Poll: kev
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bring back old system
53.52%
38 53.52%
Keep current system
9.86%
7 9.86%
Modify current system
36.62%
26 36.62%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[VOTE] KEVLAR
With the feedback given on the latest thread, I thought it was a good choice to have a poll about the current kevlar system. 

There was one done about the weapons, so hopefully, we can expect them to be reverted ASAP as it's clear what the community wants. 

There are three options: 

Back to the old system (This means you apply it once, 50% damage reduction). 

Keep currently (So you apply kevlar, which when destroyed you have to then wait 10 seconds to put another on which you cannot sprint when applying). 

Modify current system (Modify what is currently on the server)

I'm personally voting to go back to the old system. As previously mentioned, who asked for this? It completely ruins the fast-paced action, as you take 2 bullets and have to apply a new kevlar. This means you go through kevlar very quickly, which to fix you have to mine. No one wants to hit rocks... which feels like forever to just get 5 kevlar back. You go through loads of kevlar (if you don't die in 2 seconds). It's a horrible system overall. 

Comment below why you have voted as it will be interesting to see different opinions on this Kevlar which bury in mind Pollux did not test apparently when releasing it live to the server.
I mean this new system has been a joke, imagine changing something which has been perfectly optimised for nearly 8 years now.
The following 5 users Like JoshZ's post:
  • EAGLE:), Blaz, rino, ooc trashtalker, Rutobia
If you think to modify drop suggestions on how you'd do it
I'm definitely open for improvement. I think removing the new system all-together is kind of hasty - I am sure there are ways to keep a new system while still satisfying people wanting to completely revert.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(01-20-2021, 08:59 PM)Haarek Wrote: I'm definitely open for improvement. I think removing the new system all-together is kind of hasty - I am sure there are ways to keep a new system while still satisfying people wanting to completely revert.

do you have suggestions because I can't think of anything better than reverting it. Simple, works fine and just no reason to change it.
I really don't understand why it was changed, Maybe someone has an idea on how to improve the new system but the old system worked fine.
Fearless Veteran 8^)
The following 1 user Likes Steven8ken's post:
  • Blaz
they gotta change it back to the old kevlars but also make them drop like they do now.
[Image: gn3iiwj]
The following 1 user Likes Julern's post:
  • Blaz
(01-21-2021, 08:46 AM)Julern Wrote: they gotta change it back to the old kevlars but also make them drop like they do now.

Yeah maybe switch it back to apply it once 50% damage. But once died they drop, so you can still mine for scrap metal to fix unused kevlar. This way people won't be bored of constantly mining because they are shredding through kevlar. This will create better gameplay and also provide an incentive to mine.
The whole fact that kevlar vests are so directly attached to mining is silly to me, it should just be a consumable item and you can just buy new ones from the BMD.

Why would you prefer to promote people to gather their own materials looking at rocks with no stimulation for player interaction over buying the items from a merchant job, which sole purpose is to interact with players?
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Haarek
(01-21-2021, 09:23 AM)Yonno Wrote: The whole fact that kevlar vests are so directly attached to mining is silly to me, it should just be a consumable item and you can just buy new ones from the BMD.

Why would you prefer to promote people to gather their own materials looking at rocks with no stimulation for player interaction over buying the items from a merchant job, which sole purpose is to interact with players?

I agree I think it should be completely reverted back to how it was, but if people want kevlar to drop so they can get used to kevlar, this will save players money and also create an incentive to mine but also works as another reward for killing another player.
The following 1 user Likes god's post:
  • Blaz