V2D
Something fresh needs to happen.

Last time, I fought for V2D with everything I had and it was great but didn’t sort the problems then completely, so I don’t feel it would now.

Look into something new, breath some new life instead of going back to maps that have been used before.

Won’t cast a vote as I don’t play, but that’s an opinion of someone who could return given something new shows.
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • Wolven, TheMJ
V2D = worst gmod map ever

no
The following 2 users Like Nevy's post:
  • Laurinwookie, Lewwings
Don't do this again, don't start the entire dumb map change cycle again. It's one of the biggest regrets I have from my time as dev, don't make the same mistakes. The issue really isn't the map anyway, it's the community being split on what exactly they're looking for in a map. Like seriously, half the community actually wants to roleplay and the other half just wants to shoot people. You're all looking for VERY different things in the server and that's why a lot of you never agree on things. Changing maps won't fix anything.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Another map cycle would make for some good FL memes
How many of them do you need until you realise changing maps is not some magic community fixer
The following 3 users Like Agorith's post:
  • General Rickets, Pollux, Wolven
I’m afraid there’s no way I can support this, when the map was switched from Pines (RIP forever in our hearts ;(( ) I watched players on V2D go through the same cycle every day, sure the server would be full, however there would literally be zero rp actually taking place. A player would put down a dupe, in one of the terribly located building spaces (the only empty stores were actually behind Main Street, meaning the majority of players didn’t actually notice that there was an rp going on). Anyway, the player would wait for 20 minutes or so, nobody (I mean seriously NOBODY) would come, they’d get bored, either leave the server or go raid. I watched it happen time and time again. V2D is not a good option for FL, it’s outdated, it’s got jaundice, and it’s just not going to bring back rp in my personal opinion.
How about a non EvoCity map, really change things up.
The following 5 users Like Forgee's post:
  • Joe Joe, Nick, Chumps, Bobby Shmicki, Zulu
(02-27-2019, 10:28 AM)Sparx Wrote: I’m afraid there’s no way I can support this, when the map was switched from Pines (RIP forever in our hearts ;(( )  I watched players on V2D go through the same cycle every day, sure the server would be full, however there would literally be zero rp actually taking place. A player would put down a dupe, in one of the terribly located building spaces (the only empty stores were actually behind Main Street, meaning the majority of players didn’t actually notice that there was an rp going on). Anyway, the player would wait for 20 minutes or so, nobody (I mean seriously NOBODY) would come, they’d get bored, either leave the server or go raid. I watched it happen time and time again. V2D is not a good option for FL, it’s outdated, it’s got jaundice, and it’s just not going to bring back rp in my personal opinion.

I get your point.

But as a Super Administrator on Fearless Roleplay, you have to thinks whats best for the community at the end of the day not from what you have seen. The server still has no roleplay however, it has 50-40 less players.

Me personally don't have a clue, im still brainstorming ideas to try and throw them your way but anything is better than now because tbh its dying and when you're on it seems dead.

Furthermore, the development continues to be slow but sure, it brings up minor updates here and there which have very little impact on the server its self. So this issue needs to be addressed before anything. Another thing is the lack of developers, hats off to Arny hes a young dev, he should be out enjoying himself yet, hes grinding shit for the server, hes more active than the majority of the staff team. Why hasnt he got admin, dev? Deserves it plus would do a better job than some of the people in the team, hes proven he cares for FL. Then how does promoting devs work? The dev team needs to be bigger. Look at Aektek for example, hes shown tremendous loyalty towards the server in the past year, being a contributor for over a year. He has shown hes willing to make and push updates. So why isnt he dev? You going to give him dev when its too late, because at this rate you should be relying on people like him. You dont pay the developers so i dont see the big issue in why they are never promoted.

I also, think its either V2D, which wont last forever it will die out like v4b1; or you could just find a completely new map for us to use. You have to be realistic about this new map, Coded has got a past for failing to deliver to his promises, while i understand there is probably more important matters in his life, dont promise something you cant actually give. Because of this a new map should be found for the community as the new map will take some time.

Also, another issue is obviously us as players, we all need to make an effort to get online and roleplay for example, but we can only work with what we are given. Also, the staff team. In my opinion, 8 months ago compared to now the staff team is much better, however, still not as great as the team back in 2015. Obviously, every team will work differently due to their management but im still convinced the staff are not doing enough. The activity for most isnt great, they come on to use the market, or afk a couple of minutes and leave. Without mentioning names some come on place massive dupes ignore @ calls for 45 minutes until they're called out in OOC by countless people. Its just obvious to me some are are only in it for the powers, so that for example if some minges in their massive 500 prop dupe they can just issue a ban or blacklist or install fear so they fuck off. I just think people want it more than the staff team tbh. Like if the server is dead of roleplay like it is, why are staff not making an extra effort to stimulate and encourage roleplay, I've already said that its also the players with this but the staff need to take responsibility and admit to this but im not all against them as they also have lives you have to remember.

This was just a rant on what me and other people have discussed, some my own views, some other people views and some of the views are honest perspectives of the situation at hand.

So please no one take offence, at the end of the day i just want the server to get back on its feet as I actually care about the sever and what it to thrive like it used to.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
(02-27-2019, 09:18 AM)Pollux Wrote: Don't do this again, don't start the entire dumb map change cycle again. It's one of the biggest regrets I have from my time as dev, don't make the same mistakes. The issue really isn't the map anyway, it's the community being split on what exactly they're looking for in a map. Like seriously, half the community actually wants to roleplay and the other half just wants to shoot people. You're all looking for VERY different things in the server and that's why a lot of you never agree on things. Changing maps won't fix anything.

No one passive roleplays.

People only aggresive, the people who aggressive have many roleplay points and are great at roleplay. However, we can only work with what we have been given.

This statement is far fetched. But i agree with the map change being hardly a fix.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
neutral

i think evocity_fl looks promising, but maybe inbetween we can do v2d
(02-27-2019, 06:47 PM)perqe Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 09:18 AM)Pollux Wrote: Don't do this again, don't start the entire dumb map change cycle again. It's one of the biggest regrets I have from my time as dev, don't make the same mistakes. The issue really isn't the map anyway, it's the community being split on what exactly they're looking for in a map. Like seriously, half the community actually wants to roleplay and the other half just wants to shoot people. You're all looking for VERY different things in the server and that's why a lot of you never agree on things. Changing maps won't fix anything.

No one passive roleplays.

People only aggresive, the people who aggressive have many roleplay points and are great at roleplay. However, we can only work with what we have been given.

This statement is far fetched. But i agree with the map change being hardly a fix.

People do Passive RP. Quite alot actually.