Religious views.
Pastafarianism anyone?
I'm atheist, I may be a bit narrow minded person and I dislike some of religions but I find christianity good because of they way the teach human to live and teaches them what is wrong and what is right.
The following 1 user Likes Mahti's post:
  • Kalastaja
I'm an anti-theist, basically an atheist who thinks religions are bad. I think the world would be better off without them in these modern days. It would be like having a monarch ruling a country.

That and I find all judean-christian religions flawed severely.

(06-14-2012, 11:55 AM)Mahti Wrote: I'm atheist, I may be a bit narrow minded person and I dislike some of religions but I find christianity good because of they way the teach human to live and teaches them what is wrong and what is right.

Uh.. 1. Nearly all religions teach what is wrong and right and 2. What is wrong and right is subjective.

(06-12-2012, 01:01 AM)Faustie Wrote: Oh for f*ck's SAKE. All of you lot preaching about how religion is a load of bs are just as bad as, in your words, "people who force their religion onto others." So they force their religion onto others, you try and force your lack of religion onto others and insult their religion. Also, at least with the majority of religions, they're trying to improve your life, you're trying to damage theirs. Nice job trying to seem high and mighty in your athiest thrones, f*cking sickening. Hypocrites.

I'm an athiest myself but I've NEVER had a problem with religion unless it starts to lead to violence. 99% of the time, contrary to the media, it f*cking doesn't. I have both athiest and VERY religious friends, and all of them are great people. One friend in particular who comes to mind is a Mormon, but she respects I'm not, I respect she is, and she is a f*cking brilliant person and a close friend, much better than you lot who take the piss out of religion as I said above.

So, if you want to take the bloody piss out of people's beliefs and insult them and what they f*cking stand for whilst being a total f*cking hypocrite, have fun dealing with me. You may have noticed, I'm not a good mood. Good catch. Still want to f*cking play ball?

Hah, what an amazing generalization, just wow. No words there. 1st of all, you say the media says religion causes violence? Really? Do you have any link of that? Keep in mind the vast majority of America is still religious, I find that most newscasts from that place say that atheism causes violence, since we have no moral ocmpass, case and point Bill O'Reilly.

2nd of all, "I've NEVER had a problem with religion unless it starts to lead to violence. 99% of the time, contrary to the media, it f*cking doesn't", Not to burst your bubble, but most terrorist organizations are doing what they do because of religion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_des...anizations count them. See for yourself how many of those are religious (and Islamic aswell).

3rd of all, religions make people do bad things. Such as y'know, bombing danish embassies and killing 10 people for a fucking drawing.

I would be totally fine with religion, and I am. But don't come here pretending that religious people are all saints, if you look at your own post, you actually say that us atheists are bastards, you don't stop once to mention the immense cruelty of several religious organizations throughout history like.. Oh.. The Catholic Church, or the fact that we as atheists get picked on more than the religious because we are in the minority.
The following 1 user Likes Dylan's post:
  • WorldWideCoffee
Im an atheist, i don't mind people having their own religions, as long as they don't force their religion on others.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(06-14-2012, 06:31 AM)The_Alpha_Dog Wrote: Pastafarianism anyone?

Ramen to that!
Dare to think!
The following 1 user Likes Nudelholz's post:
  • The_Alpha_Dog
Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

[Image: 1236464044077.jpg]

The following 5 users Like Blonde's post:
  • The_Alpha_Dog, WorldWideCoffee, Elder, Spartanjunior, Slick Rick
I don't like judging people based on their religion but rather based on their individual acts. I say this because religion is used mostly to judge people.

Example:
"Hey you are an atheist! Did you know so-and-so war was started by an atheist?"
I float back and forth between Spiritual Agnosticism and Transhumanism.
This is my belief: I'm not afraid of what comes after death. It's the greatest adventure that any living creature is given... The Last Adventure.
As for my dreams, I want to see the starting stages of mind uploading. The applications of such an invention would be amazing.
I believe in one thing only, the power of human will.

Joseph Stalin (1922–1952)
Strength doesn't come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
(06-16-2012, 06:02 AM)Int64 Wrote: I don't like judging people based on their religion but rather based on their individual acts. I say this because religion is used mostly to judge people.

Example:
"Hey you are an atheist! Did you know so-and-so war was started by an atheist?"

Wait wait wait! You said you judge people for their individual action but yet you go ahead and pretty much judge every religious person in the entire world by calling us that believe in a higher being judgemental? And of course, atheists are not judgmental at all, you wouldn't dream of the countless time I have been verbally abused because I'm a christian. Being called a biggot (even through I never have spoken out against homosexuals) or have been compared to nazis because of the crusades but sure go ahead and think you are better than us that believe in something. I rest my case.