Regarding racism/homophobia, staff punishments vs player punishments, etc.
It's not really our fault they became homos? - And the internet now days includes words like gay and homo etc. If they can't see them like getting mad everytime then stay away from the internet?
Anyway:
I respect their decision 100% and I thing its cool they did it nothing there.
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

(12-05-2012, 09:09 AM)NukaBomb Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 12:55 AM)mono Wrote: Funny, gay people are homophobic!
I understand that they're "offensive" terms but some people need to learn to just grow away from them.

And you have come up with this stupidly ridiculous theory that gay people walk around saying "Wassup f****t!". You don't know anything. Please delete that post.

I am gay, I don't go around yelling *** but I don't get offended at all. You can tell whether an insult is offensive or not. Politely and kindly, of course, shut up.
(12-05-2012, 09:55 AM)Biowulf Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 09:09 AM)NukaBomb Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 12:55 AM)mono Wrote: Funny, gay people are homophobic!
I understand that they're "offensive" terms but some people need to learn to just grow away from them.

And you have come up with this stupidly ridiculous theory that gay people walk around saying "Wassup f****t!". You don't know anything. Please delete that post.

I call Elder a fa­ggot all the time but he doesn't give a shit, even though he's 120% homosexual. Again, it's the internet.
I feel like you're just white-knighting about this whole thing. Acting all butthurt because someone disagrees with you. Like you know shit of it. You're defending something even though you have no idea how it really is.
You can call eachother whatever you want in private. Keep it to 0 in public though. You're all acting like this is your fountain of youth and we're taking something that extremely beneficial from the community.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
It says in the loading screen that we are a friendly RP community. Whenever I'm on the server I always see people insulting eachother. But really, if you get offended by some guy at FL saying you're a cigarette, you really shouldn't be playing. As far as I know Gmod has an age restriction, and it's there for a reason.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(12-04-2012, 09:39 PM)Ruxandra Wrote: These are the rules. If you don't like it go find another community that's able to tolerate this kind of language. And you can also be punished in real life because they have something called "Hate-speech" that ranges from a fine to even jail. It's not our fault some people can't hold in their hormones.
In what country is that? In my country we have freedom of speech.

(12-05-2012, 12:07 AM)MattyG56 Wrote:
(12-04-2012, 07:55 PM)PrivateToast Wrote:
(12-04-2012, 04:31 PM)StillAlive Wrote:
(12-04-2012, 04:23 PM)PrivateToast Wrote: It just words...

Actually, that's not right.
Words have a meaning and so does everything behind them. I sure hope you realize that or else you're really going to have a bad time.
Those people who find the words offensive why are they even on the internet then...

Some people like to be social, they don't have to hear these words, they can just chat to friends.
I talk hate speech everyday. also IRL, Zzzzap can even prove it.
(12-05-2012, 03:20 PM)PrivateToast Wrote: y is that? In my country we have freedom of speech.

Most 'western' countries have 'freedom of speech' but criminalise Hate Speech. The Danish Penal Code, the foundation of criminal law in Denmark, deals with hate speech in section 266b and prohibits public statements by which a group is threatened , insulted or degraded due to race, skin colour, national or ethnic origin, faith or sexual orientation.

Freedom of Speech is not an excuse for insulting people. I know it happens and I know it's 'life' but with that argument you could state 'death' is a way of life so if I kill someone who cares?
Same For Britian Adman. No hate speech.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
I do agree with the fact that if you get offended then you shouldn't be playing. I am pretty sure if someone called another person a (Homophobic word here) I wouldn't be offended, if it was meant seriously or directly aimed at me with the meaning of the word there than why wouldn't you get offended, now on the internet it is hard to tell if the person really 'meant' it, where as, face to face you can hear the expression of their voice and their body language. I think that although words have meanings, if you don't actually know the person, nor does it affect your life (Outside of the game, eg: School) then offence shouldn't be taken, it is the internet after all.

I don't want this to change your opinions of me, but I just think getting seriously offended is not entirely needed over the internet (Unless the person you know in real life, but isn't meant in a joking way).

The term 'Freedom of Speech' and many other 'Human Rights' all contradict each other, for example, Freedom of speech would imply that racism is allowed, but another human right is that people should NOT be insulted for their race, faith, sexuality, gender etc.

(I DO NOT condone racism in the sentence above).
Regards,
aviator
(12-05-2012, 04:38 PM)Adman Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 03:20 PM)PrivateToast Wrote: y is that? In my country we have freedom of speech.

Most 'western' countries have 'freedom of speech' but criminalise Hate Speech. The Danish Penal Code, the foundation of criminal law in Denmark, deals with hate speech in section 266b and prohibits public statements by which a group is threatened , insulted or degraded due to race, skin colour, national or ethnic origin, faith or sexual orientation.

Freedom of Speech is not an excuse for insulting people. I know it happens and I know it's 'life' but with that argument you could state 'death' is a way of life so if I kill someone who cares?
Ehm What?
(12-05-2012, 04:38 PM)Adman Wrote: The Danish Penal Code, the foundation of criminal law in Denmark, deals with hate speech in section 266b and prohibits public statements by which a group is threatened , insulted or degraded due to race, skin colour, national or ethnic origin, faith or sexual orientation.

You're not getting arrested in Denmark for calling your friend a *** or ***, theres a difference between slang and hatespeech. Stop making it sound like it's the same, its NOT.

(12-05-2012, 04:38 PM)Adman Wrote: Freedom of Speech is not an excuse for insulting people.

We never insulted anyone.

(12-05-2012, 04:38 PM)Adman Wrote: I know it happens and I know it's 'life' but with that argument you could state 'death' is a way of life so if I kill someone who cares?

Didn't really make a lot of sense there.
The following 1 user Likes Fleet Admiral Zapington's post:
  • PrivateToast