Hl2.exe has stopped working
title says all, help please
You need to start up a singleplayer game before you join an Online server, but then you can't make keypads.
But you can also join an online sandbox game before you join another online server and the it work
The following 1 user Likes Eeee394's post:
  • ForceGhost
(02-17-2012, 09:33 AM)Rezil Wrote: You need to start up a singleplayer game before you join an Online server, but then you can't make keypads.
But you can also join an online sandbox game before you join another online server and the it work

That Works 9/10 times

If not ... Gmod Re-Install
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
What game does it happen on? What is it you're trying to do that causes the game to crash?

You will get that error when the game stops working. It's common with any Source game (they will all be referred to as hl2.exe as they all use Half-Life 2 content), and the most common cause is trying to use game mods (such as model replacements) on servers that have sv_pure set to 1. Game crashes can also occur when the game cannot calculate something or attempts the impossible; Garry's Mod is very unstable compared to other Source games and it could crash at the slightest provocation. Avoid things such as Easy-welding a prop repeatedly, setting phys_pushscale to an excessively high value and using faulty addons.

Finally, "i get error help please" isn't going to make you friends very quickly.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
What raffi said
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
He has the same problems most of us have. If you try joining the server directly as the first thing you do when joining Gmod, you will get a hl2.exe has stopped working. I need to start single player or join a sandbox game.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.