Presidential Protection unit / Secret service role.
Lightbulb 
Title of Suggestion: Presidential Protection unit / Secret service role.

Description
This suggestion is to add a formal job for Presidential protection.

This could go by many names, such as:
- Close protection unit, Individual titles such as "Close protection Agent / officer"
- Secret Service, individual title "Secret Service Agent"
- Presidential Protection Unit, Individual title "Presidential Protection Agent / officer"

The agents would have the following responsibilities:
- Protecting the president
- Body doubling as the president in order to divert assassination attempts and to assess threat level against the president.
- Driving the president around.

The Bodyguards would have access to the following gear:
Primary weapons:
- UMP45 (Free)
- MP5 (Free)
- G36C ($2000)

Secondary weapons:
- FN FiveSeveN (Free)
- MR96 ($900)

Melee:
- ASP Baton

Equipment:
Handcuffs
Taser

They would also be able to spawn any weapon from their inventories that standard police can spawn. (P99, etc.)

They should rearm and spawn in the same area the police do.

They should not have arrest permissions, this would be done by police officers. This is to discourage them to go about enforcing the law rather than doing their duties. They may detain with cuffs however.

These agents would have access to spawn their own police cars or civilian vehicles. Upon using a police vehicle, in the same way EMS Vehicles turn red, the police car should turn full black to remove police markings.

The suit player models could be used for this job, as well as having the possibility to "Body double" as the president / vice president. To accommodate for this update as well as other RP and adding new clothing options, Add This addon, which I will make a separate suggestion for.

The slots for this job would simply be limited to 2 agents. This would allow the mayor to still hire "Private guards" and thus not ruin that aspect of the RP experience that may or may not be cherished here.

Why?
The current system is very confusing to newer players and the majority of "Hired guards" for presidents aren't using a guard job or a realistic playermodel for such a role, they're in civilian clothing and in shootouts its near impossible to figure out who's who before they kill you. 

There was one instance where myself and 3 other officers mistook a guard for a suspect and shot, I ordered a ceasefire to speak to the presidents hired guard, who then proceeded to gun us all down without consequence as the president believed he was in the right to shoot me down despite me granting them an opportunity to announce themselves as friendly.

On another occasion, The mayors guards actively sought towards a group of assassins far ahead  of the police, and they were wearing the same clothes as the agents. I only fired upon a single suspect due to me not wanting to shoot towards someone who may be friendly.
I feel like I'm Gucci Mane in 2006
-support

That's the point of the SRU to protect the president and respond to high-priority calls!
(01-23-2022, 07:43 PM)Jakey Wrote: -support

That's the point of the SRU to protect the president and respond to high-priority calls!

SWAT's dual responsibilities play against it though, in the event of a serious incident this leaves the president unguarded, 1 dude could take a hostage and draw all the police to them whilst another dude runs in PD with an AR15 to kill the president! Having job set bodyguards will not only alleviate this responsibility from SWAT allowing them to focus solely on public safety but would also give newer players a very easy job to help them understand the government side of the server better.
-Support I like the idea, but it already exists. In 4 different jobs actually. You have either SRU, as Jakey pointed out, but you also have the Security Role, which whole purpose is to do stuff like that, then you can just do /job and you also have organisations dealing with that, so not really necesarry imo
(01-23-2022, 07:48 PM)B33n Wrote:

SWAT's dual responsibilities play against it though, in the event of a serious incident this leaves the president unguarded, 1 dude could take a hostage and draw all the police to them whilst another dude runs in PD with an AR15 to kill the president! Having job set bodyguards will not only alleviate this responsibility from SWAT allowing them to focus solely on public safety but would also give newer players a very easy job to help them understand the government side of the server better.

The president should coordinate his plan of defense, there is no point in continuously adding jobs to something which is not necessary!
(01-23-2022, 11:35 PM)Jakey Wrote:

The president should coordinate his plan of defense, there is no point in continuously adding jobs to something which is not necessary!

