Report : GreeD^
(02-15-2016, 04:16 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 04:12 PM)Infernaw Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 03:54 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 03:50 PM)Infernaw Wrote: I'd appreciate some input from some other staff members aswell, just to make it clear whether this IS a doomfort/rulebreak in any kind, or not.

If you dont even know whether it's doomfort or not, then why are you being so mad at me for it lol? Atleast be a little more specific in the rules instead of punishing players for your mistakes

I'm not being mad at you for requiring a report to be investigated a little bit more, for the sole purpose of clearing Doomfort questions out for the player who has reported you, and others who are reading the report. So sit down with that attitude of yours. 

If you have checked the Doomfort explanation, it clearly states that admins usually have different opinions, and I want more opinions than Falcao- and Agorith's on this. Not because I want to punish you, I'm simply just interested.

Also I'm sorry that you don't know the rules fully, but let me reference you to this PR that clearly shows you can build/have contra on that platform
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=65966
Please check specifically what Tomo wrote

Time to get back on topic. Building on the rooftop isn't the issue at hand here really.
As Infernaw has previously stated; Sit tight and wait for more staff members to voice their opinion on here on whether or not it's a doomfort in their eyes or not.

Agorith
Fearless Moderator
(02-15-2016, 04:20 PM)Agorith Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 04:16 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 03:50 PM)Infernaw Wrote: I'd appreciate some input from some other staff members aswell, just to make it clear whether this IS a doomfort/rulebreak in any kind, or not.

If you dont even know whether it's doomfort or not, then why are you being so mad at me for it lol? Atleast be a little more specific in the rules instead of punishing players for your mistakes

I'm not being mad at you for requiring a report to be investigated a little bit more, for the sole purpose of clearing Doomfort questions out for the player who has reported you, and others who are reading the report. So sit down with that attitude of yours. 

If you have checked the Doomfort explanation, it clearly states that admins usually have different opinions, and I want more opinions than Falcao- and Agorith's on this. Not because I want to punish you, I'm simply just interested.

Also I'm sorry that you don't know the rules fully, but let me reference you to this PR that clearly shows you can build/have contra on that platform
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=65966
Please check specifically what Tomo wrote

Time to get back on topic. Building on the rooftop isn't the issue at hand here really.
As Infernaw has previously stated; Sit tight and wait for more staff members to voice their opinion on here on whether or not it's a doomfort in their eyes or not.

Agorith
Fearless Moderator

Then why did Infernaw bring it up? He's clearly looking for a reason to ban me lol, he's an SA, so he should focus on the rules and make it more clear on doomforting instead of wasting his time on small PRs on players he doesn't like

Since you're just avoiding my questions and only think I'm asking you things in order to punish you, which I already stated is not my goal, I will just close this case and decrease the salt in your body since you're turning into a McDonald's french fry.

Report denied since the accused user refuses to co-operate in order to clear things out for the reporting user and other members reading the report.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
Thread re-opened.

The decision to close it was slightly rushed, seeing as several other staff members still wish to comment on the case and requested the option to express further opinions.

See the following quote, taken directly from the Doomforting explanation:
You cannot build complex mazes, tiny firing holes, toggled cover using the fading door tool, you cannot force people to crouch, and you cannot use materials that dazzle, blind or visually confuse the raiding party.

Crouching is specified here because it fits any situation, concerning aggressive RP bases. Whether it's crouch to enter a base or crouch to stand even a minor chance of a successful raid.
I say it is doomfort.

Quote:You cannot build complex mazes, tiny firing holes, toggled cover using the fading door tool, you cannot force people to crouch, and you cannot use materials that dazzle, blind or visually confuse the raiding party.

Spoiler :
Excerpt from Doomfort explanation at http://www.fearlessrp.net/rules.php

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
This is a doomfort.

Raiders do not have a fair advantage, the keypad is quite clearly surrounded by two shooting gaps, which forces the attackers to crouch.
[Image: IgcIQgP.png]
(02-15-2016, 02:55 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 01:51 PM)Infernaw Wrote: Case re-opened for further investigation.

18.4 Barricades must be made so that the attacker has a reasonable chance of victory.

The keypad is surrounded by shooting gaps. Do you feel like this gives the raiders a chance of victory, by any chance?

[Image: v5uLwJA.png]
I see plenty of room to hide, and actually, if you crouch, you cant be shot at all (tested it out)
Equally, as a policeman, you dont have to crack the keypad, there's other options (breach, ram etc)
Also, it gives the raiders plenty of chance, if they for example use tactics, instead of yolo-rushing, obviously raiders wont have a greater chance than the defenders

I've just made a replica out from the video and out from the replica, you can indeed shoot people who crouch behind it.
Here's a screenshot when you are as close to the defense as possible, and looking towards the defense.
[Image: 4C812DC089EFF78EE9A85514A3D5401488A246F2]

Here's a screenshot when you are as close to the defense as possible, and looking towards the keypad.
[Image: 948D009FE1378850AF0E7F59F58C174CB6EA2A60]
This base is a doomfort as there is not a fair chance for the attackers. The defenders have a big advantage as they can kill anyone before they can even get to the keypad which is in the line of fire. Unless the rule or explaination has been removed then having the keypad in a killing zone, ie a small hallway in which you can be shot from, is not allowed and classed as a doomfort.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
(02-15-2016, 05:40 PM)Avgar Wrote: Thread re-opened.

The decision to close it was slightly rushed, seeing as several other staff members still wish to comment on the case and requested the option to express further opinions.

See the following quote, taken directly from the Doomforting explanation:
You cannot build complex mazes, tiny firing holes, toggled cover using the fading door tool, you cannot force people to crouch, and you cannot use materials that dazzle, blind or visually confuse the raiding party.

Crouching is specified here because it fits any situation, concerning aggressive RP bases. Whether it's crouch to enter a base or crouch to stand even a minor chance of a successful raid.

You clearly misunderstood that part, I am not FORCING anyone to crouch, and they're not forced to crouch to enter my base
(02-15-2016, 06:08 PM)NightHawkd Wrote: This base is a doomfort as there is not a fair chance for the attackers. The defenders have a big advantage as they can kill anyone before they can even get to the keypad which is in the line of fire. Unless the rule or explaination has been removed then having the keypad in a killing zone, ie a small hallway in which you can be shot from, is not allowed and classed as a doomfort.

Hitman has said it's allowed as long as I don't shoot them when they crack the keypad? Could the staff team please agree on the rules for once?