Scale government job slots to the current playercount.
Lightbulb 
Title of Suggestion: Scale government job slots to the current playercount.

Description
An issue bought up on my Secret Service job suggestion was that this could result in the whole playerbase able to take a government slot, making crime unfulfilling and futile to even attempt.

I suggest to scale the police and SWAT Slots to the current playercount to follow suit of virtually every other CityRP game on gmod.

The scaling could go either way however, this could be adjusted to suit this communities needs, however, I reccommend it goes as such:

Notes:
1 Sergeant and 1 SWAT Leader always available.

Lowest (0-8 players):

3 Police officers
2 SWAT

8-18 players:
4 Police officers
3 SWAT

19-25 players:
5 Police officers
4 SWAT

Anything above that will have the current slot amount.

EMS could also face these limits, albeit its not necessary.

Why?
There's times where there are a full force of 6 officers + SWAT When there is like 2 players playing jobs where they could cause issues for the department to respond to. Limiting the PD to prevent gross disproportions would prove effective in encouraging players who want action to create it as criminals than wait for it as Police.
I feel like I'm Gucci Mane in 2006
The following 1 user Likes B33n's post:
  • -DanTheMan-
+Support

Although most of the time, there's way too few people in government roles (say when server is below 25 people, you're lucky if you find more than 1 officer)
Maybe we could incentivize people to play cop when there's few of them on by scaling the paychecks up when there's less than x cops?
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 2 users Like gin's post:
  • B33n, Boonan
-Support
~ Equinox ~
+support
[Image: U1UedhK.png]
It already scales for the playercount, it increases as more people join. From my experience the gov force is never overpowered anyway, it's either balanced or extremely outmatched.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-28-2022, 08:26 PM)Pollux Wrote: It already scales for the playercount, it increases as more people join. From my experience the gov force is never overpowered anyway, it's either balanced or extremely outmatched.

This brings forth a very pertinent point. That the government is often horrendously outmatched in aggressive RP. Perhaps it would be possible to change the balance in another way.

I suggest instead of scaling the slots, how about we scale the equipment, aiming for a quality over quantity approach. When there are less police officers (for example 1 sergeant, 1 officer) they be given a very small but noticeable buff to health and damage, that, as more officers join, drops down to the normal stats.

Might be unpopular or even impossible to implement, but just an option.

[Image: fgfcrai.png]

If I helped you, please consider giving me a +Rep.

(01-30-2022, 11:21 AM)D0ctor Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 08:26 PM)Pollux Wrote: It already scales for the playercount, it increases as more people join. From my experience the gov force is never overpowered anyway, it's either balanced or extremely outmatched.

This brings forth a very pertinent point. That the government is often horrendously outmatched in aggressive RP. Perhaps it would be possible to change the balance in another way.

I suggest instead of scaling the slots, how about we scale the equipment, aiming for a quality over quantity approach. When there are less police officers (for example 1 sergeant, 1 officer) they be given a very small but noticeable buff to health and damage, that, as more officers join, drops down to the normal stats.

This wouldn't work at all, this would then make it unfair if say those who are efficient at aggressive RP join the government they'd be way too overpowered for regular players to kill and they are hard enough to kill as it is let alone with HP and damage buffs lol. This would then lead to say 1 or 2 officers who are experienced at PvP combat decimating 4+ players who aren't used to the combat in FL at all
[Image: 8qIOXca.jpg]
(01-30-2022, 05:51 PM)Boonan Wrote:

This wouldn't work at all, this would then make it unfair if say those who are efficient at aggressive RP join the government they'd be way too overpowered for regular players to kill and they are hard enough to kill as it is let alone with HP and damage buffs lol. This would then lead to say 1 or 2 officers who are experienced at PvP combat decimating 4+ players who aren't used to the combat in FL at all

[Image: tumblr_inline_nq416emkpg1sxv87z_250.png?...=245%2C200]
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 1 user Likes gin's post:
  • Boonan

Everytime I'm on the server it seems like a skill issue that they're outgunned. They get full armour and M4's for cheap, which if they use "Misc" attachments, do fucked up levels of damage per second and with all attachment packs serve virtually every combat role from sniping to close range. The issue here is most the regular players  who regularly outgun the police department are skilled players who have been around for ages doing PVP. There's times where I've gone into multiple shooter situations with 2 other officers and won massively then theres times where the whole PD is steamrolled by 2 people with Shotguns.
I feel like I'm Gucci Mane in 2006
Gov jobs already scale, tweaking it as suggested would make it unbalanced.

Denied.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork