Poll: Map Vote
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Remain on V4B1
9.84%
18 9.84%
V5P
34.97%
64 34.97%
Ranox City V1
47.54%
87 47.54%
Chaos City
4.92%
9 4.92%
RP EvoFord
2.73%
5 2.73%
Total 183 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A New Beginning - Map Vote
(05-06-2019, 07:25 PM)Yonno Wrote: V5P, gotta stay true to EvoCity.
[Image: gn3iiwj]
The following 4 users Like Julern's post:
  • Luna, Bobby, RoCKy, Archer
I am a big fan of evocity maps myself. But the only 2 included do not fit Fl or they have terrible fps. Voting for V5P would be dumb in my opinion. It didn't work last time and it won't work now. Although I like V5P since it has my favorite areas of every evocity map I just know that it doesn't fit FL right now since the playerbase is not as big. My vote goes to Ranox and I hope it works out.
I love if map will be changed
[Image: Vgfsw2k.jpeg]
Snookum
Fearless Donator
(05-07-2019, 09:45 AM)Avgar Wrote: Voted for V5P, as that is the only one that has a chance of winning against Ranox, which I vehemently disagree with.

How will the winning map be handled once development for it is done? Will it simply be rolled out onto the servers and then tested with live people? Or will a pre-release test be done?

Perhaps if the most voted map doesn't work out every map could first be performance tested before they're even considered for a vote? More work for developers, true, but less back-and-forth with the community and a lesser server population drop in anticipation of the next map (happened last time).

I did the exact same, Ranox is a poorly laid out map with tacky buildings.
The following 3 users Like Bobby's post:
  • Luna, SpaghettiFTW, Archer
(05-07-2019, 10:21 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: If we get a map which we have not run on the server before, we will test the map on the beta server very systematically. The last thing we want is spending much time setting up CityRP (spawnpoints, doors, locations, NPCs, etc) and then realize the map crashes/FPS drops.

Our main server should not be an experimental server. Once we have decided and tested the map we should stay with it for a long period, and not keep cycling between other maps.

I personally vote to keep V4B1, but at the end the players will decide.

As much as I also like V4B1 (I voted for it during the last vote), performance on it is terrible compared to Ranox, Chaoscity and V5P. Testing on Beta won't really show anything useful as it'll be very subjective and vary a lot per system, the best way to test is by looking at how the map is optimised and then conducting an analysis per area. The gamemode doesn't need to be taken into account as that's something that is always changing, one thing we can't really change is how a map is optimised.

Source provides a bunch of tools to help test maps, I tested and analysed some of them already but anyone can do the same, I'm happy to write a guide explaining how if you want.

Here's a link to the tests I did on V4B1, Ranox and Chaoscity

V4B1 performance: https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...#pid815692
Ranox performance: https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...#pid815718
Chaos performance: https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...#pid815724
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-07-2019, 10:21 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: If we get a map which we have not run on the server before, we will test the map on the beta server very systematically. The last thing we want is spending much time setting up CityRP (spawnpoints, doors, locations, NPCs, etc) and then realize the map crashes/FPS drops.

Our main server should not be an experimental server. Once we have decided and tested the map we should stay with it for a long period, and not keep cycling between other maps.

I personally vote to keep V4B1, but at the end the players will decide.

And in the meantime if Ranox wins, make it V5P since it’s already set up? But of a win win, idk
Ranox has a terrible layout. V5P all the way
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 3 users Like Archer's post:
  • Lewwings, Luna, RedPanda
Awestruck, you have said V2D failed. When it got brought back in the summer, the server was full for a good amount of time, there was even a queue to play.

Just a question, where did you get that idea from?

Also, if V5P is the map i think it is, everyone cried about that and wanted change so i have no clue why people are raving over it, its better than the current map but why say all that back then to just vote for it again, and go through the same process?
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 1 user Likes don's post:
  • Slaint
(05-07-2019, 03:13 PM)perqe Wrote: Awestruck, you have said V2D failed. When it got brought back in the summer, the server was full for a good amount of time, there was even a queue to play.

Also, if V5P is the map i think it is, everyone cried about that and wanted change so i have no clue why people are raving over it, its better than the current map but why say all that back then to just vote for it again, and go through the same process?

Just talking on V5P, not everyone wanted to see it go, which is somewhat evident in this poll if I'm honest.
Kind Regards,
RedPanda
Fearless Veteran

Did I help you today? +Rep
[Image: f9VS5YA.png]
The following 1 user Likes RedPanda's post:
  • Lewwings
(05-07-2019, 03:27 PM)RedPanda Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 03:13 PM)perqe Wrote: Awestruck, you have said V2D failed. When it got brought back in the summer, the server was full for a good amount of time, there was even a queue to play.

Just talking on V5P, not everyone wanted to see it go, which is somewhat evident in this poll if I'm honest.

But you are aware the votes were heavily, pines and v2d, v5p didn't really touch them.

Whats, evident in this poll, is everyone who jumped ship on the map situation,were just talking shit and are two faced.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]