fieldy ubr
Your name: elliot 

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:60344235

Your ban ID: 80018

Banned by: Yonno

Reason: Harassment - Posting pictures of a player in-game without their consent // Misuse of billboards

Involved: Rickets

Why we should unban you: 

I'll start off and admit what I did was morally wrong, however, I still feel my ban was unjustified. Especially for 2 years.
Firstly, I'd like to start by debunking the "harassment" claim. Under the Equality Act of 2010, harassment is the discrimination of a person's protected characteristics (I believe there about 9, you can do your own research if you're curious). None of the characteristics fall under a person's natural height, the very thing you're claiming is harassment. 

You also have to bare in mind, that for this to be harassment I would have had to be intentionally offending him. Something that I was not. It was a joke made in poor taste, in all honesty though, there were some laughs so from bystanders so I guess it wasn't all bad. Everyone has a different perception of humor. 

I don't understand why I would need Ricket's permission to use his picture. As I stated earlier, I know it's morally wrong to do but it's still a picture accessible to anyone with or without a forums account. It's public and anyone can see it. Would I need to ask Taylor Swift if I wanted to use a picture of her on a billboard? 

Someone also changed the ban, adding "Misuse of Billboard" at the end. I'm not going to argue this point as although I agree it was never originally in the Ban Reason hence, in my opinion, marks it invalid. You should be consistent with why I was banned.

In relation to my other bans, it would seem as if I were a repeat offender for so-called "harassment" but I feel as if this situation is different. Those bans were justified and I actually had the intent to offend those who I insulted but with this case, there was nothing like that. I have nothing against anyone involved it was a misunderstood joke. I simply took a picture off the forums, stuck it on a sign and made a crude "wanted" poster with a short joke underneath.
Hi Fieldy,

Thanks for taking your time to make this Unban Request. Sadly the original punishing Admin 'Yonno' is no longer within the team and therefore myself and the team will come to our conclusion on this however I will get a statement from Yonno.

After looking into it, it is clear what you did towards the player 'General Rickets' was not very friendly and can be deemed as harassment of said player. A definition does not indicate how a player may feel as people take things like that very differently. If I remember correctly you also caused problems with other users on the discord after your ban therefore leading to a punishment there.

So to finalise in this statement if you knew it wasn't morally correct or very nice why did you bother doing it?

Thanks,
Joe Joe
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
(07-21-2018, 06:15 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: Hi Fieldy,

Thanks for taking your time to make this Unban Request. Sadly the original punishing Admin 'Yonno' is no longer within the team and therefore myself and the team will come to our conclusion on this however I will get a statement from Yonno.

After looking into it, it is clear what you did towards the player 'General Rickets' was not very friendly and can be deemed as harassment of said player. A definition does not indicate how a player may feel as people take things like that very differently. If I remember correctly you also caused problems with other users on the discord after your ban therefore leading to a punishment there.

So to finalise in this statement if you knew it wasn't morally correct or very nice why did you bother doing it?

Thanks,
Joe Joe

Well Joe Joe, I've had 3 months to contemplate my actions and have only really come to that conclusion prior to the incident. As I aforementioned in my OP, at the time I assumed it would just be taken as a light-hearted joke, maybe a little giggle here or there and we'd all ride off into the sunset one more smile for the better and for the most part this is true but not everyone felt the same way. I can somewhat sympathize with why the user felt the way he did but seriously all I did was call him short. 

I honestly don't understand that other ban, I know I probably didn't react in the correct manner but Aspire was just being annoying and I wanted him to stop talking. He had me blocked and he didn't need to read my messages in the first place he was blatantly viewing everything I was saying which doesn't make any sense.
Hi,

Joe mentions the ban you had for harassment of me for the second time, you yourself mention me in this ubr and even make claims about me. I will be replying as I feel I am involved due to the actions of those above.

I will draw attention to this : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/3...nknown.png

The user purposely low rated a number of things posted by me, I am posting this reply to show that over the 3months he said he has reformed he has not.

The user is still harassing people as shown above.

P.s. no communications for months and he still attacks me by 1 starring my threads.

Have a nice day.
(07-21-2018, 07:58 PM)Aspire Wrote: Hi,

Joe mentions the ban you had for harassment of me for the second time, you yourself mention me in this ubr and even make claims about me. I will be replying as I feel I am involved due to the actions of those above.

I will draw attention to this : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/3...nknown.png

The user purposely low rated a number of things posted by me, I am posting this reply to show that over the 3months he said he has reformed he has not.

The user is still harassing people as shown above.

P.s. no communications for months and he still attacks me by 1 starring my threads.

Have a nice day.

please dont get involved
This user continues to harass me on the discord, insulting me and trolling me in general.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/3...nknown.png
He does not deserve to be unbanned.
(07-22-2018, 09:40 PM)Aspire Wrote: This user continues to harass me on the discord, insulting me and trolling me in general.

[Involved]
You're instigating the conversations with him just stop it Aspire. You are toxic and are winding him up.

-Removed by Steven8ken
(07-22-2018, 09:40 PM)Aspire Wrote: This user continues to harass me on the discord, insulting me and trolling me in general.

this ubr is about a billboard not you, you attention seeking freak please get off this thread and take a 2 week forum ban
--| Denied |--

After an internal discussion as well as speaking to Yonno the team have come to the conclusion do Deny your Unban Request. During the period of obtain the first one you then continued to harass other players and receive a punishment for that. At this time we do not believe its necessary to remove or reduce the punishment and therefore the whole length will remain.

Thanks,
Joe Joe
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<