Donation possible refund
Im starting to think this donater was a waste so if the server doesnt get up by the end of the night im western time time im thinking of undoing the transaction to get my money back
(02-11-2012, 04:29 AM)frodo1425 Wrote: Im starting to think this donater was a waste so if the server doesnt get up by the end of the night im western time time im thinking of undoing the transaction to get my money back
It takes money to keep servers running and protected. Taking away the groups money by getting a refund would actually be making it worse Sad.
Respectfully,

Hooter
(02-11-2012, 04:36 AM)Hooter++ Wrote:
(02-11-2012, 04:29 AM)frodo1425 Wrote: Im starting to think this donater was a waste so if the server doesnt get up by the end of the night im western time time im thinking of undoing the transaction to get my money back
It takes money to keep servers running and protected. Taking away the groups money by getting a refund would actually be making it worse Sad.

Well we pay for the server to play on it. Anyway people have donated 1000s$ of dollars to the server
(02-11-2012, 04:50 AM)frodo1425 Wrote:
(02-11-2012, 04:36 AM)Hooter++ Wrote:

Well we pay for the server to play on it. Anyway people have donated 1000s$ of dollars to the server
No, you donate to... Well, DONATE. Look up the definition of donate/donation. You're giving money to the server because you enjoy it and would like to support it.
(02-11-2012, 04:50 AM)frodo1425 Wrote: Well we pay for the server to play on it. Anyway people have donated 1000s$ of dollars to the server

Sorry but, you are not paying for the server to play on.

Quote:Donation is the act by which the owner of a thing voluntarily transfers the title and possession of the same from himself to another person, without any consideration; a gift. A donation is never perfected until it is has been accepted, for the acceptance is requisite to make the donation complete.

We don't need to give a donation back unless there was a contract specifying that the circumstances when the donation would be refunded, which is not the case. Still we are refunding donators by giving them the days of the downtime back to them, just recently Soul gave out a 2 week refund.

I don't want to sound rude but legally you can't get your donation back, it is a gift to us to support the community. What we do, to show that we are thankful for those donations is giving you special privileges on the server. You received those privileges, you are even getting refunded, which would not even be our duty.

Dare to think!
(02-11-2012, 05:37 AM)Nudelholz Wrote:
(02-11-2012, 04:50 AM)frodo1425 Wrote: Well we pay for the server to play on it. Anyway people have donated 1000s$ of dollars to the server

Sorry but, you are not paying for the server to play on.

Quote:Donation is the act by which the owner of a thing voluntarily transfers the title and possession of the same from himself to another person, without any consideration; a gift. A donation is never perfected until it is has been accepted, for the acceptance is requisite to make the donation complete.

We don't need to give a donation back unless there was a contract specifying that the circumstances when the donation would be refunded, which is not the case. Still we are refunding donators by giving them the days of the downtime back to them, just recently Soul gave out a 2 week refund.

I don't want to sound rude but legally you can't get your donation back, it is a gift to us to support the community. What we do, to show that we are thankful for those donations is giving you special privileges on the server. You received those privileges, you are even getting refunded, which would not even be our duty.

I still have 89 days left Tounge
The thing is, the way it is set up just makes it seem like you are BUYING stuff. Even if it is not true, the fact you can buy money in-game seems like you are. I guess if it is a good way to get donations, keep it going.
(02-11-2012, 05:46 AM)TwilightSparkle Wrote: The thing is, the way it is set up just makes it seem like you are BUYING stuff. Even if it is not true, the fact you can buy money in-game seems like you are. I guess if it is a good way to get donations, keep it going.

more like your donating and to say thanks, they give you some cash.

its like if you donate blood, and they give you a coffee mug as a way fo saying thanks

While you may not wear my teams color, we still bear the same dogtags, for we are the underdogs.