Moderator promotions
I've moderated on V33X for about 10 hours straight today, some people didn't seem to learn from various warnings etcetera and punishments have been dealt where I deemed necessary.

I have learned quite a lot today, but I aim to learn a lot more to improve my moderator skills, for today, I've learned enough and I'm going to hit the sack, night guys!
The following 1 user Likes Salinsky's post:
  • BambusBo
(11-20-2012, 11:33 PM)Salinsky Wrote: I've moderated on V33X for about 10 hours straight today, some people didn't seem to learn from various warnings etcetera and punishments have been dealt where I deemed necessary.

I have learned quite a lot today, but I aim to learn a lot more to improve my moderator skills, for today, I've learned enough and I'm going to hit the sack, night guys!

It's not a "all moderators" or a targeted attack on "this moderator". It's just when I report something that breaks the rules on someone with low hours, perhaps a ban shouldn't be the first choice. I understand that mods are new and have to adjust, but banning without a warning isn't an inexperience issue, it's someone being over eager to kill a minge that maybe just didn't understand the rules clear enough. When I feel like I'm walking on egg shells as a criminal class or driving a car, it's just not fun anymore. Everyone keeps saying you can do that if you have a reason. Well what reason is there to do anything criminal? In real life people break into people's houses all the time with no reason except that they want money. But that isn't allowed here. So I have to go out of my way to make that guy do something stupid just so I can rob him? I was physgun pushed away for attempting to mug an admin for 20 bucks. That's not even really me trying to make money, that's just me having fun with it. But I was told it was against the rules. Yet at the same time admins were spawning pink cars on the rooftops and flying around uncloaked, which honestly would promote new players into wanting to propclimb up there. The logic on that is monkey see monkey do. How can you fault someone for seeing something and wanting to do it himself. Clearly the rules state you can't do it but if you see someone up there, you'd expect that the rules aren't as serious as they should be. All I'm saying about this is if your going to do stuff like that, expect more new players to do it. If you don't want people to break rules, don't give the idea that your a player breaking them. And since raiding as unemployed seems to be allowed for some but not for others, I suggest you guys come up with if it is or isn't. No one should be exempt of rules.
The following 3 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Toxic, Flux, Infernaw
This guy.--^
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
(11-20-2012, 11:47 PM)Jokhah Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 11:33 PM)Salinsky Wrote: I've moderated on V33X for about 10 hours straight today, some people didn't seem to learn from various warnings etcetera and punishments have been dealt where I deemed necessary.

It's not a "all moderators" or a targeted attack on "this moderator". It's just when I report something that breaks the rules on someone with low hours, perhaps a ban shouldn't be the first choice. I understand that mods are new and have to adjust, but banning without a warning isn't an inexperience issue, it's someone being over eager to kill a minge that maybe just didn't understand the rules clear enough. When I feel like I'm walking on egg shells as a criminal class or driving a car, it's just not fun anymore. Everyone keeps saying you can do that if you have a reason. Well what reason is there to do anything criminal? In real life people break into people's houses all the time with no reason except that they want money. But that isn't allowed here. So I have to go out of my way to make that guy do something stupid just so I can rob him? I was physgun pushed away for attempting to mug an admin for 20 bucks. That's not even really me trying to make money, that's just me having fun with it. But I was told it was against the rules. Yet at the same time admins were spawning pink cars on the rooftops and flying around uncloaked, which honestly would promote new players into wanting to propclimb up there. The logic on that is monkey see monkey do. How can you fault someone for seeing something and wanting to do it himself. Clearly the rules state you can't do it but if you see someone up there, you'd expect that the rules aren't as serious as they should be. All I'm saying about this is if your going to do stuff like that, expect more new players to do it. If you don't want people to break rules, don't give the idea that your a player breaking them. And since raiding as unemployed seems to be allowed for some but not for others, I suggest you guys come up with if it is or isn't. No one should be exempt of rules.

