Small AggRP & Misc Updates
[Image: raw]

Hello everyone,

This update started as a few small aggRP changes but turned into a collection of a bunch of random stuff, which is why it may seem like a bit of a mess. I'll go over the main stuff in detail then bulletpoint the random stuff added alongside this. Most of it will be text, there aren't many visual things I can show off.

[Image: heading_kevlar.png]

I've changed how kevlar works, instead of halving damage (which didn't even work half the time) I've made it into a second health bar which uses the default HL2 armor system.

[Image: raw]

The armor bar will deplete before you take any major health damage, this should work almost the same as the old system in terms of total health but should be way less buggy.

As it now has a durability of sorts, kevlar can now break. If you armor bar is less than 50 after you take it off you'll obtain a broken kevlar vest, this can be repaired for the cost of ten scrap metal (may change depending on how easy/hard/annoying this is). You will also drop a broken kevlar vest on death if you were wearing one. To replenish your armor bar, you can take your vest off (giving you a broken one) and put a new one on. There are timers added to each action to prevent it from being spammed, which will require you to remain still for 10 seconds.

Government obtain a full kevlar vest upon purchasing weapons from the arms locker or by using /resupply on a government vehicle, they cannot take this vest off for obvious reasons however it will still drop on death like their weapons.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, kevlar can now be searched for and will set off metal detectors.

[Image: heading_weapons.png]

I've made a few minor adjustments to some weapons which were either way too underpowered or way too overpowered. The majority of weapons have been left untouched and will instead be altered depending on your feedback which you can leave here: https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=97228. You can find more information about the changes there.

With hitreg there isn't really much I can show off with it, we're trialing a different system which I tested with the BETA testing team all the way back in January. It should perform well especially when the tickrate starts to suffer.

Concerns were raised with the government often losing significantly more money than they gain, this has been resolved by reducing prices of weapons for cops and SWAT. Police also now gain a 30 round mag attachment for the MP5 for free and SWAT gain all attachments for free.

I've fixed the penetration of the guns, with some props now being hard coded as bulletproof. These props include the metal plates, sandbags and a few others. This list may increase as more props are identified.

[Image: heading_misc.png]

Here's the list of random changes I was talking about at the start:
  • Changed prop protection to gProtect (use /buddies to add/remove people now)
  • Removed FLAMS due to change above
  • Changed how the gamemode processes damage & reduced serverside strain when players take damage
  • Fixed server networking config
  • SWAT loadout changes - AR15 + free attachments
  • Police loadout changes - MP5 30 round mag free
  • Health/Armor/Food bar animations
  • Minor serverside optimisation with generic plugin changes
  • Spikestrips automatically remove after five minutes
  • Rocks are now no-collided and automatically remove after five minutes
  • The SWAT van no longer continuously blows up
  • Added new timers across the gamemode for stuff such as kevlar and clothing
  • Fixed players inside a SWAT van taking bullet damage
  • Added a word filter to global chats to clamp down on toxicity
  • Inventory & Store now sorts alphabetically, items inside sort by price
  • Fixed penetration of CW weapons

[Image: w0JAKMI.png]

Pollux - Creating the update
Tomo - Helping with weapon balancing
@Arny - Testing
TASSIA - Timer framework
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Good work fellas, keep it up. I look forward to whatever you all may have in store next.
yayayay

Also i dont like the idea of the kevlar. I prefer the old system if it got fixed.

(12-08-2020, 10:37 PM)Mr. Mackey Wrote: Who asked for this kevlar update just sounds annoying having to switch it out in gunfights
Super Developer soon?
Who asked for this kevlar update just sounds annoying having to switch it out in gunfights
The following 5 users Like god's post:
  • EAGLE:), Slaint, Jimmy The, GeoxAreBad, Julern
So you've buffed goverment again?
nice update
Kind Regards,
TASSIA
Fearless Developer
Why add this new Kevlar imo it sounds shit and gonna ruin gameplay which is bad as it is like was there a suggestion or something ? Why not just fix it so it does the 50% damage instead
How are people going to spray down corridors with the VSS now?