A good recording program
Hey hey. Right, I have a problem. I'm really tired of people doing what they want and breaking the rules. Therefore, I need a good recording program.

I've tried Fraps, it only records for so long. I've tried WeeGame, but for some reason it's being a bitch and refuses to work.

So, I need one that really won't create a huge ass file otherwise I'll be uploading for ages, one that records for a decent amount of time, and if possible that it's an "All right" quality, at least that you can see the text being written and that. Would be good if you could alter the quality higher-lower.

Any suggestions? Thank's Smile
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
Yeah, I could use a good recording program, as well. When I was playing last night, there was a TON of rdm. But I could not get any screenshots when they were on me.
Same thing, screenshot's just ain't enough, plus you can't really prove things.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
Just use Fraps and render it right.

Spoiler :
Guys, don't tell me you bought Fraps. I know that you're lying! ;P

When you're using Fraps on HALF SIZE it will create small files. (well, if you think 1 gb is much, you lost.)
When rendering the files (movie maker is the best way because of the small files) the recorded game content size doesn't matter really. You can delete it after rendering.
You suck.
The following 1 user Likes Saget's post:
  • Sir McSquiggles
(02-13-2012, 07:07 PM)TheGamer350 Wrote: Guys, don't tell me you bought Fraps. I know that you're lying! ;P

*Poker face*
The following 1 user Likes Dr Tomorrow's post:
  • Sir McSquiggles
Type this in console

Record *insert video name*

It will create a .dem file in your root garrysmod folder which can then be uploaded to mediafile and shared on a ban request. Long videos are rarely over 1mb

Now you can get Fraps but that creates big videos occasionally gigabytes for a two minute video.
You also would have to upload to YouTube and that takes a long time.

If you want to review demo's, type this in console

Play *demoname*
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • edgie
if you use fraps, you should convert the video to avi so its size goes from 1gb to like 3-10 mb

While you may not wear my teams color, we still bear the same dogtags, for we are the underdogs.
But fraps only let's you record for 30 seconds, right?
Fraps let's you record for unlimited time. You must be doing something wrong
(02-15-2012, 12:45 AM)Nevinator8 Wrote: Fraps let's you record for unlimited time. You must be doing something wrong

I think you press F9 to start recording movie.
(02-14-2012, 11:43 PM)Holdem Wrote: But fraps only let's you record for 30 seconds, right?

If you have the demo.