Poll: How should the weapons be handled?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Leave the new weapons how they are.
33.33%
4 33.33%
Rework the new weapons and keep attachments.
25.00%
3 25.00%
Rework the new weapons but remove the attachments.
0%
0 0%
Fully restore old weapons.
41.67%
5 41.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Compromise on the new weapons?
There is a clear split in he community on the weapons, and while it is heavily lopsided on the side of going to the old weapons, it's clear the devs don't want to just flip the switch back. It makes sense, these new weapons look more detailed and have attachments and other cool features that make them overall nicer to look at and listen to. But the problem is the stats. The time to kill is way too high, you can down someone in 2-3 shots if they aren't wearing Kevlar. And even with Kevlar the time to kill on nearly every single weapon is still less that a second. The old guns did low damage which meant fights lasted longer and required more skill in order to hit more shots, manage recoil and track your opponents. With these new weapons you could be incredibly skilled but someone with barely any skill or experience could just kill you due to a lucky shot or being in the right place at the right time. Fast times to kill are good in other shooters, but in a game where when you die you have a 10 minute NLR timer and roleplay is encouraged, slow time to kill means more time to react to things in a roleplay sense, and more fair and drawn out fights so the NLR timer doesn't feel as much as a slap in the face as it does when someone just shoots you with just three bullets out of thirty in a full auto weapon and you drop dead.

So with that out of the way the thing that I suggest is for the new weapons to be reworked to match the old stats exactly as they were. For weapons like the AK47 the new one would get the old AK's stats, but for the other guns that aren't shared between systems then it would be paired with a weapon that was similar enough to the original weapon. If there are more weapons in this new system, then the stats should be very similar to the other reworked weapons. Attachments could be left as they are, I'm sure it could be tweaked if any attachment or set of attachments becomes a problem.

If that requires testing then I'd be willing to go in and help test the old weapons extensively and I'm sure some other people would too. I will include a poll so devs can see exactly what people's opinions are on the discussion.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:62554702&b=8]
People are overestimating how long it took to kill with the old guns, if the server was fine you'd be able to kill someone quite quickly as shown in the "DayZ Event" which had old guns. The only thing I see that needs to be changed is headshot damage, as the issue right now is that every gun can kill within two headshots.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
The time to kill on old weapons allowed counter play, whilst also rewarding good aim by being able to take someone down incredibly quickly. The weapons are one of the main reasons I simply don't enjoy playing on the server anymore
The following 3 users Like Ranger's post:
  • Panda, Falc, Self
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=97240

enough said. the decision is up to divey pollux
(02-18-2021, 01:06 AM)Pollux Wrote: People are overestimating how long it took to kill with the old guns, if the server was fine you'd be able to kill someone quite quickly as shown in the "DayZ Event" which had old guns. The only thing I see that needs to be changed is headshot damage, as the issue right now is that every gun can kill within two headshots.
I mean, an AR-15 does 40 damage meaning in 3 shots it will total 120 damage, killing anyone without kevlar. And with Kevlar that bumps up to 6 shots which is better. But the gun fires at 900 RPM, meaning it fires 15 rounds in a single second. You can open fire for 2 seconds and in that 2 seconds you only need to have an accuracy of 20% to get a kill on someone with Kevlar. I don't think 2 headshots to get a kill is really the issue when you only need 3 to the chest anyways.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:62554702&b=8]
(02-18-2021, 09:11 PM)Rutobia Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 01:06 AM)Pollux Wrote: People are overestimating how long it took to kill with the old guns, if the server was fine you'd be able to kill someone quite quickly as shown in the "DayZ Event" which had old guns. The only thing I see that needs to be changed is headshot damage, as the issue right now is that every gun can kill within two headshots.
I mean, an AR-15 does 40 damage meaning in 3 shots it will total 120 damage, killing anyone without kevlar. And with Kevlar that bumps up to 6 shots which is better. But the gun fires at 900 RPM, meaning it fires 15 rounds in a single second. You can open fire for 2 seconds and in that 2 seconds you only need to have an accuracy of 20% to get a kill on someone with Kevlar. I don't think 2 headshots to get a kill is really the issue when you only need 3 to the chest anyways.

It would be seven shots to kill to the chest with kevlar, as kevlar gives you an additional 150 hitpoints not 100. I think the amount of shots are fine just rate of fire and headshot damage could be decreased.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Stop making these threads.

Closed

-Removed by Steven8ken