What is wrong with my 'DogRP'
(06-18-2012, 10:22 PM)Beflok Wrote: I never said you ignore any rules but you sure did ignore me. I know you follow all the rules but I never really see any respect shown. Anytime I make a ruling you guys always argue with it.

A point of order, i couldnt have ignored you, as you never said anything to me, i only figured out any of this was said after the fact.

And I argue with many things, mostly those that are counter productive, that much is shown in my past Admin posts
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
I argue because I was banned for a month for something which doesn't warrant anything. If it's within the Guidelines of RP and Rules, it should be allowed.
Go post an unban request if you think it will get you anywhere - I'm still seeing FailRP, random raiding and ignoring staff rulings.
I can't make an unban appeal on the grounds it was denied by the very admin which banned me, but the admin never provided what exactly I did wrong.
How can it possibly be Random Raiding? I acted in a non-aggressive role, and was allowed on the property.

1.) I worked out a plan of how I would get into the base.
2.) I set up a fake alias and gained trust with the base's owner.
3.) The new gained trust gave me entry too the base.
4.) I crouch-bounced around the base acting as a dog an annoying little dog.
5.) When I saw contra through the window I took two snapshots.
6.) I sent the snapshots to the SS/Police and told them the player to arrest and his position.
7.) When the Police arrived the player tried to run back and equip a gun, and I detained him to avoid a gunfight.
8.) Police come in and arrest him.

How is this random raiding? How is this Fail RP...? That is all I'm asking.
(06-20-2012, 12:04 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: I acted in a non-aggressive role, and was allowed on the property.

Why were you holding a crowbar if it was non-aggressive?
(06-20-2012, 12:15 AM)Zzzzap Wrote:
(06-20-2012, 12:04 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: I acted in a non-aggressive role, and was allowed on the property.

Why were you holding a crowbar if it was non-aggressive?
It's usually my ~bite~ which I'll use after doing '/me growls' it's meant for RP, and I never use it unless I'm directly threatened. It's also for the fact people are normalized with cats having knifes and dogs having crowbars within Animal RP. Think of it as deception.
(06-18-2012, 01:21 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: My recent ban for 1 Month and five days was do to "12 priors, FailRP, random raiding, ignoring admins"

You're complaining about that, really? Either way, if that FailRP did not count still, you have 12 bans xD. You should be happy it wasn't a perm... You are lucky to have such a short ban... I was banned for ignoring admins and FailRP also actually, and it was a 3 month ban, and you have more bans than I did... So stop complain...
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
I'm complaining cause the ban is over the top... The RP Guidelines/Rules don't say anything bad about the RP I was performing.
The discussion in this topic seems rather one sided, mostyl Joey showing his opinion and facts.

There is a distinct lack of opinion and facts from the defending party to back their claims up
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
(06-18-2012, 01:21 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Make note: I never announced I wasn't human. If you actually look at the first image my job clearly states 'dog entity' this practically nullifies any argument stating, 'your confusing players'

You PMed people saying you were a 'doggy'. Your argument stating that dogs can't write PMs or speak and therefore people should realize you were not actually a dog is not valid. If you would PM me saying you were RPing a dog I would just go with it, I wouldn't think: Oh, he said he is a dog which means he is NOT a dog.

(06-18-2012, 01:21 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: 1. What is wrong with being an informant?

Nothing.

Unless you are a dog.

(06-18-2012, 01:21 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: 2. How exactly did I 'random raid' when I was allowed into the facility and was aiding Police/SS looking for contra?

You were a dog.

(06-18-2012, 01:21 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: 3. What is the judgement/guideline of bad or good RP if it falls within the rules?
That is all.

If an admin tells you NOT to do a specific RP you DON'T do it, otherwise it's FailRP and you get banned.
You asked, you didn't do what you were asked to, therefore you got banned.

(06-18-2012, 09:40 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: But why should I accept a statement which is counter-productive? Was I breaking rules or not obeying the RP Guideline? No.
In your mind Soul... Why would you prevent a Passive RP?

Also - Why would I deserve a month ban for passive rp'ing....?

You were a dog.

(06-18-2012, 10:36 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: If a dog is talking to you, it ain't a dog.

Let me quote myself:
"You PMed people saying you were a 'doggy'. Your argument stating that dogs can't write PMs or speak and therefore people should realize you were not actually a dog is not valid. If you would PM me saying you were RPing a dog I would just go with it, I wouldn't think: Oh, he said he is a dog which means he is NOT a dog."

(06-18-2012, 10:36 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote:
Beflok Wrote:The user you went and raided thought so as he said in ooc "I found a dog in a gas mask "

He found me and let me in... Doesn't that provide I didn't raid?(A matter of fact... I called the Police/SS)

You tricked somebody into thinking that you were a dog ICly. As dogs normally don't call the police via their mobile or in any other way he did not think of you as a risk and therefore let you in.

