How to: Get better weapon models, clientside!
Ever wanted to replace those god-awful CSS weapon models? Well, we can't add custom models to the server, because that would increase the content pack file size, resulting in slower downloads.
But that doesn't mean you can't do it yourself. Pretty much any model from GameBanana will work in Gmod. However, the custom models from GameBanana often have custom animations, which screws up the positioning of the ironsights.
The solution? Get a model pack that uses the default CSS animations. Yes, it doesn't look as good, but it looks hell of a lot better than the default CSS models.
So this is what you do:
1. Download this pack: http://filesmelt.com/dl/Prettier_Weapons.zip
(By the way, I took it from here: http://www.cdg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50127. I just took out a selection of the models, materials and sounds in that pack and compressed them in a .zip for the sake of easy installation into GMod.)
2. Extract the "models", "materials" and "sound" folders to steam\steamapps\*username*\garrysmod\garrysmod
3. Enjoy.
And the best thing is, these models will work with anything that uses the CSS gun models.

Here's a preview on what they look like:
[Image: preview18.jpg]
[Image: preview25.jpg]
[Image: preview31.jpg]
[Image: preview41.jpg]
[Image: preview52.jpg]
[Image: preview61.jpg]
Also, I use this skin for the hands: http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/10389
Didnt liked them.Cuz that watch seemed pretty gay to me :3
Unless they have the Aliens pulse rifle I aint interested.
The following 4 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Serpent Lord, equal, Haarek, Anakonda
(01-20-2012, 11:28 PM)RainbowDash Wrote: Didnt liked them.Cuz that watch seemed pretty gay to me :3

The watch is a seperate skin. It's perfectly possible to use the models with the default CSS hand skin.
What's wrong with the CS:S Skins?
I think the CSS ones are fine as they are already. But I do agree with Faustie, if they have the AR2 Pulse Rifle I might be interested :3
I really do not reccomend downloading skins. They have different offsets unless they are reskins without custom models.
Different offsets mean your ironsight will be useless, you might get your hand covering your entire screen, or the gun flipped weird over to the other side of the screen when trying to use your ironsights.
(01-21-2012, 06:59 PM)Sweet Bro Wrote: I really do not reccomend downloading skins. They have different offsets unless they are reskins without custom models.
Different offsets mean your ironsight will be useless, you might get your hand covering your entire screen, or the gun flipped weird over to the other side of the screen when trying to use your ironsights.

I don't think you read the OP.
This set of models uses the default animations and offsets. The ironsights work fine. Although the M4 is a tiny little bit off, and the UMP is skewed, but all of the other models work perfectly with the ironsights.
(01-21-2012, 06:59 PM)Sweet Bro Wrote: I really do not reccomend downloading skins. They have different offsets unless they are reskins without custom models.
Um... these are skins, not models. You'll still have the default hands, only with a fancy new texture.

EDIT: Well, the hands are. The guns are new models but are very similar to the originals anyway.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
I WILL DOWNLOAD OMG

Im just kidding. But i really like this.

Im gonna download
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.