Kevin Complains: Ass Kissing
you should rename to these "Kevins diary"
I prefer licking it...

I don't see it that often but I in some way see what you mean.
Aloha

What you are describing is the hunger for power every human being posseses.

Power - Everybody wants it and nobody gets it but everybody owns it.
It is some natural behavior for people to gather around someone with power it would be unnatural if it wasnt that way.
We all do it everyday maybe not intentional but we do it.
If I reflect my behavior I have to admint I am looking for admin's contact once a while.
I even find myself defending the one or other admin with "bad" arguments whenever I think it is the right thing to do.

But you have to differ: being polite does not mean to ass-lick. In general you have to define the term ass-licking.
If it is "being polite towards admin" then I'd say nearly every second player ass-licked an admin at least once in his life.
But why is he ass-licking? I do know when and whom I "ass-licked" but I did not want him to give me his powers
I was just new to the server and did not know how to behave as....well you probably know Ruxandra.
So I thought being nice and making your first 100 hours easy is better than to get into rage-mode.

I have to admit there might possibly be some who are only nice and kind towards admins in order to gain an advantage or even admin powers...but it is a very low amount of players. And you will always recognise them right away.

If you are in a position of power you'll usualy become cautious -doesnt mean admins change their behavior - there will just be that little thought in the back of your brain reminding you : "He might use you".

Anyways ass-licking does not really exist. I could accuse everybody for ass-licking but in the end there'll be no evidence.
Furthermore are you free to accuse as many people you desire but you should be careful as not everybody does take an accusation gentle.
And most accusations like yours for example are made out of desperation and/or anger but that is not the Jedi way.

I hope you enjoy the last 50 Minutes of this wonderful day

-Crowh
What the fuck
Arse licking happens everywhere, though at Fearless often certain 'arse licking' is more subtle then other communities I've visited. You'd be incredibly naive to deny the fact that administrators are more inclined to favour their social groups and friends for staff positions then nobodies or strangers (Not necessarily 'friends', but definitely the 'elite'). Is this necessarily a bad thing? In real life and politics maybe, but for a gaming community it is exactly the sort of teaming that helps solidify the team.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Rahiro
(10-05-2013, 04:37 PM)WorldWideCoffee Wrote: Does it bother you that much that you have to make a thread about it?
What's the harm in a little venting from time to time?
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles