Fearless x Grand Theft Auto
FiveM is shit and you’re limited to 32 slots because you need a license and the people behind fivem are dodgy
The following 2 users Like Luna's post:
  • Pollux, Dimitris
I don't think FiveM would suit the community at all.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(07-16-2020, 07:04 PM)janitor Wrote: FiveM is shit and you’re limited to 32 slots because you need a license and the people behind fivem are dodgy

You can have more then 32 slots if you pay FiveM monthly.

[Image: NkvEySV.png]

I think Garrys mod as a whole is dying. A community cannot run on a dying game. The forums and in-game shows a fairly active player base this i think in part could be well transferred and new fresh community members that are looking for a role play server can find one. I dare say it will take some hefty work but it’s possible and i would say positive for fearless.
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
I love FiveM RP. In my opinion it is not restricted RP wise, only building wise. However I wouldnt give up Gmod for fiveM. Perhaps have both? FiveM Can be as serious (if not more) than GmodSmile but is limited with building, ofcourse
i wouldnt mind both. Imo FL would have some great possibillities to grow, with a fiveM server too, together with some of the suggestions in the “FL is dying” thread. (writen on phone, sorry for mistakes)
The following 1 user Likes Nadrickk's post:
  • Grizzly
(07-16-2020, 09:24 PM)Grizzly Wrote: I think Garrys mod as a whole is dying. A community cannot run on a dying game. The forums and in-game shows a fairly active player base this i think in part could be well transferred and new fresh community members that are looking for a role play server can find one. I dare say it will take some hefty work but it’s possible and i would say positive for fearless.

I would suggest checking charts before making such statements.
The following 1 user Likes Dimitris's post:
  • Grizzly
We've seen a general decline in builds being used on Fearless, there's less qualified builders, and when it comes to the law of attraction (in terms of gmod & FL) it's easier to attract players with guns rather than builders.

This is a current state we're in at the moment, we can not be the same as before, development needs to happen.

Great hearing everyone's thoughts, keep going.
The following 1 user Likes Kevin's post:
  • Grizzly
(07-16-2020, 10:15 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 09:24 PM)Grizzly Wrote: I think Garrys mod as a whole is dying. A community cannot run on a dying game. The forums and in-game shows a fairly active player base this i think in part could be well transferred and new fresh community members that are looking for a role play server can find one. I dare say it will take some hefty work but it’s possible and i would say positive for fearless.

The game has had a steady player base for years. Many games have a steady community. Does that mean they are not dying? I don't think so. Absurd waiting times, poor graphics, toxic communities flood gmod to the brim. It is a game years past its prime, its decaying. It just simply isn't what it once was, so yes you could look at some graphs and see a general trend with a steady(ish) playerbase but in the long run in means very little especially when THIS SPECIFIC server can barely manage 30 people on a weekend.
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
(07-16-2020, 10:54 PM)Grizzly Wrote:

The game has had a steady player base for years. Many games have a steady community. Does that mean they are not dying? I don't think so. Absurd waiting times, poor graphics, toxic communities flood gmod to the brim. It is a game years past its prime, its decaying. It just simply isn't what it once was, so yes you could look at some graphs and see a general trend with a steady(ish) playerbase but in the long run in means very little especially when THIS SPECIFIC server can barely manage 30 people on a weekend.

I disagree, a game "dying" implies that the player base is decreasing which isn't the case with Garry's Mod. I also don't think the game is decaying or anything either as there's constant stream of new things being made for the game by the community. I wouldn't take what is happening to FL and apply it to the entire game because it isn't true.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(07-16-2020, 11:13 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 10:54 PM)Grizzly Wrote:

I disagree, a game "dying" implies that the player base is decreasing which isn't the case with Garry's Mod. I also don't think the game is decaying or anything either as there's constant stream of new things being made for the game by the community. I wouldn't take what is happening to FL and apply it to the entire game because it isn't true.

Before covid-19 lockdown the player base was falling. All games have seen new spikes because of this lockdown. Fair enough that maybe it isn't 'dying' but an old game like gmod with a really old engine like source just isn't competitive in the current gaming landscape especially not online games. Specifically focusing in on FL you see a very different sight. We can barely avg 30 players on weekends. Weekdays show sometimes 15 players in the evenings not really that great. Its just not the prime time for this gamemode anymore, and I personally don't want to see this community die but I do see that happening on FL. Whereas there is GTA rp something hot right now and is closest to the the thing FL is looking for.
Kind Regards,
Grizzly