Poll: Map Vote
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Remain on V4B1
9.84%
18 9.84%
V5P
34.97%
64 34.97%
Ranox City V1
47.54%
87 47.54%
Chaos City
4.92%
9 4.92%
RP EvoFord
2.73%
5 2.73%
Total 183 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A New Beginning - Map Vote
(05-07-2019, 08:04 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 06:38 AM)Rossi Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 06:10 AM)Create Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 11:54 PM)Rossi Wrote: Also, if you could give like a week notice before the change or at least a couple of days, that way we all can RP our dupes we've spent so long making would be great

If Ranox wins it'll be more than a month before its released. Since it's a new map completely, all of the spawnpoints, locations, NPCs need to be set etc. You have more than enough time now to roleplay using your old dupes.

Yeah, I changed my vote to V5P to mainly that reason as well Smile

It says it'll be less than a month for any map. The time it takes to change isn't that big of an issue. Vote based on what map you like not whatever is quickest.

I did, but efficiency is also important and I don’t like either map but if I had to pick one or the other, it would be V5P
Don’t be silly, vote v5p
(05-07-2019, 09:00 AM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: Don’t be silly, vote v5p

A map that we voted off less than a year ago as people found it too big and spread out?

I don't see how people expect this to magically change.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-07-2019, 09:01 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 09:00 AM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: Don’t be silly, vote v5p

A map that we voted off less than a year ago as people found it too big and spread out?

I don't see how people expect this to magically change.

That's the thing though. It won't change. No matter which map gets chosen, people will complain, performance will be poor, and we will go through the same cycle again in x months. 

And ultimately that is fine, I suppose.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 2 users Like Yonno's post:
  • SpaghettiFTW, sebasti161
(05-07-2019, 06:37 AM)Rossi Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 06:34 AM)Scuba Wrote: Lol everyone who plays the serve voted v5p and everyone that don’t voted ranox that’s funny,

And if as much people that voted played the server it would be a lot better

Mainly the reason I agreed with Pollux when he said an "In server vote" due to tons of people voting who don't even play the servers at all

Totally agree Smile
Fearless Veteran 8^)
Voted for V5P, as that is the only one that has a chance of winning against Ranox, which I vehemently disagree with.

How will the winning map be handled once development for it is done? Will it simply be rolled out onto the servers and then tested with live people? Or will a pre-release test be done?

Perhaps if the most voted map doesn't work out every map could first be performance tested before they're even considered for a vote? More work for developers, true, but less back-and-forth with the community and a lesser server population drop in anticipation of the next map (happened last time).
The following 3 users Like Avgar's post:
  • RedPanda, Wolven, Bobby
(05-07-2019, 09:45 AM)Avgar Wrote: Voted for V5P, as that is the only one that has a chance of winning against Ranox, which I vehemently disagree with.

How will the winning map be handled once development for it is done? Will it simply be rolled out onto the servers and then tested with live people? Or will a pre-release test be done?

Perhaps if the most voted map doesn't work out every map could first be performance tested before they're even considered for a vote? More work for developers, true, but less back-and-forth with the community and a lesser server population drop in anticipation of the next map (happened last time).

What do you disagree with regarding Ranox?
If we get a map which we have not run on the server before, we will test the map on the beta server very systematically. The last thing we want is spending much time setting up CityRP (spawnpoints, doors, locations, NPCs, etc) and then realize the map crashes/FPS drops.

Our main server should not be an experimental server. Once we have decided and tested the map we should stay with it for a long period, and not keep cycling between other maps.

I personally vote to keep V4B1, but at the end the players will decide.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 5 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Laurinwookie, RedPanda, Awestruck, rino, Slaint
(05-07-2019, 10:21 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: If we get a map which we have not run on the server before, we will test the map on the beta server very systematically. The last thing we want is spending much time setting up CityRP (spawnpoints, doors, locations, NPCs, etc) and then realize the map crashes/FPS drops.

Our main server should not be an experimental server. Once we have decided and tested the map we should stay with it for a long period, and not keep cycling between other maps.

I personally vote to keep V4B1, but at the end the players will decide.

Thank you Soul! Very cool!
The following 1 user Likes Forgee's post:
  • rino
I like the look of Ranox, but testing will need to be conducted as I'm one of those that really struggled with performance.

Excited to see the results.