From my point of view having responsibilities that require you to guard and drive around the president round the clock whilst also having to be the last line of defence in a major firearms incident simply cannot be done effectively at the same time. Furthermore, this would add a whole new dynamic to the server, allowing these agents to body double as the mayor.

SRU stands for “strategic response unit” not “Strategic response and presidential protection unit”.

The reasoning I still think that the current system isn’t sufficient enough includes:
- Passive jobs can’t be armed meaning chauffeur can’t be that effective if hired to drive the mayor around.
- Finding a civilian who would be willing to buy their own Kevlar vest and guns to defend you with isn’t always practical or possible. By adding this job, you give incentive of doing so through paychecks, free guns and armour, and a great RP experience. This also is very good incentive wise for the president too, as this money doesn’t come out of the presidents pocket to pay someone to be a guard who may or may not take the money and not fulfil their duty.
- SWAT should be a response team. SWAT teams don’t guard politicians in their downtime, which I will elaborate on here:

In reality, in many countries including the US (where this is based) there’s 2 types of SWAT employee typically, Part time SWAT, and Full time. Part time SWAT are fulfilling regular policing duties as police officers, in the same uniform and equipment as non-SWAT officers. In the event of a firearms incident however, they gear up, usually either by returning to station and getting their SWAT gear, or sometimes they carry it in their trunk, and respond. Full time SWAT officers on the contrary only fulfill SWAT duties and remain on standby until a major firearms, hostage, explosives or drugs incident occurs. Typically, the Full time SWAT would be the first SWAT officers on scene as they were on standby to begin with. Realistically a presidents body guard can’t just leave to do something more important. Why? Because there’s nothing more important than the mission of providing protection to a VIP as a bodyguard.

Terrorists and assassins rarely decide not to strike when a guard is absent out of good sportsmanship. You can’t prioritise any 1 of these 2 major duties if you’re in a single job that has 2 simultaneous objectives, one of which drags you away from your other, possibly just as important responsibility.

No politician in the United States has a SWAT team regularly guarding them, not a proper one that also would have to leave their post to respond to a bank robbery on the opposite side of town at least, because it’s not practical. Constant Protection duties are all fulfilled by close protection units instead. This is because SWAT teams are essentially the last line of defence before the military are forced to show up and make it a war, in not just the United States but virtually every country with SWAT teams this is the case.

The only time SWAT guard politicians is for protection details,typically in the event of actual threats being made, or during very high profile meetings or events where multiple dignitaries are meeting.
I feel like I'm Gucci Mane in 2006
We've had plenty of suggestions for this in the past, they've always been denied as it just won't work. SWAT are able to guard the president, they're sorta secret service and actual SWAT merged into one. The reason for this is that too many player slots as is are taken up by government roles as is and the server simply doesn't have the playerbase to maintain them all. Sure we can add more jobs, however if those jobs will always be empty or hardly ever have anyone in them then there just isn't a point. Guarding the president can also be extremely boring, which is why SWAT have both the flexibility to respond to calls and guard to make it more fun.

It may not be realistic but this is just for gameplay reasons. If we had a seperate role there would be way too many gov roles and the portion of the server that is a gov role would be too high. It's the same reason why jailguard wasn't made into a seperate job, rather it's a sub-role of police (via the /jailguard command). The president can always hire people with custom job titles to be guards too and give them red passes if they really want dedicated guards, which makes a job even more pointless.

If anyone has any good ideas I'm more than happy to hear them, but right now there is little reason to approve this especially considering how well it has been discussed in the past.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-24-2022, 04:07 AM)B33n Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 11:35 PM)Jakey Wrote:

-snip-
Problem is you’re thinking like this is real life, it is not and the rules will mention about presidency and protection. For example in your point about the president being alone with a chauffeur, that would be a breach in the rules. The server is semi-serious I understand you’d like to see more protection for the president but at the moment I don’t believe Fearless has enough players to even have another government job. Especially with the lack of government players already.
The following 1 user Likes Jakey's post:
  • B33n
+ Support

Limelight deja vu.
The following 1 user Likes Enclave's post:
  • B33n
Negative community support, yet more jobs does not make sense given current playercount.

Denied.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork