Are Fearless Bans the Right Length?
Hey yea I was playing some Fallout server a bit ago and me and my friend got permed for him typing '/me slaps bum'. It make me wonder what you think on the ban system. Too long? Too short? Or just right!
[Image: KtSNMBw.jpg]
Reasonable but extremely questionable at certain occasions.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 3 users Like Yonno's post:
  • DramaLlama, Baskingner, Spartan_KCT
(11-12-2018, 06:14 PM)Yonno Wrote: Reasonable but extremely questionable at certain occasions.

Explain?
(11-12-2018, 06:15 PM)DramaLlama Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 06:14 PM)Yonno Wrote: Reasonable but extremely questionable at certain occasions.

Explain?

Honestly, due to the fact that administrators can decide on their own banlenghts creates situation where in the same situation a player gets banned for a day where others get banned for several days or just receive a blacklist. 

This gives people the feeling of biasness and personal vendettas. For me that is the biggest flaw in our bansystem.
The following 3 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Yonno, DramaLlama, Spartan_KCT
(11-12-2018, 06:22 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 06:15 PM)DramaLlama Wrote:

Explain?

Honestly, due to the fact that administrators can decide on their own banlenghts creates situation where in the same situation a player gets banned for a day where others get banned for several days or just receive a blacklist. 

This gives people the feeling of biasness and personal vendettas. For me that is the biggest flaw in our bansystem.

Staff will defend against your comment by saying everything is done on a case by case basis, tbf in their defence people have different histories, if someone has done the offence 3 times before and someone has done it for the first time of course they would be different, but if they have equally done it before and are given different punishments it calls into question the system they are using to decide.
Personally find that people who are doing malicious rule breakages such as prop pushing, mass cdm, true 100% non questionable RDM should all be punished higher regardless of playtime as if someone is messing around like this, they will not want to roleplay properly tomorrow or the day after, they are not here to roleplay at all. I'm not saying this isn't done as looking at the bans, it seems to be occuring which is good but a few seem to disagree with this.

The case by case basis, while having flaws, is overall a good system. There are many aspects that may contribute to the length of a ban such as whether someone has actually understood what they've done wrong and were unaware and the impact of the rule breakage on others. It's not a black and white system and I don't believe it would be better to have a system where there are specific punishments for each rule breakage or anything like that.

Overall, seems like it's being done pretty well in terms of length. I'm in favour of longer punishments. When I've been online (which isn't much), the main problem has just been staff activity.
The following 1 user Likes mintblackbeard's post:
  • DramaLlama
"If that player did not deserve it or was sorry for their actions there is nothing stopping them making an UBR."
If they show an intent or at least an interest in roleplaying, educate them, don't jump to punishing them, this goes for long-time players too, unless it's deliberate on their end.

If they show 0 fucks about the server and/or rp, still educate them, but punish them too, just not crazy mad style.

Only dump those who are taking a dump on FL.

Simple as.

Also everything is a case-by-case basis, if you used a system for all rule infractions, no matter the severity/type, that would be messed up.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 2 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • DramaLlama, mintblackbeard
(11-12-2018, 07:50 PM)Lewwings Wrote: If they show an intent or at least an interest in roleplaying, educate them, don't jump to punishing them, this goes for long-time players too, unless it's deliberate on their end.

If they show 0 fucks about the server and/or rp, still educate them, but punish them too, just not crazy mad style.

Only dump those who are taking a dump on FL.

Simple as.

Also everything is a case-by-case basis, if you used a system for all rule infractions, no matter the severity/type, that would be messed up.

I agree.
The following 1 user Likes DramaLlama's post:
  • Lewwings
once upon a time there was official regulations on how long someone should be banned for said offence
Kind Regards,
Floodify