[Examples/Advises] Grammatical Geniuses
Lightbulb 
Hello everybody!
Are you tired of not getting taken seriously because of your grammatical skills not being good enough and therefore demolishing your own arguments?
Tired of people using their grammar nazi skills on you? Tired of getting corrected?
Well, then this is the guide for you!

Actually it is pretty easy to become a respected and grammatically correct person on Fearless RP. Let us start with the benefits:

1. Other players will respect what you say and not just go "He's a minge who cannot spell".
2. It improves a players' RP skills a lot if he/she is good at the basic rules of grammar.
3. The administrators are more likely to listen to your troubles and reports, if you correctly understand how to express yourself.

Alright so let's get to the bacis in writing a decent post or submitting requests.

1. As a natural thing, always start your sentences with capital letters. I would also recommend trying to avoid typing like the following:
DO NOT: Write Like This. People Will Just Laugh At You.
DO NOT: WRITE IN ALL CAPS. That's quite obvious.

2. Try to avoid from using slang when typing in "official" language. Like maybe making a suggestion thread. In those you should refrain from taking words together. For example:
It's = It is.
That's = That is.

If you choose to use them, then just remember the '.
And so on.

Generally just think about where your sentence will fit in. If going around playing a "gangster" on the server, your language should be very private and hood a-like. If you are a member of a distinguished mafia family then talk like they do in the movies.

3. Know when to use an or a. This rule is quite simply, yet I daily see people fail at correctly using the two. If the word beyond the a/an is starting with a vocal, then you should be using "an". If it starts with a consonant then you should instead use "a".

For example (a): My house has a lovely roof.
For example (an): His house has an add on I would like.

There is also an exception with the letter H. Because when you say "h" it sounds like you're saying "age". This means that with H you use "an" in front.
For example (an h): He should've been here an hour ago.

4. Start typing i with a capital I. It is not grammatically correct to speak about yourself as i.
For example: I am looking for a new dog, because I've lost my other one"

5. Refrain from using childish abrevations in your messages. Let's take a look at some of the most common mistakes.
Cuz = Because
Acc = Account
Plz = Please (Use "Would you kindly" if you really want to improve)
U = You

And so on.

6. The rules about to and too. Alright so this is almost one of the hardest rules to remember.
Too = Adverb. Extra or excessive amount of something.
To = Preposition. Something can be next "to" him.
The trick is to remember when to use "too". Why? Because the word "too" (as you seen in the definition before) is used when you're referring to an extra or excessive amount of something.
For example: His car is way too scratchy for my standards.
For example: He's standing next to me.

7. Know when to use your and you're. This is pretty basic. "Your" explains a persons belonging. "You're" is an abbrevation of you are.
For example: Your car is a bit scratchy.
For example: You're damn annoying.

8. Knowing when to use his or he's. Also a basic rule. Almost the same as the one above, but now it is just in third person. "His" is a belonging and "he's" is an abbrevation of he is.
For example: His car is a bit scratchy.
For example: He's damn annoying.

9. Let us look at this example from an unknown thread.
Quote:i got this acc from my friend **** yesterday cuz he wanted me to start playing this game, but when i got home today i was perm banned ?? then it says :Multi Account to Avoid Perm. so i think this is a really big mistake cuz i was playing with him yesterday so we were both online

Now let's correct it.

Quote:I received this account from one of my friends, ****, yesterday, since he wanted me to start playing this game. However, when I got home today I was permanently banned? Then it says: "Multiple accounts to avoid perm." So I assume that this must've been a really big mistake, because I was playing with him yesterday so we were both online.

That's it folks! Hope you enjoyed this guide and I also hope that it helped you in one or either ways. You're now on the long road into getting grammatically correct.

- StillAlive
I Gotta Stop Writing Like This!

Thanks for the guide dude! Smile
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
Ahaha!

No problem, I appreciate the response.

And to everyone: I didn't make this thread to annoy anybody nor insult them. Just to proove how to make better grammar.
Or you can be as cool as me and make all the grammar mistakes you want all the typos you want, and not give a fuck about it Smile
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
The following 1 user Likes MikeyTheFox's post:
  • ryan!
(02-04-2012, 03:52 PM)Pinkie Pie Wrote: Or you can be as cool as me and make all the grammar mistakes you want all the typos you want, and not give a *** about it Smile

That sentence made my eyes twist and my nipples hurt.
The following 1 user Likes StillAlive's post:
  • DerStorm
Is the title supposed to be ironic?

Anyway, good guide.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
(02-04-2012, 05:11 PM)Sir Raffi Wrote: Is the title supposed to be ironic?

Actually I dont know. It just needed a title and I didn't want to call it "Guide to write". So.. I have no idea!
... Because you spelt 'geniuses' wrong.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
Grammar is a huge part in RP'ing correctly. Thanks for making this.
Respectfully,

Hooter
The following 1 user Likes Hooter's post:
  • StillAlive
(02-05-2012, 04:13 PM)Sir Raffi Wrote: ... Because you spelt 'geniuses' wrong.

Oh you meant that. I thought you meant the whole title. But yes, geniouses was spelled like that on purpose.

Actually, I failed. :-(
The following 3 users Like StillAlive's post:
  • Ms. Mudpie, rand0m0mg, DerStorm