SRU cant patrol
@ two above.

This 'SRU cannot patrol' is a pretty big rule if your going to ban/blacklist people for it and it also gets asked by a lot of people whether it can or cannot be done.

So if the staff want to enforce this particular rule, then the rule should be included in the main rules (at the very least people will then know it's against the rules).
If the rule is not added however, then the rule simply does not exist.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
There is a few unwritten rules that are just based of common sense and FailRP.

For example, "stealing cars on the mainstreet" This is a problem I encountered with a player and got a lot of stick for it due to it not being in the rules but it comes under FailRP, you wouldn't steal a car right by the side of Nexus where police and government are everywhere and people are watching you. Which now takes me to SRU cannot patrol, it just comes under FailRP again, I mean 4 people with full body armor on, carrying a big gun with a riot shield will not walk round looking for people speeding or punching someones car for example because it just looks stupid and fails.
(09-11-2015, 12:29 PM)Falcao Wrote: Which now takes me to SRU cannot patrol, it just comes under FailRP again, I mean 4 people with full body armor on, carrying a big gun with a riot shield will not walk round looking for people speeding or punching someones car for example because it just looks stupid and fails.

Again, no one said they should be doing the same job as the police!

I even have a post on this very thread stating that:

(09-10-2015, 02:43 AM)RIC0H Wrote: No one said they should be.
Just because a SRU is patrolling doesn't mean they're doing the same job as a police officer.

If a SRU was to see something while they're on patrol they can call the police to investigate the situation.
It just puts more eyes and ears on the street.

It's like if a police officer sees a weapon they call the SRU, so if a SRU saw something minor they would radio the police to look into it.
(09-11-2015, 12:36 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 12:29 PM)Falcao Wrote: Which now takes me to SRU cannot patrol, it just comes under FailRP again, I mean 4 people with full body armor on, carrying a big gun with a riot shield will not walk round looking for people speeding or punching someones car for example because it just looks stupid and fails.

Again, no one said they should be doing the same job as the police!

I even have a post on this very thread stating that:

(09-10-2015, 02:43 AM)RIC0H Wrote: No one said they should be.
Just because a SRU is patrolling doesn't mean they're doing the same job as a police officer.

If a SRU was to see something while they're on patrol they can call the police to investigate the situation.
It just puts more eyes and ears on the street.

It's like if a police officer sees a weapon they call the SRU, so if a SRU saw something minor they would radio the police to look into it.

But that's exactly what they would be doing if they patrolled..
(09-11-2015, 12:41 PM)Falcao Wrote: But that's exactly what they would be doing if they patrolled..

Do you know that for a fact or are you just implying it?
And if you know that for a fact, then add 'SRU Cannot patrol' to the main rules to stop the confusion.

You have two options of the rule to add:
1: SRU cannot patrol
2: SRU can patrol but cannot do the job of an officer (take part in minor offenses like speeding, jaywalking, ect)

^ adding one of those two rules would stop the confusion.
(09-11-2015, 12:50 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 12:41 PM)Falcao Wrote: But that's exactly what they would be doing if they patrolled..

And if you know that for a fact, then add 'SRU Cannot patrol' to the main rules to stop the confusion.

2: SRU can patrol but cannot do the job of an officer (take part in minor offenses like speeding, jaywalking, ect)

True it will stop confusion so I'm sure the staff will discuss this now a few people have brang the subject up and make a decision.
(09-11-2015, 12:50 PM)RIC0H Wrote:

It's not an issue as you're only punished if you refuse to comply with a staff instruction, however, it should be in the rules regardless.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 1 user Likes Nacreas's post:
  • DVN
According to this website : http://www.eliteukforces.info/police/CO19/ SCO19 (UK Swat) will patrol known trouble areas (Slums, Corleone Estate) in ARVs (Armed Response Vehicles). The Trojan Proactive Unit are also armed units within England that perform high visibility patrols in known crime areas.

I have also found this : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/c...-time.html saying they will also patrol on foot.
The following 1 user Likes mintblackbeard's post:
  • Haarek
(09-11-2015, 03:03 PM)mintblackbeard Wrote: According to this website : http://www.eliteukforces.info/police/CO19/ SCO19 (UK Swat) will patrol known trouble areas (Slums, Corleone Estate) in ARVs (Armed Response Vehicles). The Trojan Proactive Unit are also armed units within England that perform high visibility patrols in known crime areas.

I have also found this : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/c...-time.html saying they will also patrol on foot.

Damn, it's a shame Evo City is a city based in America.
(09-11-2015, 04:34 PM)DanManC Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 03:03 PM)mintblackbeard Wrote: According to this website : http://www.eliteukforces.info/police/CO19/ SCO19 (UK Swat) will patrol known trouble areas (Slums, Corleone Estate) in ARVs (Armed Response Vehicles). The Trojan Proactive Unit are also armed units within England that perform high visibility patrols in known crime areas.

Damn, it's a shame Evo City is a city based in America.

Enzyme also provided examples of the Police force in his country, funny how you didn't make a comment on that Mr DanMan.

As for the post, I feel it has again gone way too deep. Either make a rule regarding their abilities or leave it as is.