Fish Vendor
Title of Suggestion: Fish Vendor

Description
Like a weed vendor you could sell your fish to him.

Why?
Cause noone really buys fish anymore and it would be a better way to make money passively!
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
+support
Wolven

+Support, fearless definitely needs more passive ways to make money.
+Support!

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

+Support

Quite a nice way to make money passive. There is a fisherman model which I think is from HL2 which would be perfect. What would also be quite nice if it wasn't a set value so his prices would vary.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 1 user Likes Joe Joe's post:
  • Chumps
Big +support
A new passive way of earning money would be definitely needed.

Also a bit of a wild suggestion from me, but perhaps overhaul how fishing works. Currently, it's pretty boring:
Step 1) Look at the water
Step 2) When fish bite, look at the sky
<Repeat>

Maybe instead it could be expanded in some way:

1) Baits & upgradable fishing rods:
- If you really want to improve your fishing business, you could purchase better fishing rods and baits from the chef. It could add a bit of a tycoon aspect to fishing, where you spend some money and in return get better profits.

- If you only fish for yourself, a basic rod without baits would be just fine. If you want to sell fish, upgrades and baits are the way to go.

- A mining system was suggested before, so perhaps a sort of a "mining" system could be included here as well. Maybe tree trunks/stumps would spawn at certain parts of the map. From these trunks and stumps, you could collect the best baits to use. Since they are harder to get, you could either sell them for money or keep them to improve your fishing business. 

- Baits and rods could have some sort of durability system, so you can't just buy the best rods and bait once and keep using them forever. Also, this would reduce mindless grinding, as you'd have to get a new rod and baits once in a while. 

2) Improve how actual fishing works:
- Currently, you only have to move your mouse up and down and that's the whole fishing experience you get. It's boring and extremely repetitive. Changing how fishing works would also make the activity a lot more interesting.

- One way to do this could be to turn it into a "minigame". For example, once a fish bites, you'd have to click your mouse at the right time in order to catch the fish. Click too fast and you snap the line and damage your rod a bit. Click too slow and the fish escapes and you lose your bait. This would make fishing actually interesting and less repetitive. Also, it adds some difficulty to fishing, since you don't want to break your expensive upgraded rod or lose your expensive baits.

( ^^^ That was just one example, but the point is, fishing is too damn repetitive)

Also some misc suggestions, nothing game changing but just something I thought about:

If you don't want to fish at the pier, but also works for other RP as well. Maybe SRU/criminals are raiding someone on the other side of the lake. Maybe you want to do fisher RP, diver RP, island RP etc. A lot of ways to use these, since jet skis don't fit any specific RP and the yacht is way too expensive and again, not really for general RP.

- Fisherman outfit / NPC modelhttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=268895498 )
If you want to immerse yourself in the fisherman life or it could be used for the fish vendor NPC
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 6 users Like TheSiphon's post:
  • Chumps, ElonWuzhou, TASSIA, Zona, Bobby Shmicki, DVN
(03-10-2019, 06:25 PM)TheSiphon Wrote: Big +support
A new passive way of earning money would be definitely needed.

Also a bit of a wild suggestion from me, but perhaps overhaul how fishing works. Currently, it's pretty boring:
Step 1) Look at the water
Step 2) When fish bite, look at the sky
<Repeat>

Maybe instead it could be expanded in some way:

1) Baits & upgradable fishing rods:
- If you really want to improve your fishing business, you could purchase better fishing rods and baits from the chef. It could add a bit of a tycoon aspect to fishing, where you spend some money and in return get better profits.

- If you only fish for yourself, a basic rod without baits would be just fine. If you want to sell fish, upgrades and baits are the way to go.

- A mining system was suggested before, so perhaps a sort of a "mining" system could be included here as well. Maybe tree trunks/stumps would spawn at certain parts of the map. From these trunks and stumps, you could collect the best baits to use. Since they are harder to get, you could either sell them for money or keep them to improve your fishing business. 

- Baits and rods could have some sort of durability system, so you can't just buy the best rods and bait once and keep using them forever. Also, this would reduce mindless grinding, as you'd have to get a new rod and baits once in a while. 

2) Improve how actual fishing works:
- Currently, you only have to move your mouse up and down and that's the whole fishing experience you get. It's boring and extremely repetitive. Changing how fishing works would also make the activity a lot more interesting.

- One way to do this could be to turn it into a "minigame". For example, once a fish bites, you'd have to click your mouse at the right time in order to catch the fish. Click too fast and you snap the line and damage your rod a bit. Click too slow and the fish escapes and you lose your bait. This would make fishing actually interesting and less repetitive. Also, it adds some difficulty to fishing, since you don't want to break your expensive upgraded rod or lose your expensive baits.

( ^^^ That was just one example, but the point is, fishing is too damn repetitive)

Also some misc suggestions, nothing game changing but just something I thought about:

If you don't want to fish at the pier, but also works for other RP as well. Maybe SRU/criminals are raiding someone on the other side of the lake. Maybe you want to do fisher RP, diver RP, island RP etc. A lot of ways to use these, since jet skis don't fit any specific RP and the yacht is way too expensive and again, not really for general RP.

- Fisherman outfit / NPC modelhttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=268895498 )
If you want to immerse yourself in the fisherman life or it could be used for the fish vendor NPC

Agree with what you're saying.

So ill +support the thread, however, its implemented its needed. Another thing for us to do.

But no to the boat. Get a proper fisherman boat not a military boat as such.You would not see people fish from that
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
(03-10-2019, 06:34 PM)perqe Wrote: But no to the boat. Get a proper fisherman boat not a military boat as such.You would not see people fish from that

Military does use those kind of boats as well, but it's just an inflatable boat like this: [Image: pro-open-650.png]

Though the black design and all make it look very militaristic. The real issue is that it seems to be literally the only small boat on the entire workshop. I haven't managed to find any boat like that. It's either the jetski, yacht or the one I linked. But I do agree, it doesn't look that good, but it's pretty much the only option out there.

Maybe it could be reskinned to look more civilian, like in the picture I posted?

EDIT: 
I think I found an okay addon:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/file...1415538438

[Image: ?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter...erbox=true]

Though it's Simfphys, so not sure if it works on the server. Also the model for the small boat is a bit on the low quality side.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheSiphon's post:
  • Chumps
(03-10-2019, 06:42 PM)TheSiphon Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 06:34 PM)perqe Wrote: But no to the boat. Get a proper fisherman boat not a military boat as such.You would not see people fish from that

Military does use those kind of boats as well, but it's just an inflatable boat like this: [Image: pro-open-650.png]

Though the black design and all make it look very militaristic. The real issue is that it seems to be literally the only small boat on the entire workshop. I haven't managed to find any boat like that. It's either the jetski, yacht or the one I linked. But I do agree, it doesn't look that good, but it's pretty much the only option out there.

Maybe it could be reskinned to look more civilian, like in the picture I posted?

EDIT: 
I think I found an okay addon:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/file...1415538438

[Image: ?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter...erbox=true]

Though it's Simfphys, so not sure if it works on the server. Also the model for the small boat is a bit on the low quality side.

Thats literally the boat from GTA 4
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
+Support
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:75548000&b=10]