Character Introduction System
I’m not too keen if I’m honest.

Over the years this has been wanted but as Zecon said, it’s a little too much for Semi-Serious.

I don’t see what was wrong with the system anyway in order to need an overhaul, wasn’t broken and had worked for many years with little to no complaints.

Also hiding the kills & deaths, after recent uproars from aggressive role players, you kick em down that tad bit more? You know this will annoy them and I’m not saying that’s why you’ve done it, but it sure looks suspect.

Good job with the update nonetheless.
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Eclipze
(01-22-2021, 05:53 PM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 05:41 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 05:39 PM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote: And THIS is the issue when you let developers make their own updates.

No-one wanted OR requested this. What makes FL, FL is the semi-serious. Being able to see who people are, what your K/D is, job titles.

You've removed all of that. What a fucking joke lmao, Divey you REALLY know how to run a server lmao. 10/10. FYI, Limelight went down this 'more serious' route. Look where that took them. Keep it up, you're really trying to speedrun killing your server.

This is one of the most requested updates, just because you don't want it doesn't mean everyone doesn't. Stop bickering 24/7 because things don't go your way.

Show me the suggestion.

What makes FL, FL is the semi-serious nature. This is the only reason people stay and enjoy playing. You're removing that from FL and making FL.

Honestly, you guys make the STUPIDEST updates you can think of. You change shit you have no right in changing and the sad part is Divey is so AFK he doesn't even know whats going on. To be honest, even if he wasn't AFK I don't think he'd care.

If you could get away with removing all assault rifles from FL and only have pistols/snipers I bet you would because you only care about what you want and not the community.

Complete joke.

So let us look at all the suggestions/discussions about this or similar things shall we?

We got hiding job names:
https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=95312
https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=95345

We got introductions, which this was based on:
https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=95324

The survey also had an option for this:
[Image: raw]

It's almost like what you personally believe isn't the view of the majority, this update went through the same process as any and was approved for development because of the ton of community support for something like this. Your pointless bickering all the time is really getting boring at this point, just do us all a favour and stop already. It's a gmod server, no one is forcing you to stay here.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-22-2021, 05:53 PM)Falc Wrote: I’m not too keen if I’m honest.

Over the years this has been wanted but as Zecon said, it’s a little too much for Semi-Serious.

I don’t see what was wrong with the system anyway in order to need an overhaul, wasn’t broken and had worked for many years with little to no complaints.

Also hiding the kills & deaths, after recent uproars from aggressive role players, you kick em down that tad bit more? You know this will annoy them and I’m not saying that’s why you’ve done it, but it sure looks suspect.

Good job with the update nonetheless.

I'd say that this is a semi-serious feature as it completely deletes the ability to metagame which was a huge problem on FL. Literally hours before this, I was wearing a cop uniform and someone comes over and asks me to show my ID. Which obviously would not have been done if I were doing the same thing but were an actual cop. Undercover roleplay has improved massively as the person will not fully be sure if you are a cop or not as they wont see your job.

Kills/deaths will be readded in a future update in a different aspect that will give people an incentive to create an organisation as you will be able to view the K/D of your org and others. (maybe of people within them too)
The following 1 user Likes Luna's post:
  • Ludo
What about the president and VP, surely everyone would already know who they are?
(01-22-2021, 06:15 PM)Slaint Wrote: What about the president and VP, surely everyone would already know who they are?

Yep, they are recognised to everyone and visible on the scoreboard.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I always thought something LIKE this should be put in place, but this all seems a little excessive. I’m just imagining the pain it would be in out of character situations like admin sits where the admin isn’t going to have a scooby who they’re talking to because they can’t see their information.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
(01-22-2021, 06:32 PM)Panda Wrote: I always thought something LIKE this should be put in place, but this all seems a little excessive. I’m just imagining the pain it would be in out of character situations like admin sits where the admin isn’t going to have a scooby who they’re talking to because they can’t see their information.

They can see them in noclip
(01-22-2021, 06:33 PM)Arny Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 06:32 PM)Panda Wrote: I always thought something LIKE this should be put in place, but this all seems a little excessive. I’m just imagining the pain it would be in out of character situations like admin sits where the admin isn’t going to have a scooby who they’re talking to because they can’t see their information.

That would be such a nuisance having to no clip every time, after all it is a test
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
(01-22-2021, 06:35 PM)Panda Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 06:33 PM)Arny Wrote:

That would be such a nuisance having to no clip every time, after all it is a test

There is a plan to add a command which will let admins see everyones OOC name, we're being very careful with the admin side of things to make sure it's not a pain for them.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-22-2021, 05:39 PM)Jimmy the Jew Wrote: And THIS is the issue when you let developers make their own updates.

No-one wanted OR requested this. What makes FL, FL is the semi-serious. Being able to see who people are, what your K/D is, job titles.

You've removed all of that. What a fucking joke lmao, Divey you REALLY know how to run a server lmao. 10/10. FYI, Limelight went down this 'more serious' route. Look where that took them. Keep it up, you're really trying to speedrun killing your server.

Updates like these were the first steps another community took. Now that community literally has 0 players on a daily basis.

Not bashing king stone or those involved for their work, they probably work really hard and I will show appreciation towards their dedication.
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
The following 3 users Like Eclipze's post:
  • gin, Jimmy The, Molyneux481