"Starting LUA" causing crashing
yo,

trying to join server after reinstalling gmod for first time in ages, getting Starting LUA message which just freezes game and eventually crashes it, sometimes with the LUA panic error sometimes without.

i've reinstalled game like 4 times, deleted all addons and let the server install files to see if that fixed but nada

pls help
[Image: 2D3jDlq.png]
My friend had this happen today we are looking into the solution
(08-09-2019, 09:42 PM)SJ. Wrote: yo,

trying to join server after reinstalling gmod for first time in ages, getting Starting LUA message which just freezes game and eventually crashes it, sometimes with the LUA panic error sometimes without.

i've reinstalled game like 4 times, deleted all addons and let the server install files to see if that fixed but nada

pls help
Is it only on the FL Server
(08-09-2019, 10:11 PM)Slaint Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 09:42 PM)SJ. Wrote: yo,

pls help
Is it only on the FL Server
 nah all of em
Quick google yields this possible solution
  1. Open up properties of Garrys Mod
  2. Go to Betas
  3. Select x86-64 branch
  4. Relaunch game, and join server
[Image: 7VEpdeH.gif]

If this hasn't/doesn't work, could you please upload your crash log?
You can find this in your Steam/SteamApps/Commons/Garrysmod/ folder. The extension should be .mdmp, with the name including the relevant date of the crash. Will look like this, for reference:
[Image: ypuRfH9.png]
[Image: KInLxEm.png]
The following 1 user Likes Devon's post:
  • Conn
(08-13-2019, 09:38 AM)Devon Wrote: Quick google yields this possible solution
  1. Open up properties of Garrys Mod
  2. Go to Betas
  3. Select x86-64 branch
  4. Relaunch game, and join server

If this hasn't/doesn't work, could you please upload your crash log?
You can find this in your Steam/SteamApps/Commons/Garrysmod/ folder. The extension should be .mdmp, with the name including the relevant date of the crash. Will look like this, for reference:
[Image: ypuRfH9.png]

Tried the x86-64 thing, no luck.

crash log below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zkiuhytazvrwl....mdmp?dl=0
Have you tried installing the content manually for fl. also try loading a map single player and see if that works so we can workout what the cause is
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:88195917&b=1]
Had this issue, will post fix when I get back and remember
The following 2 users Like Bobby's post:
  • PhantomSolaris, Slaint
Okay, this fix might seem weird but try first migrating your garry's mod with all the files of FL etc. included to a memory stick. Then, run Garry's Mod as administrator and make sure not to download custom files. If this works, you can turn on download custom files if you have errors next time you play.
(08-27-2019, 04:41 PM)Bobby Wrote: Okay, this fix might seem weird but try first migrating your garry's mod with all the files of FL etc. included to a memory stick. Then, run Garry's Mod as administrator and make sure not to download custom files. If this works, you can turn on download custom files if you have errors next time you play.

Don't actually own a memory stick.. will try moving to external hard drive I have and will see if works.