Religious views.
(06-14-2012, 12:44 PM)Dylan Wrote: I'm an anti-theist, basically an atheist who thinks religions are bad. I think the world would be better off without them in these modern days. It would be like having a monarch ruling a country.

That and I find all judean-christian religions flawed severely.

(06-14-2012, 11:55 AM)Mahti Wrote: I'm atheist, I may be a bit narrow minded person and I dislike some of religions but I find christianity good because of they way the teach human to live and teaches them what is wrong and what is right.

Uh.. 1. Nearly all religions teach what is wrong and right and 2. What is wrong and right is subjective.

(06-12-2012, 01:01 AM)Faustie Wrote: Oh for f*ck's SAKE. All of you lot preaching about how religion is a load of bs are just as bad as, in your words, "people who force their religion onto others." So they force their religion onto others, you try and force your lack of religion onto others and insult their religion. Also, at least with the majority of religions, they're trying to improve your life, you're trying to damage theirs. Nice job trying to seem high and mighty in your athiest thrones, f*cking sickening. Hypocrites.

I'm an athiest myself but I've NEVER had a problem with religion unless it starts to lead to violence. 99% of the time, contrary to the media, it f*cking doesn't. I have both athiest and VERY religious friends, and all of them are great people. One friend in particular who comes to mind is a Mormon, but she respects I'm not, I respect she is, and she is a f*cking brilliant person and a close friend, much better than you lot who take the piss out of religion as I said above.

So, if you want to take the bloody piss out of people's beliefs and insult them and what they f*cking stand for whilst being a total f*cking hypocrite, have fun dealing with me. You may have noticed, I'm not a good mood. Good catch. Still want to f*cking play ball?

Hah, what an amazing generalization, just wow. No words there. 1st of all, you say the media says religion causes violence? Really? Do you have any link of that? Keep in mind the vast majority of America is still religious, I find that most newscasts from that place say that atheism causes violence, since we have no moral ocmpass, case and point Bill O'Reilly.

2nd of all, "I've NEVER had a problem with religion unless it starts to lead to violence. 99% of the time, contrary to the media, it f*cking doesn't", Not to burst your bubble, but most terrorist organizations are doing what they do because of religion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_des...anizations count them. See for yourself how many of those are religious (and Islamic aswell).

3rd of all, religions make people do bad things. Such as y'know, bombing danish embassies and killing 10 people for a freaking drawing.

I would be totally fine with religion, and I am. But don't come here pretending that religious people are all saints, if you look at your own post, you actually say that us atheists are bastards, you don't stop once to mention the immense cruelty of several religious organizations throughout history like.. Oh.. The Catholic Church, or the fact that we as atheists get picked on more than the religious because we are in the minority.

And yet, here you are, trying to be all high and mighty in your atheist chair, albeit slightly more subtley, yet you're pulling massively levels of hypocrasy here. We atheists get picked on? Why are you picking on the religious?

Note I said 99% of the time. Kindly learn basic math, this does mean that in fact I agree that 1% of the time, it does lead to this. 1% coincides happily with the amount of purely religion-related violence we see. Thank you for clarifying the mathematical 1% of my post. Shame you both ignored the 99% and proved it with your hypocrasy at the same time. Thanks for proving both my points, mate.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • Kalastaja
I think the intentions of religion itself, if it makes someone a better person and betters their life, then I'm all for it with my blessings fully intact. But, I think people who try to shove those beliefs, however which way it makes them feel, down others throats and use fear tactics and as a means to discriminate others, that's when religion gets pushed too far. Its happened with ALL religions; with Judiasm, with early Paganism, with Christianity (especially Catholicism), with Islam, Hinduism, I've yet to find a religion that hasn't had its era of its followers persecuting those who believe differently.

As for Scientology, I believe its a cult. So is Satanism. Neither are cool with me. And I say that as someone who has a lot of Pagan beliefs. I don't believe in adhering to an evil deity because what you put out you get back and become. And believe me I want nothing to do with demons and evil energy. Scientology is just like the Catholic Church and many Protestant branches (Evangelists, Pentecostals, and Baptists come to mind), a pay as you go religion while the greedy higher ups gladly become richer buying a new sucker every minute...
[Image: coffeejr.png]

My character
Name: Coffee Jr Jones
Money: 101679
Donator: 207 days
Time played: 361 Hours
RP Points: 11

Atheist.

'Nuff said'
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 2 users Like equal's post:
  • earl, Slick Rick
(06-18-2012, 05:17 AM)Equalizer Wrote: Atheist.

'Nuff said'
Satanist lol!

No joke though.
(06-17-2012, 11:29 PM)Faustie Wrote: And yet, here you are, trying to be all high and mighty in your atheist chair, albeit slightly more subtley, yet you're pulling massively levels of hypocrasy here. We atheists get picked on? Why are you picking on the religious?

Note I said 99% of the time. Kindly learn basic math, this does mean that in fact I agree that 1% of the time, it does lead to this. 1% coincides happily with the amount of purely religion-related violence we see. Thank you for clarifying the mathematical 1% of my post. Shame you both ignored the 99% and proved it with your hypocrasy at the same time. Thanks for proving both my points, mate.

Oh, I am so sorry, Faustie.. I should have recognized that no religions have ever stifled freedom and progress.

Who am I to speak out against religion? what with all the shit they get for being in the minority, the poor buggers. I should be punished for voicing my opinion on the matter. Those poor religious folk that have done anything wrong in their lives, they are just trying to live their life, and I am being so goddamn cruel because I have an opinion on the matter!

If you read my posts, I never said anything about wanting to deprive anyone of their religion, you misread me and smugly said "thanks for proving both my points" (talking about being high and mighty?) I said I wish we live in a world where religion does not exist. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER did I say I wanted people to lose the freedom of choice. People are free to have a religion as well as an opinion, they are free to be proud of their religion/opinion, but for the love of god keep it to yourself, unless you come to an appropriate point where you may voice it. And this is a thread on your religious views and opinion on religion, right? But.. Oh, right, I am not allowed to voice my opinion because it happens to go against someone's religion and they might feel harassed and hunted by every atheist despite consisting of 90-98% of the world population.

Besides, I am allowed to be as self-righteous and high and mighty as I want. You bringing my atheism into it is rather ignorant, as that has nothing to do with my religion at all.

Still think religious people have it fucking hard? Try walking in the Middle-East as an atheist woman without a scarf.
I dare you.

Oh and another thing, you seem to have it totally wrong, we are hypocrites for attacking religions? No, no we are not. Notice how we are attacking the RELIGIONS and not the people? I couldn't give less shits what you live by, I do, however give many shits that one of the major religions That feature their "oh so good prophets" beating their wives.
I like to call myself a Scientist, Not an Atheist!
[Image: bill-oreilly-proves-god-banned-In-hollyw...20x508.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Jamie's post:
  • TC224, AleksaKiller, Haarek, Slick Rick
I'm Church of England .
Offensive imagery removed.
Well CBurger, I'm sorry if physical, chemical and biological sciences are too hard for you to comprehend, so that you have to replace them with "nothing" and "magic."
The following 1 user Likes Killjoy's post:
  • Haarek