What a Random Thread
I dislike when threads like this get branded as targetting or as attacking a problem that doesn't exist. If there is a system in plaace for inactive staff, that system should be used. If there is a reason for a specific staff member's inactivity then in the same system they are able to say that they are inactive and this could be indefinitley.

If it is indefinetley then they may decide themselves to leave the role, they don't have any right to that role as much as anyone else.

I would say that things happen behind the scenes of someone's personal life but it is up to them to either keep their role or not.
(10-14-2019, 12:35 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 10:41 AM)Falc Wrote: Maybe he’s going through some serious IRL problems and doesn’t have the time to get on?

There’s so much more to life than this server and I truly hope he isn’t struggling IRL with anything but you never know. He could be in constant contact with the SA’s letting them know.

No reason for this thread, pathetic really.

While I agree that this thread is unneeded, I have always been on the side of if you have to leave for an extended period of time, just resign and once you are ready/have time to return, the staff team will always welcome you back. (Which Random has been one that has resigned and came back). 

Having inactive staff in the team gives an overall image of not caring. Random could have easily posted in the inactivity thread about being gone for a while without implying anything if it is a serious matter, but that has not happen as well. With inactive staff as a staff member itself it is harder to push anything through because you are either A. going to make decisions without one of your staff member or B. going to sit there and await them finally giving their input. Both are not positive outcomes and all can be avoided by just stepping down until you have the time it takes to come back.

I agree to an extent with you, but maybe Random has mentioned on the SA's that he will only be gone for a certain period of time so in that case, I could see why he would not want to resign and go through the trial period again.
After over a month of silence I think such a thread like this is justified, it’s hardly an attack, it’s a serious question about what is going on.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

(10-14-2019, 03:14 PM)Lewwings Wrote: After over a month of silence I think such a thread like this is justified, it’s hardly an attack, it’s a serious question about what is going on.

It's useless if the staff team deem necessary I am sure they will take actions against him. I am sure it will get closed soon.
(10-14-2019, 05:58 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 03:14 PM)Lewwings Wrote: After over a month of silence I think such a thread like this is justified, it’s hardly an attack, it’s a serious question about what is going on.

It's useless if the staff team deem necessary I am sure they will take actions against him. I am sure it will get closed soon.

Alright then

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Random has gone through a serious situation, a very serious one.

So please be patient with him.
The following 1 user Likes Kevin's post:
  • Random
(10-14-2019, 06:29 PM)Kevin Wrote: Random has gone through a serious situation, a very serious one.

So please be patient with him.

As I've said there are other things that are more serious than Random's inactivity. I really hope it has nothing to do with his health neither with any of his family member's health.
Hey Lewwings,

I understand that you are frustrated about staff activity, but please don’t post threads like these targeting individual staff members. I’m aware your intent was to raise a genuine concern you have, but when it is brought up in a thread like this, it serves no real benefit, and just provides an open invitation for the community to harass a singular person for their activity. I do truly respect that you care for the community and believe that staff activity is important, but please raise problems you have with individual staff privately with the SAs, or the admin themself.
 Zecon
not an Administrator
Re opening this as I really do not care about what people blindly have to say about me or my absence.

During the last month(s) I have experienced, and gone through a lot of stuff. I am not going to go into full detail, and make a long list of all the things that have happened, however if you feel comfortable, feel free to ask me in a PM.

Yes, I agree that my absence is unfair, and I wish I was able to play on FL the same way I had when I first returned, however as most staff members and hopefully community members would agree with, sometimes real life stuff will be prioritised over FL and gaming in general. I have for a while wanted to return, but constantly been set back by events in my personal life.

I will return as soon as possible,
Random
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 6 users Like Random's post:
  • Wolven, Pollux, Falc, Divey, Jonas, Jessixa
(10-14-2019, 07:48 PM)Zecon Wrote: Hey Lewwings,

I understand that you are frustrated about staff activity, but please don’t post threads like these targeting individual staff members. I’m aware your intent was to raise a genuine concern you have, but when it is brought up in a thread like this, it serves no real benefit, and just provides an open invitation for the community to harass a singular person for their activity. I do truly respect that you care for the community and believe that staff activity is important, but please raise problems you have with individual staff privately with the SAs, or the admin themself.

This hasnt been used to harass him. One thing has been said and its been related to everoyne, as it just isnt random. Its just a shame someone has to be an example, this time it was him, life goes on.

Im sure Lewwings, was looking at the bigger picture on how, pretty much from SA, to admin etc the activity is poor.

Now my message to you is, i understand you dont like it when someone digs out why you're not doing something correct, or up to standard but certain skills people lack cause situations like this, a little bit of transparency, between random and lewwings could have had the thread removed.

If he voiced that he has personal issues and cant play then no one can dig him out.

https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...224&page=5

This is a thread for a reason, no exceptions.

Now, Zecon i understand as a staff member it must be tough staff activity being brought up all the time, and i very much well understand if Random is your friend as he will be, that you want to defend him. But this is far from harassment, its just a shame he was used as an example, the message was more or less aimed at the bigger picture.

He is caring for the community by highlighting a fault, he wants the community to be back to how it was, so by sugarcoating it you are not going to get anywhere, he is speaking facts and he isnt wrong, this criticism is needed and i fully back what he has said.

Also, lets note if random had posted in the thread i have linked like he should have, this thread wouldnt have even been made.

However, i can now say that random is being genuine, i havent seen him on steam in around 40 days so obviously something is going on privately which no one really needs to know bar him, its just all miscommunication as the thread wasnt made, so you cant blame lewwings for pointing out.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 1 user Likes don's post:
  • Lewwings