Development Rewards
I believe they should receive a percentage of the donations dependant on the effort they put in that month
Kind Regards,

Signature is too big. - Haarek
The following 2 users Like Zambie ^‿^'s post:
  • Idea, Edned
epic!
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Devs deserve these rewards
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
Finally something good..
Alphaverse
Ex - Contributor
(12-26-2019, 10:03 PM)jhayw Wrote: isnt this like paying ur devs with monopoly money
The idea is amazing, but in my opinion $50.000 is not really enough when you consider their work.
For what they do, they deserve a larger remuneration.
Especally when they only receive it when they release "larger" updates (no bugfixese, etc.) , I perceive $50.000 as barely anything.
It should be settled at about $100.000 - $250.000 at least. Let's not deceive ourselves, bigger updates are not a weekly, hardly a monthly, thing. Developers should be satisfied properly for the work they do, instead of giving them alms so FL can say "we are paying/compensating our developers".
The following 1 user Likes Idea's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
Where is the 100k veteran salary, Divey!  Angry
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 2 users Like TheSiphon's post:
  • Divey, rino
Inb4 frost gets developer the tight mother trucking source-pan
I've been quite distant from the community since the map was changed to San Ranevo, but I'm glad to see things are heading in the right direction in regards to respecting community decisions and the development teams.

In my opinion, this does feel like a "monopoly money" sorta concept, as jhayw said. Are you sure the "open discourse" with the team wasn't just them thinking "well it's better than nothing"? I've seen the community cycle through devs kinda quickly in the past and I witnessed the previous team who made LL and ditched the community. A lot of the current dev team are very talented people. Alongside the community, these are the guys that have contributed a lot toward the fact that FL is still going nearly 10 years from its launch.

Admins/mods don't get 10k every time they attend an @ call, the logistics don't make sense to me. Yes, the money rewarded fluctuates based on the "importance" of the update, but there's a lot of factors such as the personal time of these people being used (especially for contributors/developers), their skill sets and more that you really need to think about.

I know that the funds are not as much as they used to be due to server upgrades and less player counts (donations), but there's many options such as more legacy items & commands (we have them for donators & admins, why not devs?), shares in donations (after the base rate for server costs are revoked from this number), "pension plans" if you want to call it that, for veteran devs, and more.

Just take a second to think about it lads!

Anyway, just my 2 cents on this.
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
The following 1 user Likes Edned's post:
  • Conn
In an ideal world your administration teams motivation for taking on addition responsibility should be because they want to help maintain and facilitate an environment where enjoyable roleplay should take place. Their motivation shouldn't come from a monetary reward.

In the case of development members there are slightly different conditions but fundamentally the same principles should apply. I think the use of in-game money rewards should be used at the disgrestion of the senior team to reward fantastic/ above and beyond work to maintain legitimate motivation for delivering their role.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here