Damage bugged.
(07-17-2020, 06:02 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 12:41 PM)Kappatalist Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 07:46 AM)Dimitris Wrote: First of all there is nothing bulletproof anymore, you can literally shoot right through everything

Well, that's not really true, is it.

Yes it is, for the metal props you need to add 3 layers in order for bullets not to go through, you can shoot right through cars and event the swat van when someone is taking cover behind them.

So make your base out of something other than metal props.

The thicker PHX props are bulletproof for a start and there's literally hundreds of props after that. Five minutes in build is all you need to work out what's bulletproof and what's not. And I have yet to find a car that I'll take damage through.
Stop using dark theme, nerd.
The following 1 user Likes Kappatalist's post:
  • Haarek
(07-17-2020, 08:50 PM)Kappatalist Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 06:02 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 12:41 PM)Kappatalist Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 07:46 AM)Dimitris Wrote: First of all there is nothing bulletproof anymore, you can literally shoot right through everything

Well, that's not really true, is it.

Yes it is, for the metal props you need to add 3 layers in order for bullets not to go through, you can shoot right through cars and event the swat van when someone is taking cover behind them.

So make your base out of something other than metal props.

The thicker PHX props are bulletproof for a start and there's literally hundreds of props after that. Five minutes in build is all you need to work out what's bulletproof and what's not. And I have yet to find a car that I'll take damage through.

Swat van, every cop car, BMW Aston raptor and the list goes on
There's a lot of bug reports on the same issue but I'm going to post on this one as it's the most active. At first I thought it was just multiple people shooting at you but I'm not too sure anymore.

I spent ages looking into damage issues while I was developer, the conclusion I came to was it isn't due to any item (gun damage or kevlar) but rather the poor performance of the server. The issues only appeared while the server tick rate was below what it should be (it is set to 22, issues mostly occurred if it dropped 4 or so below it). This would also support why I could never replicate the issue on dev servers, as the performance on those were fine due to there not being many players and entities. It would also explain why some people complained of things doing too much damage or sometimes no damage at all, it's just hitreg being terrible due to poor server performance as every bullet needs to also hit on the server. Some bullets would hit more than once while others wouldn't register at all.

A solution could be lowering the tickrate so the server doesn't struggle and fall behind, I do know some big servers use 16 but I didn't ever test this on FL. Another solution that I was working on was moving to a different more client based method for hitreg, it worked very well when I tested it with the beta testers team but I think the project was lost after I resigned and I'm not sure how well it'll work with CW weapons (depends if they're still using the default bullet system or not).

The issue could also be somewhat to do with gun damage but I feel like server performance is playing a bigger part.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(07-17-2020, 02:54 PM)Aragorn Wrote: Here, to all of you smartasses let me give you another example on how fucked the guns are.
i don't know but i don't really think my guy should be running around like that while he just got blasted 50 shells into his face
man just turns around and 2 shots me with a USP. Alright i was on 50 hp but that doesn't change the clusterfuck here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j90e0ezKoAY
Yeah, the shotgun damage should we way higher.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Fixed.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork