Future of FL/ FL Dying (18/75)
Dead server

Some staff have actually left and made their own servers LOL
Like most communities, there will be Up's & Down's.

Always the first month or so of School/College/Uni is Hectic with many assignment's.
Give it time, people will be back.

Kind Regards,
Indie
Ex-Teacher

(09-30-2019, 04:22 PM)Conn Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 04:20 PM)JoshZ Wrote: The developers are more active on this thread than doing their actual jobs.

Developers/contribs are unpaid, and still manage to put out a good sum of updates. Come on, give us some slack.
Its 50/50

Devs make the easy shit which is a low priority and is a QOL suggestion and management doesn't understand how to manage and wont tell the development team what to prioritise. 

I do agree, you should at least be paid ingame (i recommended this) but that got declined as always lmao.

FL going down a slope which no-one can be bothered to stop.
Aggressive RP update. Not just changing gun damages, I mean contraband update and bank heist. Something that will bring players together, something to achieve and way to make money which is also fun.
The following 1 user Likes god's post:
  • Dimitris
(09-30-2019, 04:30 PM)PeterWhite Wrote: Like most communities, there will be Up's & Down's.

Always the first month or so of School/College/Uni is Hectic with many assignment's.
Give it time, people will be back.

can't agree more 

Spoiler :

[Image: Bitch-Please.jpg?width=365&height=473]

The following 1 user Likes god's post:
  • Dimitris
Well I mean some people are returning. (Hi)

Give it time, it'll pick up again eventually.
[Image: jqC25Xr.png]
Thank you Envy
The following 1 user Likes ELAD's post:
  • TASSIA
school / college is not really an excuse, thats a fucking yearly thing, doesn't disappear in a month?

the excuse devs don't get paid is bad. i mean like you chose to do this job, so don't slack? yall get some ingame shit anyway tho so yeah
(09-30-2019, 02:57 PM)Sparx Wrote: I think this thread, whilst filled with some useful constructive criticism, is mostly an exaggeration.

We actually had a great player count over the summer, it's only been the last couple of weeks that it's been a little lower. I don't think that FL is dying, I think it's far more likely that the player base has dropped temporarily because people are starting school/college/uni again, and I have high hopes that it will rise back again in the coming weeks (as it has tended to in the past)

I hope that I'm not wrong, either way, I'm definitely still optimistic at this point!

Im not meaning to be funny or toxic.

But look, there is many reasons you're not SA anymore. Some spoken, some not.

Clearly your judgement was big part in your stepping down. Stop hiding behind the fact that school this, summer that. The server is shit, its run poorly and its the same as it was 2 years ago. Nothing major has come into place, and you talk about being optimistic.

The activity of the staff team, and the community for a long time now, the server popped for 2-3 weeks, yeh great but its about keeping it going.

I understand more than anyone that the devs cant push updates like a cyborg, so i dont agree with the bashing of them but, they dont help themselves bringing out these shity updates.

The updates and additions i cant help but feel are aimed towards certain members of staff, its like their in it for their own good.

Lets talk about Divey, confident powerful voice within the team. While behind closed doors this man only has a passion towards material editors and player models for his roleplays. (his own benefit)

Its no secret that games die, but its also no secret that an element of a game can be repopulated. This element is CityRP, but to do so you need ambition and passion, you need a certain drive that is fed purely from passion. Your issue, i can right through half the team, they are in it for their own good and not for the benefit of the server, but the people with passion are never trusted nor given the chance to prove themselves.

Obviously, in some situation, no fault of their own, but the way the team act, the way certain man go about their business its just so clear that no one gives a fuck, everyone is choosing the easy options left, right and centre whether it be development or choices for the server.

Their needs to be a bridge between the community and the staff members, and tbh this bridge is long gone, its like cops and robbers, honour the community be proud that you can have an effect on every community member, the young players will genuinely look up to you and want to be you, this staff member on a server. So, then let them, mentor them and mold them into the correct Fearless Roleplay, player instead of straight up banning them or whatever it may be, when that is fixed, development sadly, it is your job to keep the server enjoyable.

If you cant give your time to the server quite simply resign, you are only cheating your fellow team.

Eitherway, just everyone dont be chatting pure shit about the school bollocks. Crazy, the server has been the same now for a good 2-3 years, nothing major has been added, and you are paying the consequences, but from me personally, the community kept me there, i just hit a dead end and i was getting no where within the community other than the same old bum.

So, player management, staff activity, staff engagement with the community, are the right people running the staff team?

There is so many issues that can be, but as a community we can only assume because you keep everything from us and i am afraid to say no one can help that side of things but the people within the trusted circle and that is a problem the team have created and one you shall seek to fix before the damage is permanent.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 2 users Like don's post:
  • Dimitris, Lewwings
(09-30-2019, 04:42 PM)richieb Wrote: school / college is not really an excuse, thats a fucking yearly thing, doesn't disappear in a month?

the excuse devs don't get paid is bad. i mean like you chose to do this job, so don't slack? yall get some ingame shit anyway tho so yeah

Nothing in game, nothing out of the game. It's a hobby for all of us, and a lot of people have put a lot of their freetime into working on the GM. By continuously bashing developers who are working for free, that doesn't encourage people to work? 

Updates will get done, maybe slowly, but with time, they'll be worked through. You have to appreciate the amount of time, effort, and discussion that must be gone through for updates, especially the bigger ones. 

This thread has drilled up some genuinely helpful pointers for myself, and probably other devs too, in that there are certain updates that should be considered a higher priority. Not everything can be done so quickly, have some patience and appreciate that we are also human, and spend our free time doing development.
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

The following 3 users Like Conn's post:
  • Pollux, TASSIA, Alphaverse
(09-30-2019, 04:55 PM)Conn Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 04:42 PM)richieb Wrote: school / college is not really an excuse, thats a fucking yearly thing, doesn't disappear in a month?

Nothing in game, nothing out of the game. It's a hobby for all of us, and a lot of people have put a lot of their freetime into working on the GM. By continuously bashing developers who are working for free, that doesn't encourage people to work? 

Updates will get done, maybe slowly, but with time, they'll be worked through. You have to appreciate the amount of time, effort, and discussion that must be gone through for updates, especially the bigger ones. 

This thread has drilled up some genuinely helpful pointers for myself, and probably other devs too, in that there are certain updates that should be considered a higher priority. Not everything can be done so quickly, have some patience and appreciate that we are also human, and spend our free time doing development.

im on about the devs not contributors