Clan system
Skirmishes would be best to me, a clan war should never be about "Lets close them down" or even have the thought of "We get closed down if we loose" No one wants to get into a conflict because they know if they loose they loose everything.

As an example, there is no way in hell im ever going to get FUMUKU into ANY sort of clan conflict because i'm not risking a clan thats over over 3 years old on FL in some petty conflict that destroys more RP than it produces.

When has a clan war on FL ever gone smothely? When has it ever not resulted in mass drama because of the closure clause? When has a conflict ever been about just having fun and bragging rights?

None come to my mind.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 4 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • Suarez, DVN, livkx, Roachy
Clans should only be shut down IMO if it is an agreed rule between the two parties at war. I think these huge clan wars should be pretty much phased out, and allow unrestricted skirmishes between clans, with a few basic rules in place. I think if they do want a big be all and end all war, where they are closed down, it is hosted on event. That way there is plenty of slots for the clans to invite allies on to come fight with them, with agreed rules between two parties. Whilst on the normal servers, we should become accustomed to seeing drivebys on enemy bases between two clans, and other skirmishes. It should be allowed, with few rules that just prevent RDM and stuff. Clan wars should only be done on event as a last resort between the two clans, but they must decide on the 'winning factors' themselves
Wars are created because one party wanted something of value like oil or raw resources. There is some amazing roleplay opportunities inside Clan Wars themselves, but everybody seems so hell-bent on shutting the other clan down. It's kind of fucked up really.
The following 1 user Likes Roachy's post:
  • Davidson
Death to all

Equips kevlar and RDM's every rival clan member by metagaming their clan name.

This is going to be a great idea.. said no passiveRPer ever.
(05-20-2015, 11:15 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(05-20-2015, 11:08 PM)BlackDog Wrote: Ive always thought clan wars should NEVER result in a clans closure, conflicts should be about fun, bragging rights and potentialy a bet placed at the start of a fight.

Clans wish to fight eachother? Plan the fight out, have it on the event server and what not, and at the end, whatever was agreed upon and bet upon is exchanged, both groups had some fun, and they each go their seperate ways

There needs to be something that can be lost, not just money because there's infinitive amount of money on FL. It needs to be something WORTH fighting for, perhaps if you win you gain control of opposing clans assets or a piece of it, like a heist in GTA V.

You lose bragging rights, what's bigger than that?
(05-21-2015, 02:38 AM)Faustie Wrote: Or shall we just make it so that clans don't close on defeat, which would mean there are less actual 'wars' and it's just a game of skirmishes etc.

I think is a shame that closing something that has been put so much effort into, I believe you can find a way to make the wars count for something. 

This is just an idea that I hadn't thought all the way through, BUT couldn't we make like a vassal system?

Quick history lesson to those who don't know what Vassals are. Feudal times (or the Dark Medieval Ages in Europa) has alot of counts trying to win territory from eachother. How did the wining counts then hold control over the newly won territory? He appointed a count to get the territory for the condition that the new count payed taxes and pledged troops doing war time, thus kingdoms were formed. 

Alright so how can we implement this system into clanwars? How about the losing clan in the war would have to become a vassal of the other clan for 1-2 months, where the losing clan would have to pledge troops and pay somekind of tax in the form of weapons or just plain money. 

This would from my perspective satisfied both sides of this argument, there is something to fight and lose for and it won't result in clans being shut down.

Sidenote: About how to win a clanwar.. yea I don't have an idea just yet, however I think the point of having a clan control terrority and then having to capture and hold it for 30-50 min is a decent idea.  
The following 1 user Likes Davidson's post:
  • Dan_the_wolf