The rules are here to prevent chaos on the server. Imagine everyone putting their job as "Murdering Psychopath" and starting to kill eachother, or "Thief" and starting to raid everything that moves. Stop trying to make up excuses for your own failures, they aren't here just to annoy you or limit your gameplay, they are here to maintain an order on the server.

Next time you see admins messing around, get some evidence and make a proper abuse report, don't start trashing them here just so you'll feel superior.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
The following 2 users Like Ruxandra's post:
  • Dr Tomorrow, Salinsky
(11-21-2012, 12:27 AM)Ruxandra Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 11:47 PM)Jokhah Wrote:

The rules are here to prevent chaos on the server. Imagine everyone putting their job as "Murdering Psychopath" and starting to kill eachother, or "Thief" and starting to raid everything that moves. Stop trying to make up excuses for your own failures, they aren't here just to annoy you or limit your gameplay, they are here to maintain an order on the server.

Next time you see admins messing around, get some evidence and make a proper abuse report, don't start trashing them here just so you'll feel superior.

Rux you got me all wrong. I love the support team, I really do. I mess with them every chance I get. I'm merely stating that stuff like that only gives people bad ideas. About me making excuses for other people. I watched people get banned for first offense without even being talked to. Wrong is wrong and that is fine, but if you run someone over who runs into the street in front of your car, not at a crosswalk, that is ban worthy? Not every case requires a ban, sometimes it's not the person's fault for the way it played out. I'm merely saying lighten up on the hammer and at least look into it just in case. Everyone has excuses for everything, that I know all too well from my IRL job. But just because everyone has one doesn't mean that some of them aren't true. I know your trying to defend your friends or the FL team, I understand that, but I'm not trying to attack them. I'm just trying to get clarification on what is and is not allowed and point out that when people with power do certain things it has a cause and effect ratio to take into account. My dealings with you have been next to non existent and what little I have had with you are extremely aggressive. We can talk without aggression because we are both civilized people. I'd like to do this constructively. And if you could please stop telling people what their intent is or how they are doing things to make them feel a certain way, I'd appreciate it. I don't know you, you don't know me. You may think I'm doing this when I'm actually doing that. Ask me and I will tell you politely and constructively how I feel / my intent.
(11-20-2012, 11:28 PM)Jokhah Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 10:10 PM)Theblackshadowofgod Wrote: It's very easy, really.
They are moderators. If they think you deserve a ban, they'll ban you.
If your ban is unfair, make an unban request.
If someone else is getting banned for a reason you think is wrong or incorrect, so what?
It's not you who is getting banned, and there isn't a single damn you can do about it.

If you don't like someone who is a moderator or his/her behaviour, so what?
Again, they are chosen already and there isn't a single thing you can do about it. If the behaviour of someone is really inappropriate I'm sure they'll hear about it.

You can whine in this thread as much as you want, but it won't solve anything.

This is a neutral opinion of me, no flame reply on anyone who responded in this thread.
Not whining but they ban for 24 hours so you can't dispute it. I have noticed an extreme drop in business as a BMD due to 70% of rebels and mob just get banned. Maybe letting up on the hammer a little or perhaps just removing those classes from the game.

We can not control whether these classes break the rules or not, deal with it.
I really respect the moderators, they are always there when you need them. Thank you, all of you, you made me not leave fearlessrp.
The following 5 users Like BambusBo's post:
  • equal, Narc, GhostRider, Salinsky, GRiiM
(11-21-2012, 06:47 AM)Bluerider Wrote: I really respect the moderators, they are always there when you need them. Thank you, all of you, you made me not leave fearlessrp.

People like you have my deepest respect.
The following 1 user Likes Narc's post:
  • GRiiM
(11-21-2012, 06:53 AM)Narcotic Wrote:
(11-21-2012, 06:47 AM)Bluerider Wrote: I really respect the moderators, they are always there when you need them. Thank you, all of you, you made me not leave fearlessrp.

People like you have my deepest respect.
^
Thread re-opened, new information:

Iban and doomdude has both been promoted to moderator. Congratulations Smile
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 1 user Likes SoulRipper's post:
  • Holdem