New TeamSpeak IP
So having a SA rank for the FL teamspeak when you are not SA is not fake?
Not the SA rank, it was the default host rank with the shield icon. As I said they were setting it up. He's trying to do something good for FL
I have the "Host" rank, if you want, please do come on and check my permissions and rank.
Well I personally have no intention of ever using that teamspeak, first of all I don't want some random guy having my IP who isn't even staff. Second of all said person who owns the teamspeak is acting a child with it as seen in Livs post. Third of all the massive security risk that connbob was handing out admin to anyone who asked for it, also a time where someone impersonated an admin and received the rank. The impersonator would have access to everyone's IP on the server as well as the full chatlogs. I don't see why we don't stick to Raptor's as its the same as connbob's but a staff member running it, less security risks but less slots.

I don't see how you can call a server owned by a player the official teamspeak.

If you want an official server run one of the dedi, we don't need 500 slots we will never use it. The max I've ever seen the teamspeak at is 40.

In my opinion letting a player run the Official teamspeak server is the same as if you let a player run the Official GMOD server.

The way connbobs been behaving with this teamspeak server will just cause more drama.
The following 6 users Like Brennan's post:
  • Nyander, James_Gaff, Tawee, Mustang, livkx, Old Man Jokhah
An IP address is not that valuable these days unless its to a DDoSer but they wont typically DDoS normal people. Every website you log onto gets your IP, every game server everything on the internet. Connbob might not be the most trustworthy in your opinion but he won't do nothing with your IP.
I never said 'connbob' would as I stated in my post 'connbob' handed out admin to an impersonator. Due to the recent DDOS attacks on FL, do you think it impossible a DDOSer wouldn't try this in the future? Admins have access to full connection details on the teamspeak server thus everyone's IP including staff members could be taken. A way to counter this would be to not allow connbob to administrate on the server but as seen in Livs post he has other intentions.
The following 1 user Likes Brennan's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
I am not an admin rank, and I do not have intentions to be an admin rank, all I can do is create channels ect.
"don't want some random guy having my IP who isn't even staff"

The DDoSes on FL have no difference. Anyone could DDoS FL seeing as the IP is public and out there. Having yours, mine or even an admins won't make a difference to FL being DDoSed. DDoSers would rather DDoS FL than some random person who plays it.

Anyway can't be bothered to argue any more.
@SuarezPoint was that DDOSers would make an effort to DDOS the staff members especially if it's a personal attack against a staff member e.g. the whole Dig drama.

Tiger you have access to web console that's the greatest security risk

Made my points not going to post anything else, have fun on the 'Official' Teamspeak server
The following 2 users Like Brennan's post:
  • James_Gaff, Old Man Jokhah
(05-17-2015, 05:33 PM)TheTiger Wrote: I am not an admin rank, and I do not have intentions to be an admin rank, all I can do is create channels ect.

You may not be, but it takes you all of 30 seconds to create a privilege key on your console... Where you can see all of the logs... And IP addresses....