Fusion of Teacher and Moderator
+support
Giving powers such as banning or blacklisting to a rank that people can apply for is a bad idea imo
The following 4 users Like Luna's post:
  • DreeBott, Lewwings, Pollux, konsta
Dont see why there is a need for the 2 ranks, maybe keep teacher and remove moderator lol, no need
I have made this suggestion before teachers came back and I have brought it up multiple times since.

What I suggested was to remove the moderator/teacher rank doesn't matter which, give the other rank the commands of noclip, tp to the user, and the ability to give points. Then create the new rank of "Event Coordinator."

The teacher rank right now is completely pointless as it has been said on here because what is the difference between teacher and player other than the title? The only thing teachers can do is answer questions through help or pm and that is it. 90% of the time whenever someone needs help you physically cannot help them through basic messaging and need to be there with the individual to assist them. This will give teachers assistance to help players and provide true relief to the staff team to focus on administration.

Event Coordinators do exactly what the name suggests. Instead of helping players, they create events on the server. These could be ones that are orchestrated with applications and a set time similar to how they are now, or they can begin creating the mini-events that we have lost over the past couple of years that are super simple but involve groups of players.

But in the end, at this point, it doesn't matter. No change will happen.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • konsta
Remove mod... plz Divey
(12-02-2019, 10:42 PM)Arny Wrote: Giving powers such as banning or blacklisting to a rank that people can apply for is a bad idea imo

You can apply to contributor and they can have a damaging effect. Looking at some past 1's

If anything, it makes it easier to pick applicants out because the staff can see who would like to try a staff position out, to who they would've picked for mod/trial.
Wolven

Literally no point
(12-02-2019, 10:42 PM)Arny Wrote: Giving powers such as banning or blacklisting to a rank that people can apply for is a bad idea imo

Anything that you apply for is a bad idea. Helpers can be good if they were picked by the staff team, it should be for those who do not wish to be an admin but still want to help around.

I think that if this were to be implemented, the staff team should discuss who from the teacher team should be promoted to this and the moderators should just become trial admins.
(12-03-2019, 04:56 PM)Wolven Wrote:

You can apply to contributor and they can have a damaging effect. Looking at some past 1's

If anything, it makes it easier to pick applicants out because the staff can see who would like to try a staff position out, to who they would've picked for mod/trial.

It really doesn't make it easier at all, if a player applies for a position such as this then they are likely to act differently from the way they would usually. The reason we pick staff members the way we do is to see how they would usually act in a normal environment.
(12-03-2019, 05:34 PM)Zombie Wrote:

Anything that you apply for is a bad idea. Helpers can be good if they were picked by the staff team, it should be for those who do not wish to be an admin but still want to help around.

I think that if this were to be implemented, the staff team should discuss who from the teacher team should be promoted to this and the moderators should just become trial admins.

I couldn't have said it better myself, apart from undermining an application system. Applications are a good thing as they allow staff to notice or consider members of the community that could actually be an asset to the team; whether it be as a Helper or as a Trial Administrator.

People need to remember that just because they apply for a position, it does not mean that they will get it. It just opens the staff's eyes to potentially worthy candidates that they wouldn't have been thought of previously. A suggestion system for both Helper and TA will still be in place - nothing wrong comes out of an application system. And don't say people can 'act': I already explained to you why that is an irrelevant point last night in discord, Zombie.