[Solved]Multiple texture and playermodel problems + giant black & red error boxes
Hi everyone,

Normally I am not a big fan of asking the community for help with such basic 'missing textures' problems. However, I am getting really annoyed, it sometimes severely influences my gameplay and, to my knowledge, I tried everything mentioned in earlier threads.

Here are some issues I am facing, since I redownloaded everything on my external hardrive:

Spoiler :
Some guns (AK47, AR15 and MP5 etc.) are not loading properly. I asked around and heard this was a common problem earlier, but should be fixed now. So I assume this has something to do with my local files. 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2091055083

Spoiler :
Next, this is a really weird one. I sometimes see giant red&black error boxes. Sometimes for playermodels or for player postion models, such as when players are pointing a gun at others. But the most annoying one is a prop at the v5p Nexus garage. I don't understand why I don't just see the classical red ERROR letters, but instead this giant black & red box.

Nexus garage
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2091054379
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...0D631B61C/

Playermodels, here someone pointing a gun at me. As you can imagine, this is really annoying, because I am basically blind in a FearRP situation. Also happens during raids etc. It seems like I am just missing some weapon textures, but again, why this giant box?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2091054205

I've tried redownloading all my .gma files, verifying my local files via steam and have resubscribed to the CityRP content for like a million times. Anyone some advice? 

Bonus question:

Spoiler :

Who knows the name of this blue tent prop?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1458559987

Thanks in advance. MrTree.
[Image: MrTreeGames-Signature.gif]

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
This is awfully strange. I have never ever encountered an issue were a huge red cube with errors filled around it. This might sound a bit silly, but we’re you the only one to see this red box? Also regarding the AKs when was the last time you logged into the game and tried to see if they are still like this? Final question but is the big red box always there and have you seen it elsewhere around the map?
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
(05-09-2020, 10:53 PM)Grizzly Wrote: This is awfully strange. I have never ever encountered an issue were a huge red cube with errors filled around it. This might sound a bit silly, but we’re you the only one to see this red box? Also regarding the AKs when was the last time you logged into the game and tried to see if they are still like this? Final question but is the big red box always there and have you seen it elsewhere around the map?

Yeah, find it really odd as well. Not heard anyone tell me that they see the same red box. The box is always there at the garage when I log in. The box occurs at other places as well. Not that often, but i.e. when someone pulls out a baseball bat or some sort of gun. The box is a different issue than the gunmodel problem.
I am playing for 3 weeks straight, almost everyday. Although the screenshots are less recent, I still have the issue regarding the AKs

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
(05-09-2020, 11:30 PM)MrTreeGames Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 10:53 PM)Grizzly Wrote: This is awfully strange. I have never ever encountered an issue were a huge red cube with errors filled around it. This might sound a bit silly, but we’re you the only one to see this red box? Also regarding the AKs when was the last time you logged into the game and tried to see if they are still like this? Final question but is the big red box always there and have you seen it elsewhere around the map?

Yeah, find it really odd as well. Not heard anyone tell me that they see the same red box. The box is always there at the garage when I log in. The box occurs at other places as well. Not that often, but i.e. when someone pulls out a baseball bat or some sort of gun. The box is a different issue than the gunmodel problem.
I am playing for 3 weeks straight, almost everyday. Although the screenshots are less recent, I still have the issue regarding the AKs
Very confusing. I am not sure how much help I can be considering you’ve done the usual stuff that fixes most of the problems. I would wait for a dev or contributor or someone who has gotten past this issue before. I will be looking into it though doing some research.
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
The following 1 user Likes Grizzly's post:
  • MrTreeGames
As well as redownloading your addons and verifying the integrity of your game files you should also empty you workshop cache.

Steam > Steamapps > Garrys Mod > garrysmod > cache > workshop
Kind Regards,
RedPanda
Fearless Veteran

Did I help you today? +Rep
[Image: f9VS5YA.png]
The following 1 user Likes RedPanda's post:
  • MrTreeGames
For your bonus question: models/props_misc/gazebo.mdl

thnx richie.
Where am I?
The following 1 user Likes Ducktard's post:
  • MrTreeGames
(05-10-2020, 01:10 AM)Ducktard Wrote: For your bonus question: models/props_misc/gazebo.mdl

thnx richie.
My dumbass kept searching for medical tent. But great, appreciate it.

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
Found a big hint while searching a little deeper in the console, now need someone to help me decode :')

[ERROR] gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/spawnmenu/creationmenu/content/contentsearch.lua:70: Tried to use invalid object (type Panel) (Object was NULL or not of the right type)
1. __newindex - [C]:-1
2. func - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/spawnmenu/creationmenu/content/contentsearch.lua:70
3. Run - addons/srlions_hook_library/lua/includes/modules/hook.lua:16
4. unknown - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/cl_search_models.lua:47

Timer Failed! [search_models_update][@gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/cl_search_models.lua (line 47)]

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
As a further thing to what I suggested before, clear your lua cache. It will take longer to join on your first attempt but I believe it should fix the issue.
Kind Regards,
RedPanda
Fearless Veteran

Did I help you today? +Rep
[Image: f9VS5YA.png]
(05-10-2020, 01:19 PM)RedPanda Wrote: As a further thing to what I suggested before, clear your lua cache. It will take longer to join on your first attempt but I believe it should fix the issue.

This unfortunately did not help.

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander