Playing Music Through Mic
(07-29-2014, 10:12 AM)ThatGirlSurinaaaaa Wrote: don't have stereomix and cba to get it XD sorry Tounge

NEW PROBLEM

Foobar sends to VAC. VAC sends to my gmod mic.
How can I hear what is being played in my mic as it plays?

Stereomix is on every Windows computer, it's not something you get, it's on your pc by default.
(07-29-2014, 10:16 AM)Rain Wrote:
(07-29-2014, 10:12 AM)ThatGirlSurinaaaaa Wrote: don't have stereomix and cba to get it XD sorry Tounge

NEW PROBLEM

The autoexec.cfg file enables that, assuming you read the instructions and it is where it needs to be, you press Page Down whilst in game and you should see mic activation like when another player speaks.

She doesn't have autoexec.cfg, She's not using your download. Also doesn't own Counter-strike source.
(07-29-2014, 10:34 AM)Anonymous350 Wrote:

NEW PROBLEM

The autoexec.cfg file enables that, assuming you read the instructions and it is where it needs to be, you press Page Down whilst in game and you should see mic activation like when another player speaks.

She doesn't have autoexec.cfg, She's not using your download. Also doesn't own Counter-strike source.

Well that is the cfg file that sets up the bind. If there is no autoexec.cfg in common/garrysmod/garrysmod/cfg then you just duplicate another cfg file thats in there, rename it to autoexec.cfg, edit with notepad, delete all the text already in the copy and then replace it with the code

Code:
alias voiceon "+voicerecord; voice_loopback 1; bind pgdn voiceoff"
alias voiceoff "-voicerecord; voice_loopback 0; bind pgdn voiceon"
voiceoff

Not sure what CSS has to do with that though :S
(07-29-2014, 10:51 AM)Rain Wrote:

NEW PROBLEM

Well that is the cfg file that sets up the bind. If there is no autoexec.cfg in common/garrysmod/garrysmod/cfg then you just duplicate another cfg file thats in there, rename it to autoexec.cfg, edit with notepad, delete all the text already in the copy and then replace it with the code

Code:
voiceoff

I presume that it doesn't matter who's download I used, as I am using VAC and foobar for it all anyways.
I placed the autoexec file in the CSS place (I have it bc of family sharing) and because there was not one there, I didn't need to replace anything.
So in order to see if it works, do I just need to play some music in foobar in Gmod, then press pgdn?

(07-29-2014, 11:31 AM)ThatGirlSurinaaaaa Wrote:

NEW PROBLEM

Code:
voiceoff

I presume that it doesn't matter who's download I used, as I am using VAC and foobar for it all anyways.
I placed the autoexec file in the CSS place (I have it bc of family sharing) and because there was not one there, I didn't need to replace anything.
So in order to see if it works, do I just need to play some music in foobar in Gmod, then press pgdn?

Why is css involved? The autoexec.cfg file goes in the common/garrysmod/garrysmod/cfg folder, then f6 should be set to play/pause and f7 to stop (or what ever keys you binded in foobar) then you just press page down to enable the mic and f6 to play it. Think of page down like a mute/unmute switch Smile
(07-29-2014, 11:34 AM)Rain Wrote:
(07-29-2014, 11:31 AM)ThatGirlSurinaaaaa Wrote:
(07-29-2014, 10:16 AM)Rain Wrote: The autoexec.cfg file enables that, assuming you read the instructions and it is where it needs to be, you press Page Down whilst in game and you should see mic activation like when another player speaks.

Code:
voiceoff

Why is css involved? The autoexec.cfg file goes in the common/garrysmod/garrysmod/cfg folder, then f6 should be set to play/pause and f7 to stop (or what ever keys you binded in foobar) then you just press page down to enable the mic and f6 to play it. Think of page down like a mute/unmute switch Smile

"Why is CSS involved?"... because of your ReadMe.txt
(07-29-2014, 11:42 AM)Anonymous350 Wrote: ---

Ah yes I see now haha my mistake, I wrote it for an individual who wanted it for css then I put it into the zip file so if I ever gave someone it they would have instructions. Will fix that though.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=49779
[Image: 8KO1g8f.png]
+rep AwestruckBullet for this awesome signature!
(07-29-2014, 09:40 AM)Jan Wrote: Don't do everything the hard way, enable stereo mix and voila, ready to go.

Not every configuration allows for stereomix, and VAC is a ton more flexible. I don't want to play all sounds from my system, my VAC setup is configured only to play my microphone and Spotify/VLC.