Point is, you can't roleplay a dog and on the other hand be an informant for the Police, that is completely impossible. Ever tried to go up to Sicily and walk through the streets as a dog to trick a Mafia guy into bringing you to his home, wearing a dog costume or how exactly is that possible again? I've never mistaken a HUMAN for a DOG, did you?

Beflok Wrote:A lot of people try to RP as animals so when you bark IC and tell them over pm that you are a dog I can see why they would be confused if all the sudden this dog in their minds was taking pictures and tying them up.

I also said numerous things over IC and PM[PM is IC] to provide I was human. 'Dog Entity' alone should set off some alarms.

I think people just assumed you were playing a dog and to communicate with them you were writing proper words instead of just spamming the chat with "BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK!" - wouldn't be that much of RP would it? Well, maybe if you explain me how to RP an informant without actually being able to talk or write or do anything to get a message to somebody.

Beflok Wrote:Some players hardly understand english let alone "entitys".

Server's defined language is English. The word entity and entities is used in similar fashion with minor differences in every Romance/Germanic Language.

I second beflok here, I'm german and I can't give you a translation for entity. I know what it means in the game but I don't speak for everybody. There will be enough kids out there who have no idea about this.

Beflok Wrote:You clearly should have at least discussed it with me or another admin instead of disobeying a ruling on the matter.

You practically said 'No' when I asked 'Why..?' IIRC.

He said "NO." - you did it anyway, why are you wondering about the ban?

(06-20-2012, 12:04 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: 1.) I worked out a plan of how I would get into the base.

Tricking somebody into thinking that you were an animal (ICly and OOCly).

"Hey" - "Heya, I'm a dog, want to let me into your base." - "Sure! Awesome, a pet!" - /me gets out a gun "Sorry, I'm not actually a dog, I'm a CIA agent." - "What kind of sorcery is this?"

(06-20-2012, 12:04 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: 2.) I set up a fake alias and gained trust with the base's owner.

Again: you were a DOG.

(06-20-2012, 12:04 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: 3.) The new gained trust gave me entry too the base.

Yep.

(06-20-2012, 12:04 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: 4.) I crouch-bounced around the base acting as a dog an annoying little dog.

Making him think you were a dog, as I said.

(06-20-2012, 12:04 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: 5.) When I saw contra through the window I took two snapshots.
6.) I sent the snapshots to the SS/Police and told them the player to arrest and his position.

Right. That's where the dog suddenly gets human, you have to explain that to me.

(06-20-2012, 12:04 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: How is this Fail RP...? That is all I'm asking.

Unless we are in Hogwarts and you made a magic drink with a hair of a dog which turns you into one for a couple of hours and then transforms you back into a human, unless this happened... it's FailRP. Sorry.

I think your questions have been answered, if not, well sorry, I'm turning back into a kangaroo now and will just jump around and act stupid, if you get too close I will eventually punch you. Definitely punch you, sorry.

Oh yes, last question you had, why is this not in our rules?

Mate. Do you want us to write into the rules:

You can't RP the following animals:

Spoiler :
aardvark addax alligator alpaca
anteater antelope aoudad ape
argali armadillo ass baboon
badger basilisk bat bear
beaver bighorn bison boar
budgerigar buffalo bull bunny
burro camel canary capybara
cat chameleon chamois cheetah
chimpanzee chinchilla chipmunk civet
coati colt cony cougar
cow coyote crocodile crow
deer dingo doe dog
donkey dormouse dromedary duckbill
dugong eland elephant elk
ermine ewe fawn ferret
finch fish fox frog
gazelle gemsbok gila monster giraffe
gnu goat gopher gorilla
grizzly bear ground hog guanaco guinea pig
hamster hare hartebeest hedgehog
hippopotamus hog horse hyena
ibex iguana impala jackal
jaguar jerboa kangaroo kid
kinkajou kitten koala koodoo
lamb lemur leopard lion
lizard llama lovebird lynx
mandrill mare marmoset marten
mink mole mongoose monkey
moose mountain goat mouse mule
musk deer musk-ox muskrat mustang
mynah bird newt ocelot okapi
opossum orangutan oryx otter
ox panda panther parakeet
parrot peccary pig platypus
polar bear pony porcupine porpoise
prairie dog pronghorn puma puppy
quagga rabbit raccoon ram
rat reindeer reptile rhinoceros
roebuck salamander seal sheep
shrew silver fox skunk sloth
snake springbok squirrel stallion
steer tapir tiger toad
turtle vicuna walrus warthog
waterbuck weasel whale wildcat
wolf wolverine wombat woodchuck
yak zebra zebu

Fact is, if you want to RP an animal - fine RP one, but STAY AN ANIMAL. Don't trick people into thinking you actually RP a dog and then just RPing as a normal human.
You expect people to get your completely illogical RP, how would they know that you are not a dog when you tell them you are one?
If you want to RP one, the only word you will use in the chat is "bark", if you want to explain things to people you use LOOC.

This behavior plus your previous 11 bans do justify a 30days ban from the server. The ban length is explained by the amount of bans you already had before this one.

I think everything should be explained now which is why I will close this.
Dare to think!