SRU cant patrol
(09-10-2015, 02:43 AM)RIC0H Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 02:05 AM)Enzyme Wrote: not looking out for speeders and jaywalkers.

No one said they should be.
Just because a SRU is patrolling doesn't mean they're doing the same job as a police officer.

If a SRU was to see something while they're on patrol they can call the police to investigate the situation.
It just puts more eyes and ears on the street.

It's like if a police officer sees a weapon they call the SRU, so if a SRU saw something minor they would radio the police to look into it.

Dude how often do you see a fucking SWAT team patroling the streets? 

Police can handle firearms, but not heavy gun fights. Thats the part where the SRU has it duty to do
Although it isn't a rule I still totally disagree with their ability to patrol the streets, it really isn't realistic to be honest and I feel we've ventured too far into various countries' ways of armed officers/forces and how they execute their duties.

I think we should stick to the name, Strategic RESPONSE Unit.
(09-10-2015, 10:06 PM)DVN Wrote: Although it isn't a rule I still totally disagree with their ability to patrol the streets, it really isn't realistic to be honest and I feel we've ventured too far into various countries' ways of armed officers/forces and how they execute their duties.

I think we should stick to the name, Strategic RESPONSE Unit.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 1 user Likes Tomo's post:
  • DVN
(09-10-2015, 09:57 PM)PrivateToast Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 02:43 AM)RIC0H Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 02:05 AM)Enzyme Wrote: not looking out for speeders and jaywalkers.

No one said they should be.
Just because a SRU is patrolling doesn't mean they're doing the same job as a police officer.

If a SRU was to see something while they're on patrol they can call the police to investigate the situation.
It just puts more eyes and ears on the street.

It's like if a police officer sees a weapon they call the SRU, so if a SRU saw something minor they would radio the police to look into it.

Dude how often do you see a freaking SWAT team patroling the streets? 

Police can handle firearms, but not heavy gun fights. Thats the part where the SRU has it duty to do
If the president was to order the SRU to go out in the city to control and prevent malicious activity doesn't seem wrong to me.

RIC0H has a very good point.

Simply placing armed personell somewhere will prevent lawbreak (specially in real life.)
And I don't see how that shouldn't be allowed. 

And OFCOURSE they will not be patroling like a real officer unless it is obvious that they should stop what is happening Etc. 
If someone is speeding or whatever they will inform police officers.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(09-10-2015, 05:53 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 09:33 AM)Nacreas Wrote: We enforced unwritten rules

What I found odd was we were told that the unwritten rules have now been included in the rules (there's a post somewhere regarding it), but the 'SRU can't patrol' rule was not added.

Human error is likely the cause of that. Regardless, staff will give you an instruction to return to the Nexus and if you fail to comply, you'll be punished.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
(09-10-2015, 11:54 PM)Nacreas Wrote: Regardless, staff will give you an instruction to return to the Nexus and if you fail to comply, you'll be punished.

Punished for a rule that does not exist... hmm... sounds like abuse to me.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
I think of the SRU like firefighters. In real life, firefighters don't do anything except pass time by working out, watching TV, etc. until they are called. SRU passes time by building checkpoints, security, etc. Firefighters don't go out on the streets looking for fire, or leave to pick up sandwiches, or anything to that nature.

That's how I take it.
(09-11-2015, 01:03 AM)Matrix_ Wrote: I think of the SRU like firefighters. In real life, firefighters don't do anything except pass time by working out, watching TV, etc. until they are called. SRU passes time by building checkpoints, security, etc. Firefighters don't go out on the streets looking for fire, or leave to pick up sandwiches, or anything to that nature.

That's how I take it.

When I'm the SRU Sergeant I tend to do un-ordered tasks around the city. For example:

Checkpoint control to search everyone entering the city for weapons.
Moving base (HQ) to a disclosed location elsewhere.
(09-10-2015, 11:59 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 11:54 PM)Nacreas Wrote: Regardless, staff will give you an instruction to return to the Nexus and if you fail to comply, you'll be punished.

A rule that was drafted up previously but was never implemented. Enforcing a rule to enhance the reality of the role-play environment is not abuse.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
(09-10-2015, 11:59 PM)RIC0H Wrote:

The rule is not singled out but falls under one of the core server rules: FailRP. Heavily armed SWAT officers patrolling the streets in unrealistic and doesn't happen in most, if not all, major cities. The job of the SRU is to be there for backup when a situation escalates and the police can no longer contain it or if a report comes in involving weapons/hostages etc.

The police are there to patrol the streets and to interact with civilians. If there are heavily armed SRU walking the streets then I would warn them once (sometimes twice) and if they failed to comply I'd most likely issue a blacklist but depending on their attitude, possibly a ban for FailRP.
The following 2 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Falc, Nacreas