Health decrease when hungry - improvement
Title of Suggestion: Make the health decrease slower when hungry.

Description: So you are working with something and haven't thought about the hunger meter? You suddenly feel hungry and are loosing health quickly, open inventory and realise you dont have food? Oh, you are gonna buy food before you die? Too bad, you are already dead.

How many times havent you seen people come up to you and type "food" just to die seconds later? Just today I saw a police commander hopping around and at first I thought what he was doing but then he started bleeding. I think it is time for a change, maybe just make it a bit slower?

Why: Because the health decrease is too fast, I can live for weeks without food in real life.
The following 1 user Likes Humla's post:
  • Nadrickk
+Support.

Seems as though these guys on the server need a lot of food. Its only about 20 minutes before your hunger reaches 100, then you loose health rapidly.
Regards,
aviator
+support
I smetimes first realise i'm hungre when loosing health, then its too late to open inventory to eat ._.
+Support
It's very annoying when you forget you need food.
On my serious rp servers I've been on, they don't have a food meter. I believe food meters on serious role-play servers give it more of a MMO or a RPG feel, as they are less oriented on role-playing and more on game mechanisms and meters.
And I do know this isn't a discussion about whether we should or shouldn't have the hunger meter.
In a Dark Role-playing server that I went on they had a hunger meter but it was much slower at going down, you'd always see the message and check your meter and you had like 20% hunger left.

So may I suggest making the warning earlier?
The following 1 user Likes GeneralSirens's post:
  • Aing
I'm not sure about this.
If all you're doing is forgetting to eat wouldn't it be a better idea just to warn you that you're hungry earlier. At the moment, it reminds you of your hunger at like 99 but if it would remind you of your hunger at like 85-95 then surely you could go and grab food in the time remaining. I'm pretty sure if you just made it so you die slower, even by the time you get to a chef you may die half way through the trade or even still die on the way getting there.
I'm not sure I put that across great, but yeah..

In Summary: In my opinion don't make the health decrease slower, make the time it reminds you earlier.

Edit: I totally didn't see the GeneralSirens post above me saying exactly the same thing. So, yeah.. I MEAN THAT!
Many thanks,
SamuelFTW / Aing

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:45455941&b=3]
When the hunger meter gets to 99 it takes a long time before you start loosing health. When the warning pops up at 99 you have plenty of time to open your inventory and eat an item. When it gets to 100, you don't loose health immediately it takes at least 10 seconds before you do start to loose health. That is why I supported to having health its self decrease slower, should you not realize the text on the screen.

Or just remove hunger, or make it start at 0 when you spawn. In addition, you could make the hunger bar increase slowly, so rather then, for example, it going up by 1 every second, make it go up 1 every 5 seconds. If you get what I mean.
Regards,
aviator
Technically those "Weeks without food" you say is mostly from 0% to 100% + death time of starve.

So not exactly unrealistic the quick death. Nervous

BUt if you wanna help, I think everyone should respawn with less hunger than 50%.

Let's face it, when you're a baby, either parents or any other sources from the government make sure you're well fed if possible (Don't know much about politics), so it's kinda weird that everyone just came into the city half starved when they problably were well fed or had food on the way to the city. Nervous

Or maybe I'm just making stuff up, up to you guys to judge.
+ Support
"We all do dumb things, that's what makes us human.”

- Hossan Ramzy
+support, it needs slightly improvement, but anyways its a semi-serious server, not serious = real life.
Approved will move the point I witch you get show warning sooner and slow down damage