Looking for a good horror game!
Five Nights at Freddy's looks pretty scary, I would also recommend Outlast and it's DLC.
A Serbian Film
The following 1 user Likes Greed^'s post:
  • GRiiM
(09-29-2014, 10:52 AM)Greed^ Wrote: A Serbian Film

Christ, don't remind me of that film ;-;
The following 1 user Likes GRiiM's post:
  • Greed^
Five nights at Freddy's - I played it, great game.. and lets just say.. I was transformed into to Pewdiepie

[Image: tumblr_muqgqwbCcw1si33gho4_400.gif]
Try F.E.A.R,F.E.A.R Extraction Point,F.E.A.R 2. This is the ones that are best. (F.E.A.R 2 is best Cheese)
I think outlast, It stood in my PS4 dashboard and I was fucking scared to touch it.
Kind Regards Chocolate Labrador

I think your best pick would definitely be Outlast. You start at the scariest part right away, that's the beauty of it. Other horror games take longer than 30 minutes of playtime to get to the real scary parts.
(09-23-2014, 09:16 PM)Von Tempski Wrote:
(09-23-2014, 08:44 PM)BlackDog Wrote: System Shock 2 is a great old horror game with a good soundtrack, though the vocals are the creepier aspect compared to the music

I'm worried that an old school game with dated graphics might cause players to relax a bit and i'm aiming to get as extreme results as possible however, the very fact the graphics are old could be a talking point as the immersion is almost entirely held by the audio. Cheers, I'll give it play!  

AW YES SYSTEM SHOCK 2 THREAD

The graphics make it more scary, if anything. As graphics improve, very little is left to the imagination, and to scare people the developers need to be particularly clever (as is the case in Alien: Isolation, where they go for strong audio, constant oppressing sense of danger where even hiding doesn't help often, and a major uncanny valley feeling with the androids). But in SS2, the enemy models are low-poly and grotesque, which leaves a lot to the imagination and, coupled with the great sound design, will scare the shit out of you when they come running at you down a metal corridor.

The OST is great. Ranges from super-hype electronic tracks, to tracks like this which unsettle you quite a lot:

SS2 is challenging, and if you play like an idiot and waste your recourses you're going to have a seriously tough time, but smart usage of cybermodules will ensure the challenge remains fair. I recommend going down the navy path first time (hacking bonus), and at some point you'll want to have skill points for the assault rifle. But don't underestimate melee; the wrench is great for conserving ammo, and eventually there are upgrades, whether via psi or other weapons.

You can mod the game a little, for better resolutions and textures. This is great for most of it, but don't mod the enemy models; they end up looking silly, and lose that grotesque "what the f*ck what the f*ck" feel.

Much, much better game than Outlast or Amnesia (better of the two) in my opinion. Different style, more survival horror with some action and RPG elements rather than a hiding game filled with cheap jumpscares (Outlast).

Beware cargo bay 2.