Can this save us?
[Image: PyoFNAv.png]

There has been some discussion about this topic, and yes I'm opening another discussion thread about it; Staff Applications.

I'm sure many of you were known with the teacher system. You make an application and you wait for your application to be concluded, however, in the meanwhile the staff members will look at your activity both on the servers and on the forums to make sure that the applicant will fit for the role. The staff members know the player is interested in joining the staff team, and the staff member might have noticed this person before, but as he wrote the application then they have might have spotted a perfect candidate for the staff team. 

The staff team can spectate the player and see how he acts while there is visible staff in the area and while there aren't. If this worked to get the teachers, why won't it work on staff members as well? They are still roleplayers who would like to assist, and the staff team can see if the player doesn't fit for the team and can conclude the application why he won't receive the role. Maybe the time between each application can be a bit longer, but you can also be handpicked on the side of the applications as well.

I believe it would be a good system to have, but also as I stated that we will also have the handpick system so players don't have to apply to become a staff member, however, it will be like a little "Hello, I'm seeking the position because I believe I can fit as a staff member". 

What are your thoughts?
[Image: clvck9d.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zona's post:
  • chopchop1614
Dont have much time to write out a well written response, but no. I don't think it would be beneficial.

People can easily make themselves look better through text. The amount of time it would take to process each application also slows down any other processes.

If anything they should just promote some more TAs, but not through applications.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 6 users Like Yonno's post:
  • sebasti161, Zona, Luna, Coffee, Random, Lewwings
The current promotion system is flawed. While yes you can make yourself look better in an application, that would only be an issue if the staff team didn't look into them after the application.

An application based system would allow players who are more to themselves and not forum Hawks a chance to let the team know they are interested. (Which imo those people in the past have turned out to be great staff ex: Rickets, Venom, and PreditorOfWar for me)

I am not suggesting applications be the sole reason for promotion, but provide the staff team candidates to pick and look into without the need to simply suggest people within the team to look into. The only downside of this is it will give Divey a huge addition to work load in comparison to what he is doing now.

I'm on board with this
The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Zona, Lewwings
Kinda like Fultz said, I think an area to show interest so the staff team will have a more select audience to monitor would be more beneficial
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • Zona
I don't really understand the whole people can make themselves look better with text part. Because you can infact write a well written application and completely lie on it in every way, but if the staff are going to watch you in game, monitor you on the forums etc it won't take long to find out that you are in fact lying. It will allow the staff to see who are interested in becoming a staff member, I don't see how it's a bad idea?

Maybe put some requirements in like minimum hours, RP points, events hosted and an admin as a character reference to vet the applications and potentially give people something to work towards if they are interested in it.
The following 5 users Like Grunt's post:
  • Zona, James, Huskii, Lewwings, BasicallyMental
Written applications should be allowed assuming you meet certain requirements. This would be similar to how a university interview process works. You send in an application, you are tested (admins watching you ig), you have an interview and then they decide if you are right for the job. The written application should not be the only part of the staff selecting process but it should be used as a starter in order to see who is interested and motivate people to go for the staff position if its something they would like to do.
The following 3 users Like chopchop1614's post:
  • Zona, Lewwings, BasicallyMental