Pollux
Reported User(s): Pollux

Reported User's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:45419786

Date & Time (GMT): 12/8/19 @ 18:51 GMT

Summary of the incident
Pollux was told to put his gun down or the man will be harmed while having a gun at an innocents mans head. We all know what this means.

Pollux didn't drop his weapon infact followed the criminal down the street as he is trying to flee. Keep in mind this whole time josh has the gun to the mans head, and they have been told to drop the weapon or he will be harmed.

Pollux knew this but carried on, this is a blatant break of fearrp, and with someone of pollux's power and knowledge he should know 100% better.

Evidence
I'm going to quote what I said on the PR.

(08-12-2019, 07:27 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 07:25 PM)JoshZ Wrote: Also Pollux may I add why are you breaking FearRP in this situation? I told you to lower your gun multiple times.

I didn't break FearRP, you clearly said you were going to execute the hostage. Why would I lower my gun which allows you to do that and then also kill me easily? FearRP isn't as black and white as "I have one hostage you have to do everything I say instantly".
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(08-13-2019, 05:24 PM)Pollux Wrote: I'm going to quote what I said on the PR.

(08-12-2019, 07:25 PM)JoshZ Wrote: Also Pollux may I add why are you breaking FearRP in this situation? I told you to lower your gun multiple times.

I didn't break FearRP, you clearly said you were going to execute the hostage. Why would I lower my gun which allows you to do that and then also kill me easily? FearRP isn't as black and white as "I have one hostage you have to do everything I say instantly".

As a government member it is your job to protect anyone and everyone.

You was told put down your weapon and leave (along the lines, watch video) or he will be killed. Suddenly you have to listen or you're putting someone in danger when that is the opposite of your job.

He has a hostage you meet his demands, what you did was just put the man in danger, and in any normal situation you would have had him killed but josh luckily didn't kill him.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
Just to add to this, pollux isn't a first offender to this, so he clearly doesnt understand what fear rp is.

https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...ht=fear+rp
perqe
Donator

(08-13-2019, 05:28 PM)perqe Wrote:

You was told put down your weapon and leave (along the lines, watch video) or he will be killed. Suddenly you have to listen or you're putting someone in danger when that is the opposite of your job.

He has a hostage you meet his demands, what you did was just put the man in danger, and in any normal situation you would have had him killed but josh luckily didn't kill him.

Me putting my weapons down would put my life in danger, the VPs life who was behind me and also anyone else around me. I don't think I broke FearRP, yes I do have to consider the hostage's life but I also have to consider my own and those who are around me.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I will review this evidence, discuss it and let you know of the outcome.
(08-13-2019, 05:37 PM)Pollux Wrote:

Me putting my weapons down would put my life in danger, the VPs life who was behind me and also anyone else around me. I don't think I broke FearRP, yes I do have to consider the hostage's life but I also have to consider my own and those who are around me.

The vice president shouldnt be putting themselves in that situation, that is them breaking fearrp.

You broke fear rp, you as a government official put the people before you thats your job, you're a public servant. You following him only put yours and the hostages life in more danger if you had let him walk away, you can negotiate with him to save him to save him from any harm. However, you just followed and put him in harm.

Also, by following him you put yourself in harm, if you had done what you was supposed to and let him flee you would have been safer, the streets would have been safer because the potential firefight was no more. That would have even put everyone in danger on the street.

You broke fearrp on so many levels, you've broken it before.

You need get a better understanding of the rule, and i dont think the 2 day ban you served for it was enough to make you realise.

This is also a similar situation this is what you could have caused.
perqe
Donator

This is in addition to this, you have given him the role of contributor and he's already breaking rules.

Feels familiar.

https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=90430

Do you think you're above the rules, or do you just find it hard to follow them?
perqe
Donator

(08-13-2019, 05:45 PM)perqe Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 05:37 PM)Pollux Wrote:

(08-12-2019, 07:27 PM)Pollux Wrote: I didn't break FearRP, you clearly said you were going to execute the hostage. Why would I lower my gun which allows you to do that and then also kill me easily? FearRP isn't as black and white as "I have one hostage you have to do everything I say instantly".

The vice president shouldnt be putting themselves in that situation, that is them breaking fearrp.

You broke fear rp, you as a government official put the people before you thats your job, you're a public servant. You following him only put yours and the hostages life in more danger if you had let him walk away, you can negotiate with him to save him to save him from any harm. However, you just followed and put him in harm.

Also, by following him you put yourself in harm, if you had done what you was supposed to and let him flee you would have been safer, the streets would have been safer because the potential firefight was no more. That would have even put everyone in danger on the street.

You broke fearrp on so many levels, you've broken it before.

You need get a better understanding of the rule, and i dont think the 2 day ban you served for it  was enough to make you realise.

This is also a similar situation this is what you could have caused.

If I didn't follow him he can take the hostage away and harm them. He clearly stated he was planning to execute him and his reason for taking him hostage in the first place was to teach him a lesson for threatening him. I was close to him to negotiate, you can see me talking to him ingame (my audio doesn't record, but it does show me talking in the bottom right). He also didn't actually say to stop following him, which is why me and a police officer did with the others holding further back. I followed him until he entered slums, where I then fell back to wait for backup.

The only thing Josh asked for me was to lower my weapon, which I couldn't do as that would put my own life and the life of others around me in danger too (Me and another SRU were the only ones there for a while until others responded). Me putting my weapon down also means he can follow through and execute the hostage. As he obviously had an intention to harm the hostage there, I had to keep following at a close distance to make sure I can kill him if he does.

I really don't see how I broke FearRP here, in a situation which shouldn't have happened in the first place. The only demand he made to me was to lower my weapon which was unreasonable and puts more risk to myself and others around me, so why would I follow it? If anything, lowering my weapon would be breaking FearRP as i'm then not considering my own life and also the life of those around me (VP and President were both at the nexus front alongside multiple civilians).

If this wasn't done in public, then it would be different as the only life I would be risking was my own. If he didn't state he was going to execute him and this was in a private area, I would've likely lowered my shotgun and attempted to negotiate as I don't have to consider the life of others around me, only my own and the hostages life. As this was in public with multiple civilians alongside the president and vice, I couldn't follow his demand as it puts everyone in danger.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Approved.

A 1 day ban punishment will be handed out as it is a clear breakage of FearRP, this doesn't need to drag any longer than it needs to. My closing comments on the matter is this, as the rule states, you should fear for your colleagues life as well as your own therefore the weapon should have been lowered. I understand what you are trying to say however I have seen situations like this before and tell everyone the same thing.