Server down time?
I dont get it, why have the servers been down this morning?

Can anyone answer me, or am i to assume that i wasted 10$ on donator status?
They go down every now and then.. they usually come back up soon, but there is no way to tell. I think it is the DDoS stuff, but I am not sure. And yeah, I have donated, too, I don't really mind, as long as it does not last all day...
The server has hardware problems, we might get a new host (again) because this is getting ridicilous.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 1 user Likes SoulRipper's post:
  • ForceGhost
Lol, im guessing you got your hands tied soul, why is this happening more than usual? i remember the old days in fl where the server crashed roughly once a day and lasting about 30 seconds, Ye i know its a big system on the hosts hands but surely they should be able to handle the memory?

I dont care about my donator as long as its there to help the community Wink
Donating is not for advantages etc you dont "waste" your money, the hole point of donating is to support the community and help at your own risk if people didnt donate and the servers crashed then how would the team recover and repair the situation??? remember, Donating is not for an advantage or a perk its for helping the community
[Image: headster-fade-1.gif]
Server Hours: 450
RP Points: 9

The following 3 users Like Headster's post:
  • PiqueRoz, Sir McSquiggles, Insanity
(02-14-2012, 05:13 PM)Headster Wrote: Lol, im guessing you got your hands tied soul, why is this happening more than usual? i remember the old days in fl where the server crashed roughly once a day and lasting about 30 seconds,
I am not sure about this
and i dont approve it at all

But i heard that 2 FL servers (v2d and v33x) are being hosted on ONE computer which makes it increfibly unstable

P.S. dont blame or anything i just heard it

*Off Topic*
How long it usually takes to host a new server?
hmm i doubt that both servers are running on one dedi, it will make it more unstable though :/

(02-14-2012, 05:37 PM)Donut1052 Wrote:
(02-14-2012, 05:13 PM)Headster Wrote: Lol, im guessing you got your hands tied soul, why is this happening more than usual? i remember the old days in fl where the server crashed roughly once a day and lasting about 30 seconds,
I am not sure about this
and i dont approve it at all

But i heard that 2 FL servers (v2d and v33x) are being hosted on ONE computer which makes it increfibly unstable

P.S. dont blame or anything i just heard it

they are but the machine is more then strong enough to handle them, heres what would happen if they had separate machines:

first the main reason they share one is for easy access and management, another good reason is for the DB to stay in sync with each other.

the servers both use the same DB to pull your character info so that if you go from v33 to v2d you still have your inventory. if they were hosted separately the db would need to be remote connected to by one of the servers if they wanted it to stay in sync and this could cause untold amounts of problems if the DB does not respond in time.

if they separated the DB's people would not be able to take stuff that they got on v33 over to v2d and vice versa and this would cause some problems for people who travel between both.

and finally its to help keep the ban system working right, if someone is banned by an admin on v2d, if will throw them off v33 because the database will flag them as banned , thus making the ban system easy to use and extremely versatile.

also saying running saying running 2 servers 1 machine is bad. then you might wanna go look at what these GSP's are doing

edit: Ur disregard this, i have made the wrong assumption here but at the same time this is still partially true

While you may not wear my teams color, we still bear the same dogtags, for we are the underdogs.
The following 1 user Likes Nadrick's post:
  • Sir McSquiggles
Nadrick you know it all XD

Nadrick i am surprised why you are not one of programmers in FL team :/

When server requires a new hosting, how long it usually takes? say 3-5 days?
(02-14-2012, 06:16 PM)Donut1052 Wrote: Nadrick i am surprised why you are not one of programmers in FL team :/

When server requires a new hosting, how long it usually takes? say 3-5 days?

lol im smart with servers as i have a background with them lol, but my Lua skill is no where near temars all i do is give input and thoughts on how to make things work as while i may not be good with Lua(yet Tounge) im a c++ dev and can understand Lua pretty well still :/

a server migration actually would take about 2 days IF the hosting company got the new dedi activated in-time, after that its just getting all dns updated the gamemode moved and tested and the db online

While you may not wear my teams color, we still bear the same dogtags, for we are the underdogs.