Community's input does not matter no more?
I was quite literally just reading a similar thread where a suggestion had gotten a lot of +supports but still got declined. However Awestruck explained that it was too much work for a small thing that really did not impact the overall experience anyways. Now how about this one https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...948&page=3 is it too much work? no, is it a small thing that does not impact the overall experience? no, did it get many +supports? Yes, so why exactly did TASSIA and the rest of the people that he discussed with decided to decline it? ( After it had already gotten accepted by a former developer )
[Image: GdqraRS.png]
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(08-21-2019, 02:43 AM)Pollux Wrote: [Image: GdqraRS.png]

Sure I understand that, however when a suggestion makes sense to everyone is not hard to do and makes sense. I don't understand why it gets declined without giving a reason as to why.
I don't see how fixing an obviously broken system isn't suitable for the server or other suggestions I made aren't like gun manufacturing or custom bus adverts. Surely it should be up to the community to decide what should be added or suitable and not the developers who changed the vehicle system to be what it is now. Just because something takes time doesn't mean it has to be denied because "too much effort"
(08-21-2019, 04:51 AM)Bobby Wrote: I don't see how fixing an obviously broken system isn't suitable for the server or other suggestions I made aren't like gun manufacturing or custom bus adverts. Surely it should be up to the community to decide what should be added or suitable and not the developers who changed the vehicle system to be what it is now. Just because something takes time doesn't mean it has to be denied because "too much effort"

No Bobby I will have to disagree to some of your points. I also agree that fixing that thing that warrants do not disappear for the VP after the president accepts/declines it was a waste of time especially when it would take a lot of effort, however the one I linked above was literally not hard at all and a useful one with a lot of +supports so I really do not understand the reason it got declined.
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...260&page=3 An other example. Tassia how about you start giving some reason behind declining suggestions that received a lot of support.
(08-21-2019, 06:19 AM)Dimitris Wrote: https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...260&page=3 An other example. Tassia how about you start giving some reason behind declining suggestions that received a lot of support.

[Image: DChiS6S.png]

they have reasons, your suggestion was approved by community, they also do include a disclaimer.

[Image: zjFGDBV.png]
it was probably denied as holstering a gun in a car can be used in a chase and then make it so you're not getting arrested. The feature isn't needed.
(08-21-2019, 04:50 AM)Dimitris Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 02:43 AM)Pollux Wrote: [Image: GdqraRS.png]

Sure I understand that, however when a suggestion makes sense to everyone is not hard to do and makes sense. I don't understand why it gets declined without giving a reason as to why.

Doesn't matter if it's not hard to do, it's the teams decision at the end of the day, if they don't feel it fits, they won't add it. They have reasons, they also have privacy.
The statement is taken way out of proportion and is an incredible overstatement.

Of course community input matters, don't be ridiculous. Just because a few suggestions didn't get approved (for perhaps not the right reasons, I'd have to agree), doesn't mean that your thoughts and opinions aren't taken into account.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
Government Database is the ONLY way to possibly find out where a Dictator is hiding. Allows for a more dynamic range of Presidencies in a session. Of course, an officer can always lie about his location.

As Richie said, just because a Suggestion receives a lot of support, doesn't necessarily mean it's suitable for the game. I do agree that more reasoning should be given when denying a suggestion if it's not obvious as to why it should be declined.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 2 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Tomo, TASSIA