Let moderators use no clip
-Support, I don't want to see flying mods.
(03-01-2013, 04:38 PM)Burrito Warrior Wrote: -Support, I don't want to see flying mods.

Do you want to see flying admins?
The following 2 users Like GhostRider's post:
  • HellShell, Humla
Burned.
-support no point of moderators if they have no clip they would basically be an admin it may be annoying but mods and admins need a difference.
(03-02-2013, 02:51 AM)Bloodz_Bro Wrote: -support no point of moderators if they have no clip they would basically be an admin it may be annoying but mods and admins need a difference.

Do they really need to have some arbitrary difference in their methods to do their jobs?

Admins Full Power: Full ability to moniter and maintain the server

Mods Full Power: Half ability to moniter and maintain the server, leading to potential inaccuracys in case management, as well as decreased efficency.

Really there is no point to the mod position other than a substitute for the admins when they are not on, but the fact they are limited in their basic administration abilitys "Phase/Noclip" the very thing they are here to do, is impeded, its not made impossable but it is made unnessesiarily harder.

So + support for this, you can still not allow them access to the admin forums if you wish, theres one thing a moderator does not need access to, to do their job. Nor have they earned the trust to be granted access to the area, but dont go stripping them of abilitys they could REALLY use to help make their management of the server easier.

Back when I got an admin position, right from the getgo you were granted full admin powers, but not forum access until a set trial period was over, why is it suddenly different now?
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 4 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • buffalobagingi, Humla, GhostRider, HellShell
(03-02-2013, 03:10 AM)BlackDog Wrote:
(03-02-2013, 02:51 AM)Bloodz_Bro Wrote: -support no point of moderators if they have no clip they would basically be an admin it may be annoying but mods and admins need a difference.

Do they really need to have some arbitrary difference in their methods to do their jobs?

Admins Full Power: Full ability to moniter and maintain the server

Mods Full Power: Half ability to moniter and maintain the server, leading to potential inaccuracys in case management, as well as decreased efficency.

Really there is no point to the mod position other than a substitute for the admins when they are not on, but the fact they are limited in their basic administration abilitys "Phase/Noclip" the very thing they are here to do, is impeded, its not made impossable but it is made unnessesiarily harder.

So + support for this, you can still not allow them access to the admin forums if you wish, theres one thing a moderator does not need access to, to do their job. Nor have they earned the trust to be granted access to the area, but dont go stripping them of abilitys they could REALLY use to help make their management of the server easier.

Back when I got an admin position, right from the getgo you were granted full admin powers, but not forum access until a set trial period was over, why is it suddenly different now?

This

I agree with you, BlackDog. If 'noclip'/'phase' was enabled for moderators, there would still be plenty of differences, such as the maximum one day ban which they can issue, as they are not forum admins no need for the moderators to see the 'Admin Forums' you said and also no need for (un)ban requests.

As also stated, it is not really up to us to decide.
Regards,
aviator
BlackDog has a good point actually.
BlackDog, you've made me change my mind.
+Support.
Welp, I don't think i'll ever live to become a moderator of a server filled with dumb minges that ruin all RP experience, so I have no comments about this.