RPPs are dead
Think the quality has dropped because there's no reward or recognition.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 4 users Like Envy's post:
  • mgdwszx, Spartan_KCT, Archer, sebasti161
(07-25-2018, 12:56 PM)Envy Wrote: Think the quality has dropped because there's no reward or recognition.

My dad said that to my mom last night.

-Removed by Steven8ken
The following 3 users Like Dragnort_'s post:
  • Envy, Spartan_KCT, CorieTheNub
(07-24-2018, 07:49 AM)Spartan_KCT Wrote: Hey guys,

Today I would like to start a discussion about roleplay points. In my opinion, since the teacher rank was removed RPP have been practically obsolete. If we just take a brief look at the rate which RPP's are given it's honestly very bad, the last one was given about a week ago.
When teachers still existed RPP's were given out mostly every day, now it seems like you need a lot of luck to get one.
I remember a lot of people telling me that RPP's used to be way more frequent, which I believe the staff should bring back.
Especially with a lot of good ideas revolving around progressive rewards for RPP's, I think we need to make sure RPP are given for good roleplay's. Not just for (mini)-events or whenever someone feels like it.
In my opinion it's pretty simple, more RPP's lead to more motivated members roleplaying at their best ability and less minging around because of boredom.

I think these points promote all kinds of roleplay and are therefore essential to be given out more frequently. But unfortunately, most admins don't seem to care about RPP at all.

Below you can see a comment made by equal, which is one I completely agree with and that I wanted to include to explain my opinion more extensively.

Quote:If I had to reach the number of RPP's I currently have, starting from scratch in today's Fearless. I wouldn't get 57 until 2039.

Roleplay points shouldn't be given for extraordinary roleplay, they should be given for roleplay that stands out or is better than decent. It doesn't always have to involve a ton of typing and usage of /me's for it to be great roleplay. Something as simple as an officer, president or even a delivery driver should be eligible to receive points.

I haven't seen a single RPP been given out since I returned to Fearless. Judging by the logs the only points given out was staff giving teachers and teachers giving other teachers/friends, multiple times a day.

Lower your expectations and standards. Open your mind and actually look for great roleplayers trying to get shit done. If they get one point, they get a taste of it and it will be an incentive for many great roleplay scenarios to come.

Let me know what you guys think!

Edit:
One option could be to add a new rank that focusses on promoting and maintaining roleplay which will be able to give out RPPs. Members would be able to apply for this rank on the forums, just like you could when applying for teacher.
We could even go as far as saying that this rank will be responsible for organizing (mini) events.
I think having a seperate rank will relief the admins because they could solely focus on their admin duties instead of needing to focus on roleplay as well.

When the teacher rank was there, I always said to myself that there was no point of having it. Although I don't do passive I do completley agree with your point. Some passive's are seriously fun, and they do deserve roleplay points however they're not given due to a lack of staff on the server.

Roleplay points are there to be given as a incentive to do passive. I understand how boring it gets, I do whenever I've tried it. A certain area of staff would really help the server.
The following 1 user Likes JoshZ's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
(07-25-2018, 12:35 PM)Falc Wrote: This.

Complaining about not getting RPP’s but doesn’t do Roleplays good enough. Most people throw a shop up and hope a few decorations get them a point and then complain when they don’t because they used a whole 4 /me’s and 1 /it. Lol.

Jesus man have you not read anything and just instantly threw it off as someone complaining about not getting one. I don't care about receiving RPPs but I think they are needed for the health of roleplay in general. Please provide solid points instead of brushing it off with not thought out points.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

(07-25-2018, 01:28 PM)Spartan_KCT Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 12:35 PM)Falc Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 12:26 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 11:33 AM)Spartan_KCT Wrote: Guys, it is not a discussion about the map. It's about RPPs being obsolete/dead.
Let's stay on topic.

I honestly cant tell you the last time I saw an rp that was anything special. Maybe instead of complaining about admins not giving out role play points incredibly easy, you guys do an adequate unique roleplay?

