Nothern Ireland - Belfast
What happens on the 12th?
(01-27-2015, 04:54 PM)Cyborg Wrote: What happens on the 12th?

Wikipedia explaining the 12Th

Previous years:

In short if you don't want to read all about it,
A Protestant king, called King William of orange (also known as King Billy) defeated a catholic King, called King James II (2nd). Protestants celebrate this on the 11TH and 12TH, on the 11TH big bonfires: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq6xclfq23_cXkoWLBck1...6_KCkGvbQM]
and on the 12TH the Protestants march through the country playing loud music in bands. In the past years this has ended in violence due to both sides (Catholics and Protestants) taunting each other. That's the short if you want to read more search it up or PM me!
(01-27-2015, 05:24 PM)Mustang Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 04:54 PM)Cyborg Wrote: What happens on the 12th?

Wikipedia explaining the 12Th

Previous years:

In short if you don't want to read all about it,
A Protestant king, called King William of orange (also known as King Billy) defeated a catholic King, called King James II (2nd). Protestants celebrate this on the 11TH and 12TH, on the 11TH big bonfires: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq6xclfq23_cXkoWLBck1...6_KCkGvbQM]
and on the 12TH the Protestants march through the country playing loud music in bands. In the past years this has ended in violence due to both sides (Catholics and Protestants) taunting each other. That's the short if you want to read more search it up or PM me!

Ok i get it now Thanks!

+rep
Just want to add that there is allot of history with Ireland being part of the UK, even more with the north, Irish independence and the partitioning of the country. Its very hard to explain (Even the PM finds it difficult to explain). I found an easy enough video here just to explain the basics of the ROI, the Island of Ireland and the UK:

Also to do with Protestants wanting to march through Catholic areas. Playing discriminatory songs outside churches. Wanting to walk through Ardoyne an area which was big in the membership of the IRA in the 80s etc etc. it's a load of horse crap.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-25-2015, 05:04 PM)Antares Wrote:
(01-24-2015, 11:07 PM)Jamster Wrote: Welcome to Britain you crazy fool
Different island.
Yes different islands. Still part of Britain. The North of Ireland is geographically British, making it a part of Britain. A pretty picture;
[Image: map8.jpg]
I'm half Irish and I always get into this with my Dad. Though some deny being part of Britain, technically the North of Ireland is. Whether people like it or not.

And if you didn't pick up my use of "North Ireland", never call it "Northern Ireland". Joking aside, you might end up getting yourself killed if you're in the wrong pub or neighbourhood.
There's a huge argument about actual physical regions and designated borders. Like others have said, don't call someone Irish, or British, just stick to... 'citizen' (XD), I've had people shout at me for using either term. There's a lot of disruption between the two.
Also remember the police there carry guns!
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
The following 1 user Likes Nuka's post:
  • James_Gaff
It's Northern Ireland wether a person likes it or not. I call it Northern Ireland all the time and I'm fine. Yes, the police do carry guns but are rarely used.
The following 1 user Likes Mustang's post:
  • James_Gaff
Also police response times are absolutely abysmal. If you call 999 you better be good at defending yourself for the next 40 minutes...
[Image: giphy.gif]