Zona
Steam Name: Zona

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:111437847

BlacklistID(s): 108420

Blacklist Reason
Blatantly abusing the ASP baton - Violence should always be the last option - You should know better.

Staff Member: Haarek

Involved users
Strike10 (Can't remember the other guys)

Why should you be unblacklisted?
I've been blacklisted for rule; 3.1a Violence should always be the last option.
This was the situation due to the use of the baton;

A player came over to me and confessed that he had killed someone. There were several police officers at sight and I believe there were 4 people in total at the scene. We were then attempted to be put into handcuffs which resulted in him running away. We decided to take out our batons and tasers in order to stop the suspect, but this didn't help in order to get the suspect to stop moving.

We continuously kept moving further and further and after he once raised up again I had the baton as my tool in order to knock him out as he kept moving further and further. Unfortunately, when I tried to aim for the head in order to knock him out, the baton accidentally managed to kill the suspect instead.

We went "Oooo that was not good" followed by being dragged up to the roof by an administrator.

I fully agree with you Hareek that violence should be the last option, but as you see in today's police forces; also in Norway - the baton is being used when people fail to follow orders. 

I would fully agree with you and the punishment if I withdrew a gun and shot the suspect in order to kill him intentionally, however, that was not the case in this situation. The suspect had killed someone earlier and failed to follow orders.

When we also talk about accidents as a government official; I do not believe a punishment would be handed out if I accidentally managed to kill someone in a shoot out. I am confident that the situation will be sorted out nicely in-game and IC. 

We used the least lethal tools we had available at that time which were tasers and batons and as we normally say in these situations; I believe a situation where a police officer accidentally managed to kill a suspect with his least lethal tools - it should be taken IC and maybe even to the courthouse if we would like to roleplay out the scenario.

I hope we can agree on those terms, and I'm thrilled to hear your reply! Smile
[Image: clvck9d.png]
Hey Zona,

"Unfortunately, when I tried to aim for the head in order to knock him out, the baton accidentally managed to kill the suspect instead."

You killed the "suspect" because you had hit him with the ASP baton so many times his health was on 10%. I was there watching the whole ordeal from the first moment you interacted with the person you killed. You hit him several times when he was standing completely still surrounded by officers in two different locations. 

There is no excuse for a person with 1500 hours and 18 roleplay points to be going around blatantly and repeatedly striking people detained by officers; killing him. Then later justifying it on the forums with "unfortunately" and "accidentally"; no - this was blatant failRP and if I knew this was your justification I would have also revoked an RP point from you. 

I hope you start showing that you are an experienced member, because frankly your conduct yesterday did not reflect it. We both know how many times I had you on the roof yesterday and this situation was the final straw.

Best regards,
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(11-30-2020, 12:32 PM)Haarek Wrote: Hey Zona,

"Unfortunately, when I tried to aim for the head in order to knock him out, the baton accidentally managed to kill the suspect instead."

You killed the "suspect" because you had hit him with the ASP baton so many times his health was on 10%. I was there watching the whole ordeal from the first moment you interacted with the person you killed. You hit him several times when he was standing completely still surrounded by officers in two different locations. 

There is no excuse for a person with 1500 hours and 18 roleplay points to be going around blatantly and repeatedly striking people detained by officers; killing him. Then later justifying it on the forums with "unfortunately" and "accidentally"; no - this was blatant failRP and if I knew this was your justification I would have also revoked an RP point from you. 

I hope you start showing that you are an experienced member, because frankly your conduct yesterday did not reflect it. We both know how many times I had you on the roof yesterday and this situation was the final straw.

Best regards,

Greetings Hareek,

Thank you for the quick response!

We have to be realistic in this case and we have to be honest with ourselves. The suspect did not stop and kept moving constantly. It was in the act when I managed to kill the suspect when he was completely surrounded by bystanders and fellow police officers.

I believe once again in a situation like this that we did use the least lethal weapons which you fail to respond to. We did initially use both tasers and batons in order to make the suspect stop for the serious murder he did commit. He was a criminal and failed to follow our orders several times. The baton is there for its use, and unfortunately, this managed to kill him which was not intentionally.

This scene would have been dealt with In-Character just like any other roleplay situations. This could have lead into another In-Character punishment like jail time or demotion. 

Once again; I would fully agree with the punishment IF I withdrew a weapon and killed him intentionally. However, that was not the case. Why would I kill intentionally in that situation?

I also believe it is unfair to bring up any other irrelevant situations which happened on that server at 3 am in the morning local time. Those were dealt with and concluded there at that time and hasn't been used in the blacklist reason and that's the reason why we are here. 

Hope to hear your reply! Smile
[Image: clvck9d.png]
Quote:"We have to be realistic in this case and we have to be honest with ourselves. The suspect did not stop and kept moving constantly. It was in the act when I managed to kill the suspect when he was completely surrounded by bystanders and fellow police officers."

If the person doesn't stop moving taze him, cuff him, drag him or call an admin if he is under gunpoint. You were the only person there persisting to hit him with the ASP baton when he was completely surrounded by officers. You killed him because you repeatedly hit him and you know the baton does damage. 

Quote:I believe once again in a situation like this that we did use the least lethal weapons which you fail to respond to. We did initially use both tasers and batons in order to make the suspect stop for the serious murder he did commit. He was a criminal and failed to follow our orders several times. The baton is there for its use, and unfortunately, this managed to kill him which was not intentionally.

Other officers on the scene used tazers and cuffs, again, your the only person there persisting to hit him with the ASP baton until he died. That means you must've hit him at least 10 times in a short time period. I was there witnessing the whole event and it was blatant failRP and mingery. 

Quote:This scene would have been dealt with In-Character just like any other roleplay situations. This could have lead into another In-Character punishment like jail time or demotion. 

I decided to take you out of your "RP" because it was blatant failRP and not proper conduct, especially from a player with so many RP points and hours.

Quote:Once again; I would fully agree with the punishment IF I withdrew a weapon and killed him intentionally. However, that was not the case. Why would I kill intentionally in that situation?

You killed him because you hit him with the ASP baton several times for no reason/insufficient reason when he was standing completely still. If you can't fathom the ASP killing someone after repeatedly hitting someone that many times after 1500 hours I seriously worry for your future prospects in any walk of life.  

Quote:I also believe it is unfair to bring up any other irrelevant situations which happened on that server at 3 am in the morning local time. Those were dealt with and concluded there at that time and hasn't been used in the blacklist reason and that's the reason why we are here. 

They are not irrelevant situations because they reflect your behavior and mingey nature during that night. If this was the only case I had with you I would most likely have let it pass with a warning but your persistent mingery made me make the decision to blacklist you. 

To conclude, you have clearly displayed an inability to understand that violence should always be the last option and your persistent and unreasonable baton hitting clearly schisms between failRP and your expected conduct as an experienced member of this community.

If such a situation happens again within the next month I will personally revoke an RP point from you.

Denied. 

regards,
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.