How to get a forum ban
(01-12-2015, 04:46 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(01-12-2015, 02:20 PM)HellShell Wrote: The team has made clear rules regarding admin abuse, sanctioning those who do not care about these rules and don't follow them don't deserve any better.

That doesnt mean we cant question those rules. Why was this rule put in place in the first place? From what i understand there were far too many abuse cases with an invalid reason but that's still a far too long ban to warrant something like this in my opinion.

Personally, I think it'd be better if there was a page of terms that the user must accept if they want to make an abuse thread. Something like this plugin - http://mods.mybb.com/view/accept-tos
The following 2 users Like GRiiM's post:
  • Duane, Bowiii
Most abuse cases are funny just because it's butthurt kids who are mad.

Some of these guys aren't really that innocent so I don't see why you'd excuse most of them for being "inexperienced" considering most of these guys did get banned from the server so the least they could do is read the abuse rules - but no, they're angry and butthurt because they got banned ultimately for not reading the rules.

Bans are well deserved and a little bit of a laugh.
Regards,
aviator
The following 2 users Like aviator's post:
  • Noble, Matrix_
Aviator is correct. Some people decide to be martyrs in the manner of spamming the forums, as they believe their one unban/insulting message "will be the one" that beats the rest. They fable about (their) expected impermeability, and crash and burn.

This is just a post to recognize what people do wrong, so that if a disgruntled player decides they would like to "voice their opinion" on their ban, I can preemptively prevent one from happening on the forums.

Then again, expressing what you actually think is frowned upon in the fearless community, with the exception being you are either a respected player or you create your post (flawless in manner) politically correct and with an exceptionally adept vocabulary..
FL is a very uptight community, and this is a well-known fact among the members. (You see, this statement I just inserted into my post would have been and quite possibly will be the target of needless nitpicking by people who feel as if I am wrong, and want other people to feel the same way, but so be it. Constructive or not, criticism is not always the answer.)

Saying "Hold on lads, I have an idea" on the forums and being entirely accepted is about as common as a blue camel, with five prosthetic legs, in space. Sure, it prevents ignorant posts from being continued, but it's rather harsh, what is done to people who do things like that; sometimes being told "Well, technically, _____, and it is not considered appropriate to _______ in the context of; ________." is not the best thing to do to develop the user to create adept future posts.

Ganging up on someone because posts like this are created are worse than the morbid amusement we get from looking at things similar to this. You team up in your small groups of 'perfection' and rain down fire and brimstone on the people who start it and speak against what you really think. If anything, that is the inappropriate action to be implemented in situations like this, where nothing horribly offensive is happening (Seriously, It's not like myself and people with similar posts are suggesting we build a nation from the bricks of Auschwitz and research technology with the intent to resurrect Genghis Khan, these are a website's forum post)

Posts like this are for enjoyment. If you are a non-humorous dreary black pit of seriousness, or just someone who does not find humor in posts made by people (most often children not approved to be playing this game) when they are angry, please stay away from this post. It was not intended for you.

All controversy aside, quit being reasonable. This is the internet.

[Image: 291992.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Matrix_'s post:
  • Noble, SourLemon, aviator