This.

Complaining about not getting RPP’s but doesn’t do Roleplays good enough. Most people throw a shop up and hope a few decorations get them a point and then complain when they don’t because they used a whole 4 /me’s and 1 /it. Lol.

Jesus guys, have you not read it anything and just instantly threw it off as someone complaining about not getting one. I don't care about receiving RPPs but I think they are needed for the health of roleplay in general. Please provide solid points instead of brushing it off with not thought out points.

What do you mean? This thread has branched off into 3 different ways. 1 being admins dont care to give out points and the guidelines for giving them out has made it harder. 2. Everyone saying teachers need to come back. and 3. The map is the issue.

I begun with 3 which was the map and you said to get back on topic. So I responded to exactly what you said on your main post.

Quote:I think these points promote all kinds of roleplay and are therefore essential to be given out more frequently. But unfortunately, most admins don't seem to care about RPP at all.

But instead of getting off topic of your perfect thoughts, tell me what you want me to respond to because what I am seeing is on topic means we need to give out rpps more. Quote your perfect reply or make a new one just for me because I guess I am just incompetent.
why role play when you can just get naked for soul ripper, get sa and give them to yourself?
The following 1 user Likes fieldy's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
(07-25-2018, 01:35 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 01:28 PM)Spartan_KCT Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 12:35 PM)Falc Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 12:26 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 11:33 AM)Spartan_KCT Wrote: Guys, it is not a discussion about the map. It's about RPPs being obsolete/dead.
Let's stay on topic.

I honestly cant tell you the last time I saw an rp that was anything special. Maybe instead of complaining about admins not giving out role play points incredibly easy, you guys do an adequate unique roleplay?

This.

Jesus guys, have you not read it anything and just instantly threw it off as someone complaining about not getting one. I don't care about receiving RPPs but I think they are needed for the health of roleplay in general. Please provide solid points instead of brushing it off with not thought out points.

What do you mean? This thread has branched off into 3 different ways. 1 being admins dont care to give out points and the guidelines for giving them out has made it harder. 2. Everyone saying teachers need to come back. and 3. The map is the issue.

I begun with 3 which was the map and you said to get back on topic. So I responded to exactly what you said on your main post.

Quote:I think these points promote all kinds of roleplay and are therefore essential to be given out more frequently. But unfortunately, most admins don't seem to care about RPP at all.

But instead of getting off topic of your perfect thoughts, tell me what you want me to respond to because what I am seeing is on topic means we need to give out rpps more. Quote your perfect reply or make a new one just for me because I guess I am just incompetent.

You might've missed but I changed my comment as it wasn't intended for you. (Because at first, I misunderstood what your  points were)
Thank you for your sarcastic comment but the replies were starting to become a discussion about map change, which is suitable for another discussion.
End of the day it's largely down to admin activity, as other people have pointed out. Unfortunately, when there is generally only 1/2 admins on a full 75 slot server there isn't much chance to explore roleplays.

They've always been mishandled imo, I spent 150+ hours gametime roleplaying, never received one, join servers half a year later, I get 3 points in 3 hours gametime for same quality roleplay ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
The following 1 user Likes mgdwszx's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
"Dobby if you got RPP for shooting people you'd have more than Lesanka" 

In my opinion removal of the teacher rank impacted the rate RPP is given. I'd walk in to the shop "hi". Teacher walks in "/me smiles and waves, hi how can I help sir is there anything I can do to assist you? /It a buzz of a fly zooms around"

Jokes aside potentially worth looking I to reintroducing the teacher rank!
The following 2 users Like god's post:
  • Wolven, Spartan_KCT
I agree with you that the Roleplaypoints are not distributed much. In my opinion this is not so bad because otherwise everyone suddenly has thousands of RPP's. I do not agree with the teachers, when the teachers were still here they were not distributed so much.
The following 1 user Likes T1W's post:
  • Spartan_KCT