The Virus
(02-23-2021, 06:25 PM)Strange Neo Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 11:56 PM)Ranger Wrote: Its the exact opposite for me, as a young person who went quite a lot before COVID it ended up with me being in a pretty dark place on terms of substance and alcohol abuse. The lockdown gave me an opportunity to clean myself up, I've slowed down on drinking quite heavily and have basically been drug free since August last year. Got a job and moved out of my parents house to live independently.

Of course I'm looking forward to going out again, but ultimately this lockdown ending will lead to mentally ill people not dealing with their situation in a good way in my opinion.

The lockdown has just effected me better than it did to most people I guess.

I use this opportunity to drink and enjoy things that I haven't considered before. I'm happy to see that you used this to get away from really dark things like drugs and high alcohol abuse. However, the lockdown made me do things I never did before. Before, I used to go out with friends and appreciate other things (sports together, meet new friends, watch cool new movies in the cinema and so on). I also started smoking, which I regret ever doing and never considered or even thought about doing pre-lockdown. Life of many people changed and made it become harder.

Smoking's a tough one to kick, I still haven't managed to completely quit for a good 4-5 years now. But when you're ready to start thinking about quitting, an app that helped me was Quit Genius. It displays how long since you had your last cigarette, and also adds up the money/life you've gotten yourself since quitting. For me seeing that information helped quite a lot to cut from 10-20 cigarettes a day to 4-5 a week.
The following 1 user Likes Ranger's post:
  • Strange Neo
(02-22-2021, 11:56 PM)Ranger Wrote: Its the exact opposite for me, as a young person who went quite a lot before COVID it ended up with me being in a pretty dark place on terms of substance and alcohol abuse. The lockdown gave me an opportunity to clean myself up, I've slowed down on drinking quite heavily and have basically been drug free since August last year. Got a job and moved out of my parents house to live independently.

Of course I'm looking forward to going out again, but ultimately this lockdown ending will lead to mentally ill people not dealing with their situation in a good way in my opinion.

I use this opportunity to drink and enjoy things that I haven't considered before. I'm happy to see that you used this to get away from really dark things like drugs and high alcohol abuse. However, the lockdown made me do things I never did before. Before, I used to go out with friends and appreciate other things (sports together, meet new friends, watch cool new movies in the cinema and so on). I also started smoking, which I regret ever doing and never considered or even thought about doing pre-lockdown. Life of many people changed and made it become harder.

Yeah, stress (aka lockdown in this case) is a classic trigger of unhealthy coping mechanisms like high alcohol consumption, smoking, gambling, sex addiction, etc. It's the rat in a cage vs rat park experiment, just for humans. I find that these "signs" are easy ways to become aware of when you're being externally stressed, and thus it can be useful as a gauge. Thankfully for most people the craving for these things cease once the stress is alleviated.
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
The following 1 user Likes gin's post:
  • Strange Neo
been wanking so much to the point where I'm struggling to get out of bed because my legs hurt. i thought blue balls was a joke, they've been blue for 3 days now and I'm scared. my cum has also turned blue.... and I cant stop. any advice? thanks guys
The following 1 user Likes god's post:
  • Eclipze
(02-23-2021, 10:32 PM)Ranger Wrote:

Smoking's a tough one to kick, I still haven't managed to completely quit for a good 4-5 years now. But when you're ready to start thinking about quitting, an app that helped me was Quit Genius. It displays how long since you had your last cigarette, and also adds up the money/life you've gotten yourself since quitting. For me seeing that information helped quite a lot to cut from 10-20 cigarettes a day to 4-5 a week.

Yeah thanks for the nice tip. At the moment, the main issue I have is the addiction is taking hold of me. I got myself into a lot of trouble because of that especially in school (we have a policy that prohibits us to smoke at the school grounds as well as the area around it, kinda stupid the latter.) This made me consider stopping so many times even to a point I managed to stop for a week then ruining all my progress because I was heavily drunk and lost control again. I'm not someone who smokes a lot but still not something I'm proud of.