Playing Music Through Mic
Hello!

This is probably in the wrong place, but I need help.
I know people use a virtual audio cable of something in order to play music with good quality.
What software do you use? And more importantly, is it free?
Because, I would love to do that.
From what I understand, you need 2 bits of software.
If you could just tell me what you use, plus all the extra bits needed, that would be great!

[EDIT] I have team viewer, which may be the best option because I will most likely get confused.

Cheers
-Surina

I go into Control Panel/Sound/Recording then disable my mic which defaults to Stero Mix. I don't know about you, but for me when it defaults to Stero Mix any sound on my computer is sent through there then I simply turn down Gmod volume hit V or type +Voicerecord into console.
Everything you need along with a guide I wrote so people would stop asking me to set it up for them through Teamviewer Wink

http://www.filedropper.com/vac
(07-29-2014, 06:28 AM)Rain Wrote: Everything you need along with a guide I wrote so people would stop asking me to set it up for them through Teamviewer Wink

http://www.filedropper.com/vac

Did you make the readme guide?

Also, how do I install the VAC XD in the vac412full.zip there are loads of files o.O
help me Rain, you're my only hope

-Surina (no0b)

Yes I wrote it, hopefully its easy enough to follow.

Assuming you already have winrar or some sort of extracting software

Right click vac12full.zip > Extract to vac12full\

Then I believe you run setup64.exe or setup.exe as administrator depending on your Windows os version

setup.exe - 32bit
setup64.exe - 64bit

If you don't know what version it is then

(Start > Search > Run > Dxdiag > "Operating System: Windows Vista/7/8 32/64-bit)
Problem Solved.

I went onto Teamviewer with Surina and setup VAC. It's running perfectly fine. Cool
Don't do everything the hard way, enable stereo mix and voila, ready to go.
(07-29-2014, 09:40 AM)Jan Wrote: Don't do everything the hard way, enable stereo mix and voila, ready to go.

This method allows you to set hotkeys, e.g. F6 play/pause, F7 stop

You can also create a sort of playlist if you wanted too (for DJ, street singing etc.), by placing songs in foobar in the order you want then they should play one after another. Smile

Correct me if I am wrong but stereo mix plays all system sound does it not, so you would have to mute your in game volume? You don't have to do that when using VAC.
don't have stereomix and cba to get it XD sorry Tounge

NEW PROBLEM

Foobar sends to VAC. VAC sends to my gmod mic.
How can I hear what is being played in my mic as it plays?

(07-29-2014, 10:12 AM)ThatGirlSurinaaaaa Wrote: don't have stereomix and cba to get it XD sorry Tounge

NEW PROBLEM

Foobar sends to VAC. VAC sends to my gmod mic.
How can I hear what is being played in my mic as it plays?

The autoexec.cfg file enables that, assuming you read the instructions and it is where it needs to be, you press Page Down whilst in game and you should see mic activation like when another player speaks.